Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Stoke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looking forward to getting back into it, although after a break, whether planned or unplanned, our form is very unpredictable, hopefully the time off has helped with getting a few players back. I'm a little worried about sharps fitness/availability as his partnership with mgw was improving match on match. At least heckingbottom may have a lot more options changing the game with competitive subs
Thanks as always Roy

Genuinely the most difficult View From to get since the League One days. So uninterested.
Mate of mine's a Stokie who lives away. Used to get himself home 8-10 times a season to see the Potters, and I went along a coupe of times a season.

He cannot be arsed at all now. Completely lost interest; thinks they've become the dullest of dull clubs. No ambition, dull football, coasting players. This is bloke who's been going 40 odd years through some thin and thinner apart from the 2010s.

For those who haven't been to their place (cannot think what the ground is called these days: please let it be Bramall Lane forever) all will become clear. Sterile is the best word I can find for it lately.

Genuinely the most difficult View From to get since the League One days. So uninterested.
Well done, pal. I had a quick look at their forum last night and they hadn't even started a thread. It was like they were pretending like it wasn't going to happen!
At his rate they could give Coventry a good run for their money at being the most boring football club in the country.
utb

Twelfth…I’ll take it

Mate of mine's a Stokie who lives away. Used to get himself home 8-10 times a season to see the Potters, and I went along a coupe of times a season.

He cannot be arsed at all now. Completely lost interest; thinks they've become the dullest of dull clubs. No ambition, dull football, coasting players. This is bloke who's been going 40 odd years through some thin and thinner apart from the 2010s.

For those who haven't been to their place (cannot think what the ground is called these days: please let it be Bramall Lane forever) all will become clear. Sterile is the best word I can find for it lately.
The first year it opened the atmosphere at the 2-2 game there was fantastic

I can't even find how many tickets we've sold for this one,is it even going ahead.
How hard did you look?

and its a cold stadium, wrap up for this one!

Well done, pal. I had a quick look at their forum last night
TBF we havent got a thread on the game

At his rate they could give Coventry a good run for their money at being the most boring football club in the country.
utb

Is it the new ground syndrome / all seater stadia
Victoria ground always used to be a bit tasty

You may well think that their enthusiasm is a little underwhelming at present , but at times like this they could be the most dangers teams to play.
Just don't let them smell blood or we could well live to regret it...... 😉

How hard did you look?

To be fair it doesn’t say on there how many tickets we were given.

How many have we given by the way. I’m only going last minute so didn’t pay much attention to our allocation

I know a lot of Stokies who feel that way. Two things contribute at least partially to that. Firstly, they enjoyed an extended stay in the top league and believed an immediate return was guaranteed and it didn’t happen. They’ve had several underwhelming managers, including Nathan Jones, brilliant at Luton before and after and hopeless at Stoke.

Secondly, they have mega wealthy owners who would spend to get them back up if they could, money is really no object.

It was the Britannia, now it’s the Bet365 Stadium, the business that made their owners billionaires (short digression, but they bought a house from somebody I know with a view over the Cheshire plains. They only looked at the view from outside, never went in and paid the full asking price of £2 million. The house was demolished and rebuilt to their specification).

To be fair it doesn’t say on there how many tickets we were given.

How many have we given by the way. I’m only going last minute so didn’t pay much attention to our allocation

It's usually somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 these days in the league

Back
Top Bottom