Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Bristol City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As long as we finish in that second spot, they and the rest of the jealous fan in this Division can carry on calling us what ever names they want,

It's only if they ever stopped being jealous that I'd get worried ...... ;)

I read Roy's View Froms because it's amusing how people see the same event so very differently - we do that amongst ourselves anyway, so it's hardly surprising that fans of our opponents have very different opinions.

I don't get as upset as some of you seem to about badly informed or just plain daft comments, those are just amusing to me, like someone thinking Basham is still a major influence for us, or those (I don't think it's in this latest batch) who reckon Berge is the best player in the division.

Pre-match View Froms are even more hilarious and usually show the level of appreciation that's synonymous with Steve Nicol or Danny Mills. I'd like to be able to speak about Bristol City but I haven't the faintest idea how they like to play and I haven't a clue who any of their players are. The only things I know about them are that a very strange individual is their manager, that they've lost untold millions in the last few years chasing God knows what but only achieving mid-table mediocrity, and that the camera angle at their ground is akin to Zeus looking down from Olympus.

Whether or not some dim Bristolian or other thinks Sheffield United are dirty Northern bastard hoofball merchants is neither here nor there. It's impossible to bear them any malice as it's a club that's just so unremarkable and beige.

For my sins I live in Bristol. Most of them down here are fucking grockles -obvious when you read their comments. Clearly we are watching different United teams.
UTB and FUCK OFF Brizzle. Looking forward to my trip to the barbers on Wednesday morning, where they are all City "fans" just to rub it in.

Cheers Roygbiv appreciated as always 👍

I'd like to be able to speak about Bristol City but I haven't the faintest idea how they like to play and I haven't a clue who any of their players are. The only things I know about them are that a very strange individual is their manager
That's interesting gordoncharles as I'm exactly the same, I know absolutely nothing about them or how they play, but agree completely about their manager :)
I'm wondering if people actually think they know about us because we've been on telly a bit more than them, but to be fair if Bristol City were playing anyone other than us, I wouldn't watch it without a very good reason, this goes for most other teams too, so how do they and other teams' fans know so much about us and the way we supposedly play, when we seem to know nothing about any of them. I like football, but to be honest, if someone said all that's on telly is Bristol City, I wouldn't watch it as I'd have no interest, so for them to watch the Blades enough to be able to comment, when they hate the football we play, seems a bit strange to me.

Right then, let’s have this right. This is Bristol City…who the fuck are they to be talking like this? Absolute perennial no-mark club with fans that aren’t as good as The Gas. Fucking tripe from them.

Cheers roy, looking forwards to seeing this physical united team instead of the one weve been watching, and the old kick and run should be a change from trying to walk it in

I only read the view from to make sure Roy is earning his corn.

45% pay rise....spaffing
Forum committee meeting required

The blades should be on it 100%, there's a team to pick for Wembley, and this is the last chance to impress hecky and claim a shirt..

Pretty sure you've just copied the same comments that the Cardiff fans made before our game.

"Nothing special..."
"Fancy us to get something..."

Another over-confident set of fans based on nothing at all.

That said, they are a bit of a bogey side of ours, so I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we slip up.
Add Hull to that list.

Probably a few more as well

Firstly, I can see why they say parts of what they have.

I said in another thread, we defend very well and we have 2/3 individual match winners that tend to produce moments for us.
However, we're not a possession based team, there isn't much of an attacking system and our midfield doesn't tend to dominate the middle of the park.
We're not the easiest on the eye.
We're pragmatic and efficient with sprinklings of brilliance (Ndiaye / McAtee).

I agree with them (and most other fan bases), we are one of the most physical and competitive teams in the league.
We shouldn't be embarrassed about that. Other teams should be embarrassed that they either get intimidated by it or lose their heads in the battle. Honestly, screw them.
I would much rather have players like Baldock, Robinson, Norwood, McBurnie etc. flying into tackles, than be accused of being a soft touch.
We come up against plenty of diving, time wasting, opportunistic chancers. We barely do any of that, home or away.

We're not a long ball team though.
Norwood & Doyle shift it left and right, Berge likes to pick it up, run with it and play it into feet. McAtee and Ndiaye like to carry it into dangerous areas and McBurnie is too slow for us to knock it directly run into channels. He drops and links.
The "kick and run" comments are the ones I see as total nonsense and it's not the first time I've seen it.
Pretty much agree with all of that.

Physical? Too fucking right, it's a physical contact sport you knobheads. If you don't like that, take up bowling or something.

Very physical team blah blah, kick and rush blah blah, very ordinary blah blah, we'll play this or that player and he'll sort them out blah blah, I'd love it if they fail blah blah, I'm just so pleased for all these fans of teams who arent going to get promoted, who are happy watching complete gentlemen playing silky total football with no desire whatsoever of being successful

Cheers Roy. Hopeful of 3 points tomorrow, beat Bristol, whoever they are, and thats another step to the prem.

Cheers Roygbiv

Salty! Physical, how are they second, not very good, bullies.

Yep after all those games the league has settled down yet. Feckin southern idiots.

What are these morons talking about,do they even watch football salty Wanna be Welsh wazzocks

If the comments about our defenders just 'booting it upfield' means that we don't really go in for all that fannying about in our own penalty area, then I'm delighted about it. The amount of goals you see week in week out on highlight reels that are directly as a result of teams 'playing out from the back' borders on the ridiculous. If only JLT had just booted it out at Burnley, we might have got a result there and Wes not sent off.
I genuinely think one of the reasons our defence has been better than most this season is simply because we generally don't fuck about in our own box.

Lets hope we don't catch them on an off day, like we have every other team over the last 4 years. Hecky should have a word with Iliman and tell him to stop hoofin it everywhere for a change and take a player or two on. TYPICAL
Not forgetting Berge, hoofing all game, Norwood, hoofing it from side to side and don’t get me started on the ultimate hoofer McAtee. Typical Man City hoofer

Not forgetting Berge, hoofing all game, Norwood, hoofing it from side to side and don’t get me started on the ultimate hoofer McAtee. Typical Man City hoofer
I'll start the petition to change our name to Hoofield United

Who were the last team to get promoted from Champ to Prem with a hoof ball kick and run style?

Silly me! Was us the last time we went up under Wilder wasn’t it! All them hoofs by the centre backs down the wing who then ran 60 yards at lightning pace to receive the ball they just hoofed. This is what we were infamous for…hoofing overlapping centre backs.

Back
Top Bottom