Pre-season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are the biggest club in Europe that have never qualified for a European competition. Our fans would love to see us play in a proper friendly with a decent, well-supported European team. But we always seem to just go to a training camp in Portugual that is swelteringly hot and have a kick about against local opposition.

I'm sure that there are plenty of big city clubs in Europe that would give us a game, and our fans would travel in numbers and spend money. I'd love to see a friendly in a proper stadium with a decent crowd. St Pauli, Bochum, Strasbourg, Valencia, AGF Aarhus, Bilbao, wherever. I'd go for sure. Really can't be arsed with low-key friendlies in Portugal though.
Low-key ?
I was almost shanked by dem Real Betis monsters in 2019 !

Just seen that Hallam FC have said they'll have their pre-season fixtures out by the end of the week. Hopefully our under 23s have their usual game there (although we didn't last year, IIRC?).

I think Scotland is off the radar forever now, after the Tannadice summer monsoon brought an early end to proceedings :(

The summertime Scottish League Cup Group-stage has pretty much ended Pre-season friendlies north of the border for the foreseeable future.

This and the fact the club only bothers tell fans about the plans about 2 weeks before, make it difficult for most people to go.

It'd be good to have another big game at home too, like the Inter Milan game. Just been listening to the Four Blades podcast and they were talking about giving Sharp a proper send off. Doing so against an elite club in this bracket, at home, would be perfect.
The big boys of European football charge you for a friendly fixture - pretty sure Real Madrid is something like £100,000

Be a great test and prestigious game if true !

Back
Top Bottom