Positives: we look better under Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

100%

I was just about ready to check out, but I'm now really looking forward to next season, with Wilder in the championship hopefully with a larger budget than before, having to build a new squad and do it all again

And I think he will do it again

We've got the best man for the job, and he's back home and mentally primed to succeed again

I'm just disappointed to talk about the championship there as if its inevitable because I think a win tonight could have truly changed the season
Thing is whilst I'm still expecting relegation it's clear him and the players have hopes of changing that narrative.

Boxing day has always been a massive game for us. Still is. We need to win really.

But if we can pull out performances like that which admittedly aren't great to watch. Then who knows. We've got city away coming up, can we eke another point there. It might even squeeze us the odd win like we nearly did.

Then the other matches where we can attack more we do and hopefully pick up some wins.

There's still a lot of footy left to be played and we currently look like we have life in us heading into the Jan window.

Luton is a huge game though. I really hope we win and it takes us past the 11 point mark.

With hindsight it probably should have been after the Newcastle game.
Said that after that debacle, it was among a few white flag games.You would not have survived in many industries after the shit show we produced with no answer how to stem a losing culture.

Small sample but point a game under Wilder. That's survival form over a season.

In a difficult run of fixtures as well. Without a window to bring in his own players and a shit load of injuries. Still unlikely now but it actually feels likely he could have kept us up with a full season.

It’s a very very good point gained against a team on 14 game winning streak at home .. how can it not be ? If we’re honest we had the run of the green on a couple of decisions last night .
It’s measure of how far we come in a month under CW when we’re disappointed with a draw .
There’s still plenty of points to play for and at least I’m not dreading certain fixtures anymore.
I know I’m clutching at straws but I really hope the board give the manager some backing in January, with some firepower up top who knows we might just surprise of the ‘pundits’ ?

Considering what else happened that week, then yes I think a lot of people would have complained.
Yes, fair point on that aspect. And I still maintain that with different refereeing it could have been 0-0 at half time.

It was more the first time we got absolutely pasted and you saw the team giving up a bit. We put it down to Maddy but it became a continual feature in the games after that with Hecky.

We couldn’t be any worse than we were under hecky. I’ve never seen a team in any league as useless as we were.

We have improved a great deal defensively and in our shape. Kudos to CW. We still have a long way to go in possession, composure on the ball, creating chances, aggression, winning 2nd balls.

Under hecky: 0/10
Wilder so far: 5/10

We look like a very bad stoke side ATM. Once we treat the ball with more respect, play with some composure and go at teams more, we will look like we start to belong in this league.

We couldn’t be any worse than we were under hecky. I’ve never seen a team in any league as useless as we were.

We have improved a great deal defensively and in our shape. Kudos to CW. We still have a long way to go in possession, composure on the ball, creating chances, aggression, winning 2nd balls.

Under hecky: 0/10
Wilder so far: 5/10

We look like a very bad stoke side ATM. Once we treat the ball with more respect, play with some composure and go at teams more, we will look like we start to belong in this league.
To be fair, the 3/4 games Wilder has had were Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa away so we aren't going to go at them.

The other game Brentford we won and deserved too.

It's scarcely believable that this is the same team that shipped eight to Newcastle, and five to Burnley. Villa must have had 70% possession, but only a couple of clear chances. This is the Blades team that I was expecting to see at the start of the season; one that competes for everything. I liked Hecky, but for whatever reason, the players did not perform for him.

Difference is we look more organised now, players looked bemused ,like not knowing what to do at the end of Heckys reign. Early days still under new regime, but lets face it most managers wouldn't have to do much to look better utb

Negatives: How many more late goals do we want to concede this season? Also, who scores a 88th min “winner” and doesn’t win?

Sorry blades but disappointed. 2 dropped rather than 1 gained.

Goodnight have a good Xmas see ya Boxing Day UTB
You seem to have forgotten the championship season, not that long ago, when we were three up at Villa, with ten minutes remaining. And we still only drew!.

We were shocking.

Very little quality anywhere, couldn't string three passes together for most of the game, and got very lucky with VAR.

On another day they would have had two penalties (Souza & Baldock), and the disallowed goal would have been allowed to stand even though there had been a definite foul on Wes.

I have to congratulate the players for their hard work and for never giving up in the face of adversity, which they would have done under the previous management, but anyone that thinks we have turned some sort of corner is well wide of the mark.

I was actually quite depressed watching that shit show last night and I strongly doubt that we will get past the twenty point mark this season, never mind getting near to staying up.

Hopefully we will recruit some fit, quality, players in January and I will be proved wrong but I just don't see it happening.

We were shocking.

Very little quality anywhere, couldn't string three passes together for most of the game, and got very lucky with VAR.

On another day they would have had two penalties (Souza & Baldock), and the disallowed goal would have been allowed to stand even though there had been a definite foul on Wes.

I have to congratulate the players for their hard work and for never giving up in the face of adversity, which they would have done under the previous management, but anyone that thinks we have turned some sort of corner is well wide of the mark.

I was actually quite depressed watching that shit show last night and I strongly doubt that we will get past the twenty point mark this season, never mind getting near to staying up.

Hopefully we will recruit some fit, quality, players in January and I will be proved wrong but I just don't see it happening.
Not Baldock
1703339013143.png

Really intrigued as to who we target in the JTW

For me it has to be a goalkeeper, some more athleticism in midfield and an experienced striker.

Wishful thinking I know

We were shocking.

You want to try reading this shit
Baldock used the red part of his arm to deliberately control that ball.

I would have been livid if that decision had gone against us at the other end.
Don't think it even touched his arm

We were shocking.

Playing the team about to go top, it's basically what we should expect. If you want us to play an open game against Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool then you've got your head in the sand about what our players can achieve. A point is better than an open, attacking 3-1 loss.

Brentfords a better benchmark, the team we played who were actually a target, we deservedly beat them, played more expansively and could have scored more.

Not all defensive performances are the same, and that first half whilst a tough watch was solid. We really limited them, which we weren't doing at any point before Wilder came back. We were giving up records for shots on goal.

Baldock used the red part of his arm to deliberately control that ball.

I would have been livid if that decision had gone against us at the other end.
Are you talking about the one in the 2nd half? No, it hit the very top part of the arm. 1st half the ball came off his face to his arm

January 1st will be very telling. In the past, we have bought or lined late in this window. If we have someone come in on the first or second then we are more serious about our chances of staying up than building for next season. Hopefully our recruitment team and funds align to hit the new year running and actually get to the holy grail of 17th position.

The board have really written the rule book on how not to conduct yourself when getting promoted to the EPL, for the life of me I can’t understand why he wasn’t brought in sooner, it’s not like the results didn’t warrant it

The owner respects the fans and prefers to be loyal to managers, He released some news about the possibility of a manager change to test the waters.

The response from the fans was very clear.

WE MUST STICK WITH HECKY, many still insisted he was the future and should be given his chance in the Championship.

So it would have been total stupidity for the owner to deliberate piss off the fans. Also it would have been unfair on Wilder with everyone against him from day 1 making his job so difficult.

Regards the delay in management change it’s clear if anyone is to blame it’s the fans.

Incredibly there were still plenty of fans that even when Wilder was appointed they still declared their undying love for Hecky.

Think we live in strange times where instead of judging someone on their ability, the decision becomes a popularity contest. Hecky was a very nice man dealt a bad hand so people felt sorry for him and wanted to remain loyal.

He put his right triceps right through it.

You need to take your red and white specs off and put some working ones on.
Triceps is on the back of your arm
That would be some fucking achievement
No wonder var didn't give a penalty against a scientific phenomenon
Probably too awestruck

It's also above the sleeve so you have demonstrated that when in doubt you always give the benefit of the doubt against your own player

Playing the team about to go top, it's basically what we should expect. If you want us to play an open game against Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool then you've got your head in the sand about what our players can achieve. A point is better than an open, attacking 3-1 loss.

Brentfords a better benchmark, the team we played who were actually a target, we deservedly beat them, played more expansively and could have scored more.

Not all defensive performances are the same, and that first half whilst a tough watch was solid. We really limited them, which we weren't doing at any point before Wilder came back. We were giving up records for shots on goal.
I didn't say that I expected an open game, I know what to expect and it's on that basis that my expectations for the season are so low.

Hard work can only take you so far, to go further you need a sprinkling of quality that we don't have.

We will almost certainly work our way to other hard working 1-0 wins this season but without a large injection of quality they will be few and far between.

Like many on here. Wilder’s exit and the months leading up during the covid season, he wasn’t the same person who slid on the field to celebrate Fleck’s goal. I think he needed to eat a bit of humble pie.

He’s come back like the Wilder of old. He was always a good manager, with her right team. We always played well under him, other than post March 20. He’s streets ahead of Hecky tactically and game management wise. I think we have a real chance in 2024. The players will be fitter, more organised and we’ll have made some astute signings.

Souza looks like a player now.

I never really cottoned on to the Hecky hype. Having a literal Champions League quality number 10 wins you a shit load of games in the Championship.

Triceps is on the back of your arm
That would be some fucking achievement
No wonder var didn't give a penalty against a scientific phenomenon
Probably too awestruck

It's also above the sleeve so you have demonstrated that when in doubt you always give the benefit of the doubt against your own player
The ball went off the bottom of his arm onto his his chest but you will only see what you want to see so this really is a pointless discussion.

Have a good Christmas and I'll see you in the Championship next summer.

Back
Top Bottom