CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's alright saying its only 2 points yada yada. It's enough to make us look like the shitshow that we are and it WILL come into the minds of players in the summer thinking which club to join or rejoin.
Exactly this. Agents and players will look at how the clubs been run and the bad publicity surrounding it and those in charge. How have we managed to fuck this all up so bad. I can’t believe a season ago we were celebrating promotion to prem and what the future might hold to months later bang bottom of championship un fucking real

Exactly this. Agents and players will look at how the clubs been run and the bad publicity surrounding it and those in charge. How have we managed to fuck this all up so bad. I can’t believe a season ago we were celebrating promotion to prem and what the future might hold to months later bang bottom of championship un fucking real
It didn’t stop McAtee coming back or the Brereton-Diaz loan being completed.

At 22:30 in his interview, Bettis says he is a boring accountant who had budgets for every eventuality. So presumably he had one for not paying transfer installments and taking the punishment at a later date, and this is no surprise to anyone?

I haven’t listened to the interview but would imagine it’s more spin

At 22:30 in his interview, Bettis says he is a boring accountant who had budgets for every eventuality. So presumably he had one for not paying transfer installments and taking the punishment at a later date, and this is no surprise to anyone?

The lack of payment to suppliers has already gone so it would be strange if he’s budgeting for it happening now.

We were cash strapped last season, you’d hope lessons have been learned and we don’t make the same mistakes again in the future. Once is just about forgivable, twice would indicate serious idiocy on behalf of those running the club,

The lack of payment to suppliers has already gone so it would be strange if he’s budgeting for it happening now.

We were cash strapped last season, you’d hope lessons have been learned and we don’t make the same mistakes again in the future. Once is just about forgivable, twice would indicate serious idiocy on behalf of those running the club,

Exactly. Lessons have to have been learned.

My hope is despite not wanting CW back at least he will try to push the club forward off the field even if he can't on the field.

Did you miss the bit that suggested it was unlikely? Again.
No. I simply noted what the club's accounts say.
Given the club's high quality management over the years it wouldn't be particularly surprising if we ultimately had to repay money if it was sourced illegally in the first place.

Hope to god pigs get relegated. Or else you know the sheer arrogance of them will come out about them being higher than us before a ball is kicked.

Is this the first time we've ever had a points deduction? If not, how many points in total including this have we had deducted?

you say i talk BS you could get a job with tories because for person thats talks alot youve said nothing. apart from deliberately misunderstand me. pretend im making no sense. while accusing me of dodging things when you havent answered a single question.

See the future? :) I’ve asked where your info comes from. Not mentioned the future. It now appears it’s a hypothetical post - but about the past - which was my obvious point.

it was always hypothetical considering we actually got promoted, dont know if youve noticed but weve played premier league football since august its been on tv & everything so not getting promoted didnt happen. you have to pretty thick to believe that. but from our conversations youve been running pretty low on brain power

because I know you have dementia so ill spell it out for you
Screenshot_20240412_151820_Samsung Internet.jpg

Managers will never admit the full truth they cant. he can say how close to wind we sailed last season. but when a manager says that money for promotion is vital for health of the club more is happening & is worse than we are lead to have been told. its calling reading between the lines. im dreadful at English & even i know that. you learn it in year 8. did you not go to secondary school

im not go to repeat myself as if your addled brain couldnt get it the 1st or 2nd time then it getting it the 3rd time. so answer this or fuck off back to ireland sean with all your leprechaun mates. as you are the font of all knowledge. without the premier league money. where was the money coming from this season to pay off our debts. because you would want to be seen dodging questions would you

Yeah and never been back down? Or did they go down last time we came up. So effectively they’ve got away with it until next time or does it expire?

Even in our case I’d accept the punishment on the season it happen instead of when we go down again
I think they got a measly fine of 5 million which was ridiculous having a Russian oligark owner.I could be wrong but I think that's what happened.
And yes it stinks!!!

No. I simply noted what the club's accounts say.
Given the club's high quality management over the years it wouldn't be particularly surprising if we ultimately had to repay money if it was sourced illegally in the first place.
The word you are looking for is yes. Otherwise you would have commented on the legal advice. Pathetic as usual.

IMG_0640.png

you say i talk BS you could get a job with tories because for person thats talks alot youve said nothing. apart from deliberately misunderstand me. pretend im making no sense. while accusing me of dodging things when you havent answered a single question.

it was always hypothetical considering we actually got promoted, dont know if youve noticed but weve played premier league football since august its been on tv & everything so not getting promoted didnt happen. you have to pretty thick to believe that. but from our conversations youve been running pretty low on brain power

View attachment 181979

Managers will never admit the full truth they cant. he can say how close to wind we sailed last season. but when a manager says that money for promotion is vital for health of the club more is happening & is worse than we are lead to have been told. its calling reading between the lines. im dreadful at English & even i know that. you learn it in year 8. did you not go to secondary school

im not go to repeat myself as if your addled brain couldnt get it the 1st or 2nd time then it getting it the 3rd time. so answer this or fuck off back to ireland sean with all your leprechaun mates. as you are the font of all knowledge. without the premier league money. where was the money coming from this season to pay off our debts. because you would want to be seen dodging questions would you

Easy Tiger :)

I asked one simple question which you originally put down to a previous manager then back-pedalled. Now you’ve had some sort of breakdown with that rant.

Reading between the lines, you make stuff up.

I don't think there'll be a huge amount of financial trouble next season (as far as I'm aware the club hasn't taken on any more substantial debt this year). The cost base is significantly lower than it was in 21/22 or 22/23 and there isn't a long list of 'toxic' contracts. You would also hope that any permanent signings we do make are coming in at a lower wage than if we'd signed them as a PL club. At a guess, it'll be a wage bill not too dissimilar to 18/19 (pre promotion bonuses). SO about £25-30m.

The issue for any club in the Championship who don't have an owner who can foot 8 figures an accounting period or are still receiving parachute payments is income < expenditure if you want to remain competitive

Clock is ticking as soon as this season ends. 24 months to get promoted again or sell up

In curiosity how many other clubs have been deducted points for the same issue as us?

Nearly every club is struggling/losing money unless they're a top PL club or have a billionaire owner. So surely missing payment dates is common for alot of clubs?
The EFL will always have a get out here because no 2 clubs will have exactly the same issue. They can always hide behind that.

Clearly an FFP breach like the pigs now has a precedent of 6 points plus 6 points suspended.

Failing to pay footballing creditors to the extent we did is now 2 points and 2 suspended.

The thing in our case is that it seems we didn’t pay them for a sustained period and we got promoted as a result. That is a pretty unique scenario.

The EFL will always have a get out here because no 2 clubs will have exactly the same issue. They can always hide behind that.

Clearly an FFP breach like the pigs now has a precedent of 6 points plus 6 points suspended.

Failing to pay footballing creditors to the extent we did is now 2 points and 2 suspended.

The thing in our case is that it seems we didn’t pay them for a sustained period and we got promoted as a result. That is a pretty unique scenario.
Cheers HB mate, a decent reply, makes sense to me 👍

Failing to pay footballing creditors is probably at least 4+4 but because we pled guilty and were remorseful (arf) our punishment was reduced.

View attachment 181979

What sometimes happens is those who comment from within the club hold counsel as they are very aware they would lose their jobs. When Hecky got the job people argued he was a yes man and he would just spout the Prince’s line but as time went on he became more vocal due to his experience of the prince. Just as Chris had done previously surprisingly. Chris goes back to what was clearly toxic at the end and any criticism of the prince has gone. I have no access to the books, i can’t comment on every incoming or outgoing but what i said is the prince stopped paying for anything. I said he got 10 mil or even more. I can’t say about what’s in the books but often what is in the books is not what really goes on in reality at this point i get everyone shouting (i need a solicitor). Alternatively we can accept everything that comes out of the club and say how this accountant was always on his game and how the prince managed to explain why chris left the club without the man in question responded despite slating him during the last 6 months of his tenure. It appears that chris is now doing his bidding (but I suppose you can't bite the hand that feeds you)

Full decision here

Snippets...
United missed payments of...
(a) £1,000,000, £750,000 and £3,750,000 due to Club 1 under a permanent transferagreement for Player A - has to be Brewster
(b) EUR 2,000,000 due to Club 2 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player B - has to be Ahmedhodzic (half of €4m fee)
(c) £143,546.28 due to Club 3 in respect of the loan of Player C - probably Khadra, figure so exact that it must include penalty clauses
(d) £62,500 due to Club 4 in respect of the loan of Player D - Clark?
(e) EUR 900,000 due to Club 5 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player E - I assume that with the currency being Euros this can only be Berge

Cheers Prince
FFS we're like the dodgy mate or family member that's always on the cadge but everyone avoids them cos he never pays you back.
Why would anyone do business with Del Trotter FC?????

Back
Top Bottom