Potter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember when people thought we could get Eddie Howe after Wilder too! Some people love living in dream world.

The guy's still getting paid about a squillion a week by Chelsea, until he takes another job.

He'd not be interested anyway.

Also our less patient fans would not have the bottle, or patience, to support his style of football.

No chance of getting him. I doubt he could turn this shit-show around, even if we could.

Well if the Prince hasn’t been looking around for the last couple of weeks he is a poor employer. This is deteriorating by the week and most Blades are already resigned to relegation,possibly with the lowest points total ever. Potter I’m sure is way out of our reach but a top manager even after the shit show at Chelsea ,there is someone out there that can make some of these good players work,who I’m unsure.

Even if Potter could be tempted to come here (which I doubt), people seem to forget that Brighton are minted, and the money they are currently making on player sales was because of how much money they were able to invest a few seasons ago. Potter was still able to buy Caicedo for around £25m for example. He'll have nothing here to build with, maybe £10m in January if we're lucky. We need someone to motivate and put a bit of fight in the team, is Potter that man?

Are people posting Potter for a windup? He’d walk into a PL club, and we aren’t one of them.

Agree.....often thought Potter has air of arrogance about him. When Brighton played us he was never respectful as though he didn't like us.
I'm sure he's prepared to wait for the right PL club and he wouldn't want to lower his stock by managing in the Championship
as even at this early stage...it looks certain we'll be back in the Championship next season.

Regards manager suggestions, surely we need to factor in that the Prince is selling the club.
So logically he has zero interest in the club long term....his only interest is for us to stay up this season.
You would imagine he also doesn't want to make any major decisions...dishing out a high salary to a manager for 3 or 4 years etc.
The Prince will want to keep cost as low as possible, he'll be paying Hecky some compo and suspect he'll try to keep McCall and Lester.

In an ideal world the spec sheet for the replacement would
1: Someone with PL experience and ideally Championship promotion experience.
2: Someone who knows the club and understands the fans.
3: Someone who is agreeable to accepting Stuart McCall as their assistant with Jack Lester also on the coaching team.
4: Someone who has proven they can motivate and organise less quality (Championship) players into competing and possibly beating better players.
5: and finally the salary would be cheap (much lower than PL level) and only for 8 months. Obviously a massive £1 million bonus if he keeps us up.

To be honest hardly anyone fits the bill and who in their right mind would accept a low paid 8 month temp job.
It would have to be someone on the scrap heap, kind of seen as yesterdays men.
So wouldn't surprise me if the Prince does approach Wilder or has already approached Wilder about his future availability.
Would imagine Wilder would want at least a 2 year contract so there's pressure on the club to keep him if we're relegated.

Would be shocked if we think long term and go for a young man like the Plymouth or Ipswich managers.
Also would be shocked if we show ambition and splash the cash on a big name manager. Think it's Wilder or nobody.

Brian Potter in midfield would bring us some more mobility.

Graham Potter wouldn’t touch us with a shitty stick.

Potter is out of reach. Hecky’s replacement has got Nathan Jones written all over it. And despite his car crashes at Soton and Stoke, he’s got passion and a point to prove. Still warrants credit in the bank for what he did at Luton.

2: Someone who knows the club and understands the fans.
3: Someone who is agreeable to accepting Stuart McCall as their assistant with Jack Lester also on the coaching team.
It would have to be someone on the scrap heap, kind of seen as yesterdays men.
Doesn’t have to be any of those things. All that would do is rule out some potentially very good candidates.

Get him in before someone else does. Great work at Brighton. Will bring confidence back in the players, although not sure even Harry could fix our injury list.
Sadly, we have more chance of getting Harry Potter himself with his wizardry than Graham Potter

Didn't we loan him to Barnet?

Oh you mean the manager who could very well get the England job in less than a year.

Back from the dead to enter the muggle world and take on his toughest challenge yet - managing a flailing northern football club.

Harry Potter and the Shower of Shite. The 8th book. Coming soon to bookshops.

The thing is, and I’m not saying this is right BTW, he spoke a lot about the pressure and abuse at Chelsea. He said it was impacting his family and mental health. Maybe, just maybe, he would prefer a mid-tier project (another Brighton) rather than another big club where entitled, embittered fans swam you whenever things go west. With the abuse he got at Chelsea, I could understand why he might not fancy some of the clubs he’s turned down.

Just a thought.

Potter is out of reach. Hecky’s replacement has got Nathan Jones written all over it. And despite his car crashes at Soton and Stoke, he’s got passion and a point to prove. Still warrants credit in the bank for what he did at Luton.
Plays the type of football that would happily lead me to see whether you can, in fact, pluck your own eyeballs out with a wooden fish and chip fork.

Potter won’t come, it’s really that simple

Back
Top Bottom