Positions still needed in this summer window?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Innit funny that our midfield has been our glaring weakness for season after season.

Now all of a sudden our central midfield is absolutely stacked and it's our defence and attacking midfielders/strikers that are now looking like need additions.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

It's clear we need at least two new CB to replace Egan and Robinson. A good LWB. A good RWB as backup for Baldock. Ideally, actually, we need to sign two good LWB because Lowe and French Lowe are both gash.

And we need a goal scorer.

And a keeper to replace L1 Wes.

Ideally wanted 7 more INS for a competitive squad with 2 players for each positions. But that would be 14 signings altogether.
We've now signed Thomas and Archer.

LWB ✅
ST ✅

What else to improve the squad?

GK
CB
LCM
CAM
ST

Realistically we're not going to sign a GK or CB before the window closes.

We could do with at least one central midfielder - maybe two. A striker wouldn't go amiss given Brewster and Jebbison are both out long-term.

Realistically we're not going to sign a GK or CB before the window closes.

We could do with at least one central midfielder - maybe two. A striker wouldn't go amiss given Brewster and Jebbison are both out long-term.
I agree on the top bit I'm just being greedy in a simple world 😅

Guessing the midfielders your meaning an attacking one aswell?

Do we need 2 attacking mids more or 1 AM and 1 ST?

Berge, Ndiaye, McAtee weve lost and weve only signed Hamer in that position.

Ideally we need a couple of attacking midfielders

We’ve hundreds of strikers (mcburnie, Brewster, archer, traore. Jebbo, osula even marsh). We can sign another 10 but they won’t score if we don’t give them any service.

Unfortunately, I think(hope) we might get one AM in and that will be it. I can handle that given we essentially had to use another loan on a left back with injuries and larouci being raw and inexperienced.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we still fancy some centreback cover as we look light there. Maybe someone like tunzebe coukd be looked at again as a free agent addition.

Midfield options look poor atm but will look better if Davies and slimani get up to some form of fitness. Shame we have no real cash as Doyle / LOB could have rounded out the midfield options nicely and wouldn’t have broken the bank

Ideally we need a couple of attacking midfielders

We’ve hundreds of strikers (mcburnie, Brewster, archer, traore. Jebbo, osula even marsh). We can sign another 10 but they won’t score if we don’t give them any service.

Unfortunately, I think(hope) we might get one AM in and that will be it. I can handle that given we essentially had to use another loan on a left back with injuries and larouci being raw and inexperienced.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we still fancy some centreback cover as we look light there. Maybe someone like tunzebe coukd be looked at again as a free agent addition.

Midfield options look poor atm but will look better if Davies and slimani get up to some form of fitness. Shame we have no real cash as Doyle / LOB could have rounded out the midfield options nicely and wouldn’t have broken the bank
Hundreds of strikers two possibly three the rest injured or not to the level required - Doyle a 5 million pound steal for Wolves ( bet their relegation clause hasn't got a 40% reduction in it )

Think we desperately need someone on the left side. Souza-Norwood-Hamer seems to me like such an unbalanced midfield

Main CB to cover Egan, was it needed in the summer? Or we fine with Anel/Basham/Trusty/Robinson playing the JE role?

AM ✅

GK
CB
LCM
ST

Suppose we've got the JTW to look at these four positions 😉

Turns out it might have been a good idea to sign first team players in these positions. It's made even worse by the fact we sold a CM and ST before the season started, and started the season lacking players in both those positions.

We all knew we were well short when the transfer window closed. Fucking shambles.

100% need six in at least. Maybe a goalkeeper and cover for Egan if we want strength in depth. (This is including Berge leaving)

1x CM
1x DM

1x LCM
2x CAM

1x ST
1x GK
1x CB

We've brought in four already to key positions so our total INS should be 10 - 12 by September.

Trusty LCB
Larouci LWB
Slimane CM

Traore ST
Ones we brought in are class aren’t they 🤔

Back
Top Bottom