Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Derby

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On what alternate reality does someone think the pigs are a bigger club?

They aren’t event relevant these days.

I don't think a sold out away end justifies 37 quid a ticket at all.

There really is no reason other than a money grab. 20 is plenty.

People in the last year have been furloughed, lost jobs, there's now more food banks than McDonald's, rising prices in fuel etc.

It's time we looked at a salary cap in football.
I understand the points you are making but if we sell out at £37 a ticket, surely the pricing is right.
As long as there are people to pay for all items on sale by a business then the price is not too high.
SUFC is a business like any other and seems to be run fairly well at present.

Hard to disagree with the feeling over the ticket pricing.

It's nothing new, I remember paying about the same at Leeds and Ipswich in this league 10 years or so ago. That said, I still find it wrong.

Tickets over priced agree but hard to agree with much else from a club that tried to pull the wool over the EFL by selling there ground to themselves plus any over misdemeanours they tried to cover up.. They gambled over the years and failed don't blame us blame your owner

Rooney had to pretend to be the doctor just so he could speak to Mel Morris.

Possibly not the first time he's used that 'alter -ego'?😳

£37 seems high, but then as a club we are well down on "free" SKY money that Prem clubs live on. £20 for an away ticket is fine when clubs rake in £120+ million each year.

We do have parachute payments and fortunately the players contracts were written with decreased salaries, but that still doesn't alter the fact that the club was geared to a Premier League lifestyle that will need trimming back each year we stay in this division. Our turnover before getting promoted was £25m (?? ish) and it will be lets say £30-£35m if we are still in this division at the start of the 4th year.

It's simple economics which a lot of football fans are devoid of - truth hurts sometimes. I reckon the Prince will give it a good go this year and next year and if we are still in this division, parachute money for year 3 will be used primarily to get us ready for the 4th year and by then hopefully on a relatively even keel with finances. Derby & the pigs show what happens when dreams are chased.

We've got, in effect 2 years to get out or we'll be like a Birmingham - run of the mill average.

UTB
Maybe....

Surely that decision will be made by the auditors
Very true Morris has effectively washed his hands at this point. It was for Wigan I know they appealed because other clubs cough Wednesday had their punishment applied the season after the offence was committed. But the EFL ruled that any points deduction for administration applies that season. Given the Wigan precedent I doubt they’ll appeal the administration deduction and given the other 9 is for their offence last year and was a suspended punishment I doubt the administrators will see an appeal as a worthwhile expense.

The ticketing price is totally correct from a business perspective, as they've sold out. Ethically though, it's wrong to charge supporters be it home or away fans, £37 to watch is in effect an old 2nd division game.

If the country was awash with affluent people with well payed jobs then it could be argued that the price is reflective of the times and the population and be more palatable. Clearly in the current financial climate with job insecurity and off the back of lockdown, that isnt the case and I expected clubs as a whole to be more sympathetic to the fan with the price at the turnstile. Clubs banged on about how much they missed the fans and then rip them off royally when they are allowed to come back. Let's face it if it was any other form of entertainment taking the piss on prices you wouldn't go. The gift football has going for it over other entertainment is decades of fans supporting 'their club' and families / friends handing down the support of an individual club through the generations which breeds loyalty and tribalism traits. Clubs know this and use it to their advantage.

So business wise, prices are correct. Morally, sort yourself out football. You are wrong to fleece the *fans.

(*except Pig fans as you can charge them fuckers £75 a ticket for all I care).

£20 is not plenty. It just rhymes with plenty.
I'm sure the board have got all the figures and projections to keep the club financially stable in The Championship.
Maybe they have got stats to show how a recently relegated PL team gets more / less support in it's 1st season back so you need / can have high prices in Season One? I don't know, but someone will have worked all this out.

Cheers roy, like most others are thinking the pricing is all wrong, and i agree with the comment about giving a % of income from there support ,to support those who will be losing there jobs

This would be a nice gesture but the £55k they talk about will be needed to pay brewsters wages for a week and a half..

Derby have got a lot of Blades related players!

Jags, Ravel, Kazim-Richards, (Sam) Baldock, Stearman

I'd love to see the evidence there's more food banks than Maccies now in this country???

No fan of this government but I'm also not a fan of blatant misinformation!
According to Mcdonalds and the commons library there are some 700 more food banks than McDonalds restaurants.

I understand the points you are making but if we sell out at £37 a ticket, surely the pricing is right.
As long as there are people to pay for all items on sale by a business then the price is not too high.
SUFC is a business like any other and seems to be run fairly well at present.
If it's fine to run football as a business, then the big 6 should get the Super League back up and running and shaft the rest of us.

If it's fine to run football as a business, then the big 6 should get the Super League back up and running and shaft the rest of us.
How else can you run an entity with a turnover of millions ? The prospect of all being run as charities is unrealistic.

How else can you run an entity with a turnover of millions ? The prospect of all being run as charities is unrealistic.
You can run it like a public service or a charity. I agree it's not going to happen, but that doesn't mean we should be happy about it. Football makes enough money without needing to shaft fans.

The ticketing price is totally correct from a business perspective, as they've sold out. Ethically though, it's wrong to charge supporters be it home or away fans, £37 to watch is in effect an old 2nd division game.

If the country was awash with affluent people with well payed jobs then it could be argued that the price is reflective of the times and the population and be more palatable. Clearly in the current financial climate with job insecurity and off the back of lockdown, that isnt the case and I expected clubs as a whole to be more sympathetic to the fan with the price at the turnstile. Clubs banged on about how much they missed the fans and then rip them off royally when they are allowed to come back. Let's face it if it was any other form of entertainment taking the piss on prices you wouldn't go. The gift football has going for it over other entertainment is decades of fans supporting 'their club' and families / friends handing down the support of an individual club through the generations which breeds loyalty and tribalism traits. Clubs know this and use it to their advantage.

So business wise, prices are correct. Morally, sort yourself out football. You are wrong to fleece the *fans.

(*except Pig fans as you can charge them fuckers £75 a ticket for all I care).
But in a way they didn't. They sold their initial 2,000 but when they were offered the next 300 they refused to take them as it would cost them. Birmingham took the extra Derby refused them. To me that's wrong on our count

Back
Top Bottom