Pre-Match Police Issues - Bit of an Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Syp telling lies never ,I was on the last tram to get through swill corner and all their fans followed it up to the ground .it was a.pre planned act simple as that there wasn't anybody on the corner with fifteen minutes to go .they didn't want the two trams arriving at the same time as the camera holding bouncing children

Miss
I wonder if my link didn't work very well. I read an interesting analogy, an explanation of the analogy, and then the article stopped when it could have/should have gone much further.

Better than nothing I suppose.
Missed out alot of detail, thats why we need videos sent in to the star back up the allegations from blades fans, until then, anything else he writes needs some sort of evidence i think.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/steel...nd-to-fan-delays-at-away-turnstiles-1-8775470

“Supporter safety at our stadium on match days remains paramount and this was reflected in a successful operation working hand in hand with the relevant authorities before, during and after the derby match.”

Are these cunts serious? Have they learned nothing from 1989? The Leppings Lane end is still a disaster waiting to happen, yet this 'Sheffield Wednesday spokesman' chooses to raid the lexicon of weasel words. The tram was held up because some wankers were loitering round Hillsborough Corner. Do the police move them on - which they were perfectly entitled to do - or hold up a tram causing hundreds of Blades fans to miss a match they had already paid over the odds for? As ever, they chose the easy option. And the next time? Like all football hoolgans, they can stand around pretending to be hard, knowing the police will come to their rescue.

Seriously, given the way the police and SWFC treated our fans, I wouldn't give the pigs any tickets for the return game. Not a fucking one.

3 to 400 on Hillsboro corner,how they can quote 10000 is unbelievable

For once a decent Star link and a good piece by James Shield putting his neck on the block slightly.

Anyone who was on that tram should follow up with the P&CC and make the overpaid parasite earn his money.

Questions about the '10,000 fans' and the 'prior communication with SWFC to let them know about late fans' are obvious starting points.
SYP should not just be allowed to lie. The P&CC is in theory here to follow up shit like this and he should be kept busy doing so.

Okay it is not a major disaster and no-one was physically hurt, but that is not the point. Once again, our local police force and SWFC lied about their actions at Hillsborough. They really haven't learned a thing, even after 96 deaths.

Another update........
Just to advise that the lady I've been dealing with at the Football Supporters Federation has advised she's meeting with SYP in November to talk about the policing of the Sheffield derby & will send me a summary afterwards.
I think I recall someone saying she might have an account on here already but I've pointed her in the direction of this Forum for a taste of things from a fans perspective. Also offered to discuss direct or try round up some additional info if she needs it.
The fact this thread has had 15,000 views suggests it's been a popular one & important one - even more popular than Hillsborough Corner was on that memorable Sunday in September......

It would be interesting to hear from fans of other clubs as to how their local Derbies are policed.
For example, wasn't there a small match in Glasgow at the weekend? How do Strathclyde? Police cope with a sectarian crowd of around 50k in order. How do Greater Manchester police manage to police two European matches being held on the same night in Manchester with a total crowd involving overseas fans of say 130k where everyone has to mix in central Manchester pre and post match which is what happened at least once last season.
If anyone has experience of these events did you see anything similar to what happened on Sunday?
Sorry but I don't have much faith in SY Police when it comes to controlling football crowds. I remember a League Cup game at The Lane a few years ago, early round versus someone like Shrewsbury, a crowd of about 5k and there was Robocop in full riot gear standing in The South Stand concourse, pathetic.
It's about time they get to grips with this policing and actually learn from their counterparts in other police forces.

Trouble is, a change in SYP attitude to policing a game of football in sheffield [i.e. no Robocop] would be an admission that they fucked up in '89 and they are still lieing about that.

Had some really good dialogue with Amanda Jacks at the Football Supporters Federation and she's asked that if anyone wants to send her details/photo's/video of their experiences or observations of the Police operation in the build-up or aftermath of the Sheffield Derby on Sept 25th, they can send it to her directly at [email protected]
She has the details of this thread so will be able to see everything on here. Anything else you'd like to add/say though, please do get in touch with Amanda.
Thanks boys & girls and appreciate this is becoming a bit of a saga but I'm sure the Police would just like it to go away. But with this and the recent piece in the Star, maybe they'll get the message that this is their community asking them questions.
You know - the community they're supposed to serve.
Also thanks to Amanda for picking this up for us.

Had some really good dialogue with Amanda Jacks at the Football Supporters Federation and she's asked that if anyone wants to send her details/photo's/video of their experiences or observations of the Police operation in the build-up or aftermath of the Sheffield Derby on Sept 25th, they can send it to her directly at [email protected]
She has the details of this thread so will be able to see everything on here. Anything else you'd like to add/say though, please do get in touch with Amanda.
Thanks boys & girls and appreciate this is becoming a bit of a saga but I'm sure the Police would just like it to go away. But with this and the recent piece in the Star, maybe they'll get the message that this is their community asking them questions.
You know - the community they're supposed to serve.
Also thanks to Amanda for picking this up for us.
Well done mate. From everything I’ve seen this could’ve been much worse.

Lessons learnt from the Hillsborough disaster should’ve ensured that the coordination between the football club and the authorities had improved.

On this instance the police have blamed fans and club because the blades pulled the cord, the pigs were waiting for them and Sheffield Wednesday were responsible for the gates...

So who was responsible for the safety overall? Ensuring that fans were in the ground? Why were the trams so full that people were packed in? Why were home fans allowed to hang around outside the tramstop so late? Why was such little protection offered to away fans at Hillsborough, unlike at the lane when the whole away end is shrouded in steel barriers to protect the away fans?

What were the police expecting from this match? It’s a derby with a high turn out of fans. Fortunately for them, the away fans were fewer than normal for a derby as we’d been given fewer tickets

The coordination between all parties seems extremely poor and presumably the police have their own control room inside the ground. What is the point of this when they can’t then coordinate the safety of fans and open sufficient gates to allow fans who’ve paid a lot of money for tickets into the game!

the Star are a set of twats and have been Wednesday biased since Pritchett retired
they are obsessed with their agenda of ‘Sheffield’s great innit!’ stories as they stand by and watch our great city go down the shitter.. no wonder noone buys it anymore

Funny that you mention Wendy bias. Those of us http://www.history.com/with longer memories would say the bias went as far back as Fred Walters Swings light and retires

Very few Wednesday fans left on swillsborough corner with 20 minutes to kick off ,they were bouncing about in a very camp way near the lepps .it was all pre planned by south Yorkshire's finest ,forget cord pulls and all the other bollox .next time lads turn up a different way

I was one of those affected and have sent an email to the address quoted above. Very keen for this to be taken further, it was awful. I have questioned SYP on Twitter, they replied asking for my exact questions, which I put to them. Total silence from that point.

B
I was one of those affected and have sent an email to the address quoted above. Very keen for this to be taken further, it was awful. I have questioned SYP on Twitter, they replied asking for my exact questions, which I put to them. Total silence from that point.

Cheers Birdwell.

The two biggest lies are the laughable 10000 at HC and the emergency chord being pulled resulted in the delay.

Conditions on the illegally overloaded tram were very bad with everyone sweating from the heat. Once the officers on the tram realised that it wasn't full of front line BBC they were saying they were sorry but they had their orders and couldn't change anything. The emergency chord was pulled repeatedly because of the heat. The tram never stopped because of that and a PC said it wouldn't do any good anyway. The police on the tram were clearly concerned and didn't intervene when people started trying to open the doors.

I'm still awaiting evidence of 10000 pigs at HC. Surely one of them would have a photo or video of a turn out like that ?

Until I see that I'm still very comfortable in calling the copper who made that statement a liar.

He wants sacking.

I'm still awaiting evidence of 10000 pigs at HC. Surely one of them would have a photo or video of a turn out like that ?

They had dispersed at 1.10pm when 4 of us walked through.

So it's either a lie, or they saw us coming and ran off shitting themselves extremely quickly.

Surely one of them would have a photo or video of a turn out like that ?
Yes the police generally have one or more video cameras on show, given that this is the alleged crux of the problems on the day, there must be video of it.

Yes the police generally have one or more video cameras on show, given that this is the alleged crux of the problems on the day, there must be video of it.

He's clearly not thought it through when trying to justify the shambles. Clearly thinks the people of Sheffield are gullible enough to believe his bullshit. If he can't even get that right God forbid there is ever a major incident in the city on his watch. How do people get to those senior positions with that level of stupidity?

Back
Top Bottom