CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's played 75 games for us (according to Wikipedia). I wouldn't be at all surprised if we agreed to an extra payment at say 50 appearances, an extra payment for as little as 5 goals would be ridiculous, but I wouldn't be that surprised if we'd agreed to something that stupid.

Brewster deal was £18million (£3m a season for five years) plus £5m of possible ad-ons (based on appearances, goals, International call-ups etc).

Then they should have given us a 2 point deduction last season then.
This is what I don’t get. Point deductions just take so long, get them dished out that season.

Actually think it’s a strange one when we had an embargo placed and lifted because we paid our debts, but we get a deduction applied later when we return.

What if, we’d not been relegated for several years, got a new owner would it apply then?

This whole system needs to be joined up. And at least applied the following season regardless of competition. Otherwise it’s just a mockery

That when the prince decided to save our season when said players had been touted around for sale before Christmas before a sudden change of events when our saviour decided to keep said players (all hail PA)
All we know as a fact is that we didn’t sell them ( at that point). That outcome almost certainly enabled our promotion, which turns out to have been crucial in preventing an even worse financial situation than that in which we are in.
As far as I am aware, none of us know the facts behind this decision - just speculation and rumour.

Because of this fiasco, at exactly 3pm on 10th August, 2024, Sheffield Wednesday will - in all likelihood - actually be above our standing in the league for the first time since 5th August, 2017.

What a time to be alive.
Probably for all of 90 minutes. Disaster.
I’ve been alive for a lot of time when Wednesday have been above us and, while it’s a minor irritant, it’s hardly the end of the world.
Cheer up!

Which manager said administration was a real possibility? Your link doesn’t mention administration. You did. Again, why were we near ? Bettis rubbished it.

I understand the difference btw. Clearly more than you do. At what stage was the owner ready to put us into admin and

stephen bettis said that reason for lack of spending pre ndiaye & berge. was because most of pl money was budgeted for paying off debts. so if we don't go up how else do we fill the 80m -100m hole.

Last edited:
ok. so stephen bettis said that reason for lack of spending pre ndiaye & berge. was because most of pl money was budgeted for paying off debts. so if we don't go up how else do we fill the 80m -100m hole.

Why not answer my question about your administration claim?

Has anyone else realised that if the add ons for Brewster are true.......
.we can't play him next season...can't afford to..forward line looks even more threadbare

Why not answer my question about your administration claim?
no manager is going to bluntly say administration

but we couldnt afford undersoil heating, we werent paying bills, we were stretching every pound. all we needed was not paying wages & we have full house on the bingo card. hecky knows more than he's letting on & him saying it's vital for health of the club, isnt good news. because he didn't know where the money was coming from either

Has a team in the Premiership ever had this situation before? I can’t think of any team to ever had a points deduction for when they’re relegated.

Supposedly Villa were in trouble with EFL for massively overspending but even they don’t have this situation.
Non spring to mind

no manager is going to bluntly say administration

but we couldnt afford undersoil heating, we werent paying bills, we were stretching every pound. all we needed was not paying wages & we have full house on the bingo card. hecky knows more than he's letting on & him saying it's vital for health of the club, isnt good news. because he didn't know where the money was coming from either
You said one did. Now you’re saying he didn’t :) ( but he could have :) ) Who said it then? Where did you get it from to post in one of your twenty paragraphs of fantasy, ifs and maybes posts?

Has anyone else realised that if the add ons for Brewster are true.......
.we can't play him next season...can't afford to..forward line looks even more threadbare
I’m yet to see a single credible source about these add ons.

Where has this rumour even come from?

Maybe if Dozy hadn't paid the 10 million deposit, then PA would not have agreed to the new Desso pitches at the training ground.
Maybe he would have sold Berge in the January transfer window.

Who knows.

Imagine the increased costs to the club from the cost of living crisis, increased energy costs and increased interest on the bank loans.

Though when you consider that 3 seasons in the PL have produced around half a billion pounds in revenue...........

Disgraceful Mr Prince

Most of these reactions are wildly exaggerated and hyperbolic. We have known for years that the Prince does not have the funds of most other vanity one-man show owners.

Our moral radar in this is actually ok in my book. We were in deep shit, so had to plot our way out.

Most of the whiter than white guys who now scream our reputation is besmirched seem guys that normally moan about never „speculating to accumulate“ or being a joke for spending Pennies in the Prem.

By doing what he did, the Prince speculated to accumulate. We got up to the Prem with players we kept rather than pay clubs like Liverpool who frankly don’t need to moan as they constantly plot to fuck up financial and sporting fairness for anyone else but their five or six other super rich selfish buddies.

Yes, delaying payments is not the way to do things in a perfect world, but if your mortgage is under water, your dad is almost certain to die in July and you are the only child and heir of his millions, do you let the family home go in January or stretch payments to some well-off creditors?

And as we knew we were in the wrong, we show the class and honor of honest men with a minimum moral radar in accepting our fair dosage of medicine by cooperating and accepting the just fine, rather than grovel and weasel like Everton, Forest or Leicester.

If I was in the boardroom on the limited facts I know, I would have been fine with how we handled a shitty situation.

His main stick to be beaten with: choice of future owners. That one he got badly wrong twice. Can’t really blame a guy for lack of funds…

Most of these reactions are wildly exaggerated and hyperbolic. We have known for years that the Prince does not have the funds of most other vanity one-man show owners.

Our moral radar in this is actually ok in my book. We were in deep shit, so had to plot our way out.

Most of the whiter than white guys who now scream our reputation is besmirched seem guys that normally moan about never „speculating to accumulate“ or being a joke for spending Pennies in the Prem.

By doing what he did, the Prince speculated to accumulate. We got up to the Prem with players we kept rather than pay clubs like Liverpool who frankly don’t need to moan as they constantly plot to fuck up financial and sporting fairness for anyone else but their five or six other super rich selfish buddies.

Yes, delaying payments is not the way to do things in a perfect world, but if your mortgage is under water, your dad is almost certain to die in July and you are the only child and heir of his millions, do you let the family home go in January or stretch payments to some well-off creditors?

And as we knew we were in the wrong, we show the class and honor of honest men with a minimum moral radar in accepting our fair dosage of medicine by cooperating and accepting the just fine, rather than grovel and weasel like Everton, Forest or Leicester.

If I was in the boardroom on the limited facts I know, I would have been fine with how we handled a shitty situation.

His main stick to be beaten with: choice of future owners. That one he got badly wrong twice. Can’t really blame a guy for lack of funds…
🤪

Maybe if Dozy hadn't paid the 10 million deposit, then PA would not have agreed to the new Desso pitches at the training ground.
Maybe he would have sold Berge in the January transfer window.

Who knows.

Imagine the increased costs to the club from the cost of living crisis, increased energy costs and increased interest on the bank loans.

Though when you consider that 3 seasons in the PL have produced around half a billion pounds in revenue...........
Over the five year period yes, but we don’t know the current years financial dealings and for the first year in the PL we had to cover the previous promotion bonuses. I get the shit show comments for obvious reasons but the “weers Munneh” comments are a joke. It’s been explained every time a set of accounts have been released where it’s gone but with no reasoning or evidence people still claim it’s gone elsewhere. Yet these financial titans of industry who know this can’t understand a set of accounts.

Has anyone reported that the Prince actually lied on one of his spin sessions sure he said it was only about one player?
Don’t understand why people have a problem with the Prince ?

We wanted him to release funds to establish us in the PL and he did !

The fact it didn’t work out isn’t down to him but the people who spent the money .

The fact that he then didn’t pay the money we said we would pay when it all went tits up is incidental as is non payment to almost everyone else

Stop blaming prince - he’s depressed
He didn't release any funds until after Ndiaye and Berge were sold. Up until then we had only signed Trusty, Traore, Larouci and Slimane. Even then he only released the Ndiaye/Berge money. Where was the alleged £20mil war chest as the figures allegedly paid for the other four didn't even come close to £20mil?
I was talking about the first season back

Because of this fiasco, at exactly 3pm on 10th August, 2024, Sheffield Wednesday will - in all likelihood - actually be above our standing in the league for the first time since 5th August, 2017.

What a time to be alive.
Unless of course our first game is brought forward to Friday evening for TV coverage.

(a) £1,000,000, £750,000 and £3,750,000 due to Club 1 under a permanent transferagreement for Player A

£3.75M is 1/6th of £22.5M, so that makes sense as an installment of the transfer fee for Brewster. Could the other 2 payments could be related to appearance & goals? Brewster scored his 5th goal for us last season (4 league, 1 cup), that could have triggered payment, as could playing 50 games which he also reached last season.

Just speculation, but if those are conditional installments are we now at the point where it would be better not playing him if it prevents us triggering any further installments (and letting him leave for free in the summer just to get him off the wage bill).

Six years?
£3.75m is 20% of £18.75m. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the guaranteed transfer fee for Brewster paid in five instalments at the start of each season of his contract. The irony of Brewster being now responsible for a two point deduction as well as not being able to make a positive impact on the pitch is sadly amusing.

1712911657634.png
All hail the prince

Dan starts off well but then he tails off badly.

Got a points deduction (technically not yet) but...✅
Had a transfer embargo ✅
Agreed to sell to two fraudsters (technically one is only accused) but...✅
Sold our best player for less than his value... ✅ (but under duress)
Sold our second best player for half of what we paid for him ❌ Berge went for 3/4 of what we paid for him with a year left on his contract. We then signed Hamer for 3/4 of what we got for Berge which, given the circumstances, is a pretty good outcome
Overseen the two worst teams in Premier League history ❌ Nope, that would be Derby and Sunderland. We'll be joint-third worst with Huddersfield if we lose our next 7

Back
Top Bottom