Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Bristol City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Firstly, I can see why they say parts of what they have.

I said in another thread, we defend very well and we have 2/3 individual match winners that tend to produce moments for us.
However, we're not a possession based team, there isn't much of an attacking system and our midfield doesn't tend to dominate the middle of the park.
We're not the easiest on the eye.
We're pragmatic and efficient with sprinklings of brilliance (Ndiaye / McAtee).

I agree with them (and most other fan bases), we are one of the most physical and competitive teams in the league.
We shouldn't be embarrassed about that. Other teams should be embarrassed that they either get intimidated by it or lose their heads in the battle. Honestly, screw them.
I would much rather have players like Baldock, Robinson, Norwood, McBurnie etc. flying into tackles, than be accused of being a soft touch.
We come up against plenty of diving, time wasting, opportunistic chancers. We barely do any of that, home or away.

We're not a long ball team though.
Norwood & Doyle shift it left and right, Berge likes to pick it up, run with it and play it into feet. McAtee and Ndiaye like to carry it into dangerous areas and McBurnie is too slow for us to knock it directly run into channels. He drops and links.
The "kick and run" comments are the ones I see as total nonsense and it's not the first time I've seen it.

Last edited:
If their comments are based on our performance against them earlier in the season, we were away from home in the middle of an injury crisis, we had 7 players not playing who are likely to play tomorrow, we'd played away previously that week and had a packed schedule. It's going to be a completely different game if you ask me.

Are we dirty?

Sander couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag and even looks effeminate when he's hauling someone down purposefully on the halfway line.

McAtee is a child.

Ndiaye is an amazing footballer who gets kicked a lot.

McBurnie things he's hard but my dead Nan would beat him up.

Egan hasn't got a good foul in him.

Doyle just gets on with it.

Bogle, couldn't knock a wank out

Lowe is far too pretty to be dirty.

That leaves Anel (booking a game) Ahmedhodzic, JLT (who is a bit dirty but in a good way), Norwood and Fleck who are just slow, not dirty. George, angry but in a cuddly way. Billy, who's a bit of shithouse, I'll give them that one.

“Take away their Man City loanees and it would be worse. Chris Basham is a big miss for them”

where do you start with this, Basham is such a big miss he's started 3 games for us since the world cup, how will we ever cope & get who ever this into punditry as im looking forward to his take on fa cup semi final, "take away Haaland & De Bruyne and it would be worse"

Interestingly, I've always thought that Jack Robinson is as 'Dave Bassett' a type of player as anyone we ever had under Dave Bassett. I could see him fitting right in with that 1992 team.
Wish he’d boot it down field a bit more though, instead of getting in a tangle… But I get your point.

What a set off tossers. We didn't deserve to win at their place, but kick and rush ? 🤣 Hope we kick and rush them tomorrow.

Will be a closely fought encounter tomorrow night and they have more to offer than Cardiff did. They have nothing to play for so they will be relaxed and it will be a tricky game for us, but Anel should be back to replace Basham 🤣

They couldn't beat us last time with this starting line up:

Fodders

Basham Egan Robinson

Baldock Ndiaye Norwood Fleck Osborn

Sharp Khadra

Now they have to face a potential line up of:

Fodders

Anel Egan Robinson

Baldock Berge Doyle Mcatee Lowe

Ndiaye McBurnie

It might not pan out in the same way as the reverse fixture, but I'd be happy with a 1-0 win again - Brizzle will not just roll over though.

Cheers Roy,
Bugger me, don't need to ask for extra salt on mi chips after reading that lot.
I'll just point the view from at them, that should be enough.

Bristol City on their high horse, playing wonderful flowing football, sat 14th in the league.

When I have seen them play, they have been absolutely dog shit.

If their comments are based on our performance against them earlier in the season, we were away from home in the middle of an injury crisis, we had 7 players not playing who are likely to play tomorrow, we'd played away previously that week and had a packed schedule. It's going to be a completely different game if you ask me.
I remember because of all the injuries we had Khadra playing upfront that game, who spent 45 minutes passing it straight to Bristol City players before being hauled off.

The fact that we still managed to win that game with half a team explains why we're on the verge of automatic promotion and they're floundering around in midtable for a second successive season.

I do love a Monday lunch pep talk to really get me in mood to beat this lot tomorrow. I can’t wait a few pints and piss on the bastards below below.

The league table never lies you end up where you deserve to be. Cups the stars can align the league not. If we finish second we’re the second best team. At various times Reading and QPR have been top both could be relegated. Does the fact they’ve been top make them one of the best teams? Of course not it’s bollocks. Don’t like the football that’s fine but don’t try to make out we’re not the second best performing teams because the evidence shows otherwise.

wooooh what comments these are just sound more like the pigs...My mate supports the Gas I showed him theses clown comments he said this Is what we have to put up with all the time. I said they sound like the pigs. Looking for a double on Tuesday wait up here are the odds its worth a tenner Blades to beat this lot and The Gas win a good double 6.12/1 looks like an easy £72.78 with bonus (Bet 365) bet placed

Thanks Roy get that bet on Son

Attachments

• IMG_5197 2.jpg
    IMG_5197 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I don't mind people saying we are shit, sometimes we are.

Have to laugh at the "I wouldn't want to watch that" stuff. Really? We've scored more, conceded less, created more chances, given away less chances, are odds on for automatic promotion and in an FA Cup semi final.

We've also had more progressive passes, more progressive carries and have a better pass completion % than BC. We've attempted and completed more short passes. We've attempted less long passes. We have a higher possession %. We are both in the bottom half for fouls. We've received more of both red and yellow cards. They've been awarded 40 more fouls than United.

So, basically, stop crying. The teams play in a similar fashion and we had everyone injured last game

Are we too physical? I’m genuinely confused because I don’t feel we are. Maybe these soft southerners don’t know what competitive looks like
They hear a negative comment from Blade haters like Don Goodman and just latch onto it like sheep. There's no way we're too physical, half of the outfield team has hardly got a strong tackle in the them. Our problem is that we give away daft free kicks for the slightest touch but don't as many ourselves because we're not very good at being cheating diving grimacing bastards like a lot of the teams in this division are. If we go up, we'll definitely need to include a cheating diving grimacing refresher course in our pre season.

I said in another thread, we defend very well and we have 2/3 individual match winners that tend to produce moments for us.
However, we're not a possession based team, there isn't much of an attacking system and our midfield doesn't tend to dominate the middle of the park.

I agree with them (and most other fan bases), we are one of the most physical and competitive teams in the league.
We shouldn't be embarrassed about that. Other teams should be embarrassed that they either get intimidated by it or lose their heads in the battle. Honestly, screw them.
I would much rather have players like Baldock, Robinson, Norwood, McBurnie etc. flying into tackles, than be accused of being a soft touch.
We come up against plenty of diving, time wasting, opportunistic chancers. We barely do any of that, home or away.

Norwood & Doyle shift it left and right, Berge likes to pick it up, run with it and play it into feet. McAtee and Ndiaye like to carry it into dangerous areas and McBurnie is too slow for us to knock it directly run into channels. He drops and links.
The "kick and run" comments are the ones I see as total nonsense and it's not the first time I've seen it.
Agreed, although had we hit it long on Saturday for Ndiaye to run on to we may have won more comfortably as they only had one player at the back with any pace.

Spot on

To be fair, half the posters on this forum are saying "how are we second?"
Many games have been terrifying to watch as we go from one Laurel and Hardy fuck-up to the next, but still somehow manage to come away with 3 points. Saturday's game v Cardiff being a perfect example.

On the other hand, can't get excited about what this lot think. Let them bring their 500 to the Lane, we will tease them with a few hospital passes across our area, a few comedy collisions between our centre halfs, then send Ndiaye and McAtee in to deal them a death blow: 3 points, thank-you very much

Thanks Roy. What the fuck was all that about?
I just got as far as half way then started glazing over at yet another load of old bollocks.
Boot and run. Are we at fucking school or summat?
They'll have us doing goalie wag and next goal winner too.

I don't mind people saying we are shit, sometimes we are.

Have to laugh at the "I wouldn't want to watch that" stuff. Really? We've scored more, conceded less, created more chances, given away less chances, are odds on for automatic promotion and in an FA Cup semi final.

We've also had more progressive passes, more progressive carries and have a better pass completion % than BC. We've attempted and completed more short passes. We've attempted less long passes. We have a higher possession %. We are both in the bottom half for fouls. We've received more of both red and yellow cards. They've been awarded 40 more fouls than United.

So, basically, stop crying. The teams play in a similar fashion and we had everyone injured last game

The "wouldn't want to watch that every week" comment is great. Personally I wouldn't want to watch this every season in The Championship

Screenshot_20230417-130113~2.png

Pin this one on the dressing room wall Paul.

I hope we hump this mob dry.

Love a bit of hoofball

That goal is a pretty good reflection of my post above. Berge carrying and playing it into feet.
Doyle spreading the play and McAtee taking it into a dangerous area... and providing the match-winning sprinkling of brilliance.

To be fair, half the posters on this forum are saying "how are we second?"
Many games have been terrifying to watch as we go from one Laurel and Hardy fuck-up to the next, but still somehow manage to come away with 3 points. Saturday's game v Cardiff being a perfect example.

On the other hand, can't get excited about what this lot think. Let them bring their 500 to the Lane, we will tease them with a few hospital passes across our area, a few comedy collisions between our centre halfs, then send Ndiaye and McAtee in to deal them a death blow: 3 points, thank-you very much

I'm seen as being one of the more negative posters on here and I don't question how we're 2nd. We've been the 2nd best team for almost the entire season.
To be honest, I can't recall seeing anyone on here wondering that..

Out of possession, I think we're the best and most organised team in the league.
I'm pretty sure XG models would even have us above Burnley.

We're not as good as Burnley, or even Middlesbrough (at their best) to watch but we're results driven.
Few teams (if any) can boast a similar number of players with our heart, desire and (as importantly) knowhow to get results.
A lot of our lads have been promoted and ground our results in the PL. The experience is there.

If it wasn't for an absurd amount of injuries we'd have at least 8 or 9 points more than we do now and we'd be long gone.

Back
Top Bottom