Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Bristol City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The blades should be on it 100%, there's a team to pick for Wembley, and this is the last chance to impress hecky and claim a shirt..
Should Fleck and Norwood maybe get 60mins to play themselves into form for Saturday?

We may be ordinary, and indeed many of the other things they say, but if that's the case it implies the teams below us are not even good enough to be ordinary, what an indictment on his own team.

I read Roy's View Froms because it's amusing how people see the same event so very differently - we do that amongst ourselves anyway, so it's hardly surprising that fans of our opponents have very different opinions.

I don't get as upset as some of you seem to about badly informed or just plain daft comments, those are just amusing to me, like someone thinking Basham is still a major influence for us, or those (I don't think it's in this latest batch) who reckon Berge is the best player in the division.

Pre-match View Froms are even more hilarious and usually show the level of appreciation that's synonymous with Steve Nicol or Danny Mills. I'd like to be able to speak about Bristol City but I haven't the faintest idea how they like to play and I haven't a clue who any of their players are. The only things I know about them are that a very strange individual is their manager, that they've lost untold millions in the last few years chasing God knows what but only achieving mid-table mediocrity, and that the camera angle at their ground is akin to Zeus looking down from Olympus.

Whether or not some dim Bristolian or other thinks Sheffield United are dirty Northern bastard hoofball merchants is neither here nor there. It's impossible to bear them any malice as it's a club that's just so unremarkable and beige.
Great post. Logic tells me you are spot on, but I am one of those people who does get riled by this sort of thing, and I’m trying to not let it. I have been enraged by Wrexham and Forest fans recently, found myself biting (which solves nothing) and it actually doesn’t do my mental health a whole heap of good. Finally came off Twitter for calling a sanctimonious Forest fan a “cretinous piece of shit”. I think I was right, but did it really need putting in writing? Had a long hard look at myself that day!

“If they had had as many yellow and red cards as the average team gets they would have struggled for players.”

Thanks Roy,
I keep looking at the above line and I can't quite get my OCD brain through it.

...edit: and looking a bit further, my rudimentary googling skills suggest we have received MORE cards than ANY other team in the division (103 yellows/4 reds), so if we'd had as many as the average team we'd have had MORE players available.
Blackpool with 9 reds! What they playing at?

Last edited:
Should Fleck and Norwood maybe get 60mins to play themselves into form for Saturday?

Play em both for me as it would be a nice reward for all thier service, it's incredibly likely it won't affect the outcome whatever side we pick, put Coulibaly and Arblaster on at half time for me.

It's a free hit, do you think berge (who is nailed on to start) is gonna be anything other than completely basic and ordinary?

“If they had had as many yellow and red cards as the average team gets they would have struggled for players.”

Thanks Roy,
I keep looking at the above line and I can't quite get my OCD brain through it.

Goalie sent off twice this season.

We're competitive. We tackle hard, but fair and we don't go down easily ourselves. Hence why we've had a grand total of 1 penalty all season

Clogged our way to victory
Tall northern ogres in middle of park
Summat about long throw
Old father time sharp
Off day
Don't know how 2nd

That's the post match 😂

Last (again)
This reading the viewfrom after the match seems to work well. It’s also less stressful 😀

Moaning Bristolians and a pissed off Pearson, 'Great'.
Three points, "whack oh" and upwards'
Hoping Blades 'play carp' on Satdi and attain the same result.
Thank You Roy.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom