Positions still needed in this summer window?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
100% need six in at least. Maybe a goalkeeper and cover for Egan if we want strength in depth. (This is including Berge leaving)

1x CM
1x DM

1x LCM
2x CAM

1x ST
1x GK
1x CB

We've brought in four already to key positions so our total INS should be 10 - 12 by September.

Trusty LCB
Larouci LWB
Slimane CM

Traore ST

Very disappointed you didn't add the "outs".

Given that we still have 2 domestic loans to use and the names being linked with permanent transfers look promising, I would be happy prioritising these positions first and possibly covering other positions either at the end of the window or in January.

Positions we need to cover now, which I think we will.
CDM - Souza. Looks like it's on.
CM - O'Brien/Doyle. Either one of these 2 and I'd be happy.
CAM - Palmer/Mcatee. I think Palmer looks more likely out of the 2.
ST - Akpom. Best thing about this is that he can operate as a Striker and a No. 10 so he adds cover for 2 positions.

For me those are the positions that need sorting first and foremost before we start looking at other positions like backup GK or cover for Egan.
Below is a list of players I wouldn't mind seeing us go for.
GK - Cooper from Plymouth or Johannson from Rotherham.
CB cover - tough one this as I think we should have enough cover in defence but a free agent just for this season.
CM - if we could get another one in addition to O'Brien or Doyle I'd look at Hamer or that Travis from Blackburn.

Given that we still have 2 domestic loans to use and the names being linked with permanent transfers look promising, I would be happy prioritising these positions first and possibly covering other positions either at the end of the window or in January.

Positions we need to cover now, which I think we will.
CDM - Souza. Looks like it's on.
CM - O'Brien/Doyle. Either one of these 2 and I'd be happy.
CAM - Palmer/Mcatee. I think Palmer looks more likely out of the 2.
ST - Akpom. Best thing about this is that he can operate as a Striker and a No. 10 so he adds cover for 2 positions.

For me those are the positions that need sorting first and foremost before we start looking at other positions like backup GK or cover for Egan.
Below is a list of players I wouldn't mind seeing us go for.
GK - Cooper from Plymouth or Johannson from Rotherham.
CB cover - tough one this as I think we should have enough cover in defence but a free agent just for this season.
CM - if we could get another one in addition to O'Brien or Doyle I'd look at Hamer or that Travis from Blackburn.
CB/CM at the bottom both can potentially be covered by Tuanzebe and Massengo/Davies on frees so hopefully they will be filled at least

CB/CM at the bottom both can potentially be covered by Tuanzebe and Massengo/Davies on frees so hopefully they will be filled at least
True, don't know a lot about Massengo but would be happy with Davies, when I was putting that list together I wasn't really thinking about free agents for some of those positions but there are still some good deals to be had out there.

This is a good point because at the beginning of the window Heckingbotham said we'd be concentrating on loans and frees and we haven't signed anybody on a free yet. I suppose they'll all be waiting for the best offer they can get.

Massengo is an interesting one because he seems like a bit of a nob but if he wants to go somewhere he'll play regularly then we're probably the best place for him right now! Bristol City didn't pay £7m+ without seeing something in him did they.

This is a good point because at the beginning of the window Heckingbotham said we'd be concentrating on loans and frees and we haven't signed anybody on a free yet. I suppose they'll all be waiting for the best offer they can get.

Massengo is an interesting one because he seems like a bit of a nob but if he wants to go somewhere he'll play regularly then we're probably the best place for him right now! Bristol City didn't pay £7m+ without seeing something in him did they.
Interesting to think that we've only got one loan signing as well with 2 domestic loans still at our disposal, think we had 2 or 3 loans by this time last year didn't we.

A keeper is really important, I can't believe we've not been linked with any since Trafford went to Burnley.

Relying on Wes with no competent backup when he gets sent off/proves not good enough (maybe) is suicide.

Interesting to think that we've only got one loan signing as well with 2 domestic loans still at our disposal, think we had 2 or 3 loans by this time last year didn't we.
It's clear there's going to be a lot of activity before the end of August. Fingers crossed its not all too late by then.

Having said that, when last season ended I said I could take going back down provided were in a healthier position financially with a younger team and some players of value that are ours.

It's clear there's going to be a lot of activity before the end of August. Fingers crossed its not all too late by then.

Having said that, when last season ended I said I could take going back down provided were in a healthier position financially with a younger team and some players of value that are ours.
I keep seeing people say that you usually get the best loan deals (especially from premier league clubs) around this time because a lot of clubs have a clearer idea of which good prospects make the team and which ones go out on loan.

If Trusty is going to be our regular LCB then perhaps we may already have our LCM already at the club, Robbo! he already enjoys his foray's up field and when he makes his customary mistakes they might not be as damaging with him not in defence. I know he's not a midfielder at the moment but!

A keeper is really important, I can't believe we've not been linked with any since Trafford went to Burnley.

Relying on Wes with no competent backup when he gets sent off/proves not good enough (maybe) is suicide.
I'd be looking at Meslier if possible, i know he's made a few mistakes but this kid is going to be immense the more experience he gets.

Missionary, 69, cowgirl. Sorry miss read OP thought it said widow 😔

If Trusty is going to be our regular LCB then perhaps we may already have our LCM already at the club, Robbo! he already enjoys his foray's up field and when he makes his customary mistakes they might not be as damaging with him not in defence. I know he's not a midfielder at the moment but!
The day i see Jack Robinson playing in midfield is the day I'm giving up on football altogether.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I agree that what's been said about massengo makes him look arrogant, but turning down offers for regularly football is absolutely backing your ability, if we can get him on a long deal and he kicks on and vini we could have the base of the midfield sorted for most of the decade!

Whilst I don't like the idea of getting deals done late on deadline day I didn't realise we only had four games before it closed, then a two week international break. Man City being one and the other three we have a chance to gain points.

At least when it closes Hecky should have all his players in, then he has a couple of weeks to get em fit and training into his system before the restart.

Back
Top Bottom