Playoff tickets, First Leg

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are you really that thick? There are around 2000 less seats available to home fans for this game than there was for the Fulham game.
Yes and there's still loads left so it probably won't sell out so explain how anyone misses out, anyone can buy tickets now, nobody is missing out but yes I'm obviously thick.

Now a wait on hold on a phone is too much for people.
Totally agree. And the ticket office number is just a local call number, not premium rate thankfully.
You don't even need to have the phone glued to your ear all the while. Just put it on speaker and do something else like a sudoku or watch TV.

Yes and there's still loads left so it probably won't sell out so explain how anyone misses out, anyone can buy tickets now, nobody is missing out but yes I'm obviously thick.

I don’t think there are loads left but no one seems to be poasting on here desperate for tickets.

The game being on Sky will also affect this mythical missing 2000.

The ticketing shambles affects the reduced capacity rather than a bun fight for tickets.

The whole 'fuck it, fuck the club, I'll watch it at home' is a daft mentality.

If you can't get a ticket through the online system and can't be arsed to try alternative methods, that's on you.

Granted, there will be some that can't get one online because of actual problems with their accounts, that definitely sucks (you could have ensured your account is up to date before now), however I'd imagine a big chunk of the issues are user driven.

I remember queuing up for hours before the ticket office was even open to try and secure tickets ~20 years ago.
Now a wait on hold on a phone is too much for people.
I'd add to that, that if people don't sort out whatever issues exist with their online account by ringing up or visiting the ticket office now when it is relatively quiet then that might prove to be a mistake IF we make it through to the final. Despite the poor decision made on away allocation / season ticket relocation for this game the staff in the ticket office are usually good at resolving issues promptly.

As the saying goes " Theres none so blind as those that can't see"

You would have thought this fool would have gone to ground after yesterdays widely inaccurate article. Yet here he is again to-day quoting that there were 3,000 tickets left for sale yesterday morning. No there wasn't it was 300 available online - memo check article for typo!! 700 more were freed up yesterday afternoon for the first time. Now 450 left.

As the saying goes " Theres none so blind as those that can't see"

You would have thought this fool would have gone to ground after yesterdays widely inaccurate article. Yet here he is again to-day quoting that there were 3,000 tickets left for sale yesterday morning. No there wasn't it was 300 available online - memo check article for typo!! 700 more were freed up yesterday afternoon for the first time. Now 450 left.

Top Sports dog at the Star as well.

Will be surprising and disappointing if we don’t sell out. I know the online ticket process has been a bit shambolic but it doesn’t explain not selling out for such a big game. Plenty of seats together too.

I've tested again and can purchase online no problem albeit I can't get to UK for Satdi. Clicked purchase, referred to card issuer to authorise and I declined that. Tested then to add family member, no issue. I think many with issues is down to unfamiliarity of what to do and appreciate it will be extremely frustrating. Potential other issues, straight decline and no bank msg to contact them as incorrect contact number(s) held. Card settings set to decline online purchases as people change all this without remembering sometimes. That's my view and good luck to all as still a reasonable few left on BLLT after I scooted around. Maybe c400 ish.

We'll need a lead to take to the City Ground.

Can see this going like the Sunderland v Sheff Wed game.

1st leg at the Lane
...cagey nervous 1st half from both teams
2nd half United (and the crowd) step it up....we go 1-0 up.....threaten to score more
Then in last 10 minutes we sit back settling for the 1-0 lead whilst Forest have us pinned back trying to equalise.

2nd leg at the City Ground
We take a 1-0 lead to Nottingham and pre-match both clubs are fairly happy.
We pack our defence.....let Forest have all the ball....but do a number of them giving them no space.
Think it will be either 0-0 or 1-1 in the 2nd leg and we go through to Wembley to play Huddersfield to gain our revenge.

I’m not disagreeing it’s a balls up , but throwing the towel in and going the boozer to watch it seems a bit extreme.Your choice though I guess.

I'd largely agree with the second bit with a few exceptions.

I was lucky enough to get on the row behind my season ticket and didn't have any problems booking online. Social media suggests loads did though unfortunately.

I've said enough about the allocation and Forest arrangement cock up.

I think many with issues is down to unfamiliarity of what to do

I mean with a season ticket I get you don't need to buy for league games, but if nobody's bought a cup ticket or an away ticket, then that's shocking.

Oh wait, it's probably the same crybabies that don't turn up for cup games "because the Kop is closed" and only show up for away tickets when in the Premier League

Some fans most definitely will not be attending by reason of not being able to sit in their season ticket seat. My father, who has been going to the Lane for 62 years, took his bat and ball home when he tried to get his seat in the South Stand on Sunday, only to find that it had gone.

Supporting a club as chronically under-achieving as Sheffield United is as much about the ritual of the whole day - attending with your friends and/or family in the same tradition as you have for decades before, as anything else. If that gets messed with, I can perfectly understand why any fan wouldn’t want - as an alternative - to go and sit on the Lane end lower tier which is an area of the ground that United fans have never been keen to go on largely because it’s a poor view.

I myself was fortunate enough to get my season ticket seat but, I’m bound to say, attendance at Saturday’s match is already diminished for me. I’ll be the only one of 3 season ticket holders in the family, who will be there.

Their season ticket is finished, it finished last Saturday.
It doesn't excuse the absolute balls up United have made of all of this, but even if they hadn't dropped a bollock, no fans have the right to the same seat they've been sat in all season because the season has finished. They've paid for 23 home games and they've had them.
I could have bought any seat in the stadium whether it was a season ticket holders or not.

If you usually go, and you want to go, get down on the lower tier, make some noise, and frighten Forests goalkeeper to death

Their season ticket is finished, it finished last Saturday.
It doesn't excuse the absolute balls up United have made of all of this, but even if they hadn't dropped a bollock, no fans have the right to the same seat they've been sat in all season because the season has finished. They've paid for 23 home games and they've had them.
I could have bought any seat in the stadium whether it was a season ticket holders or not.

Whilst this is true, other clubs have managed to offer fans their season ticket seat for the play offs.

On a personal level, this isn't a gripe for me.

I mean with a season ticket I get you don't need to buy for league games, but if nobody's bought a cup ticket or an away ticket, then that's shocking.

Oh wait, it's probably the same crybabies that don't turn up for cup games "because the Kop is closed" and only show up for away tickets when in the Premier League
I'm not sure how to take your reply. I am not ST holder so familiar with how to book my tickets and appreciate when attempting a new venture there will be difficulties. All said, I understand ST's pissed offness at what has happened and once again the website could do with being more user friendly. Sure this will be under constant review from feedback.

There aren't loads left. There are just under 400 left on the BLLT. The rest of the ground is basically sold out with only a couple of dozen restricted view seats available on the kop.

Whilst this is true, other clubs have managed to offer fans their season ticket seat for the play offs.

On a personal level, this isn't a gripe for me.

I'm sure it's true, but other clubs aren't retarded, they've kept their ticket process exactly the same as any other game because they took 5 seconds to read the ticketing rules.
People constantly slag me off on here because they know I am right, they just don't like anyone that actually says it.
If the club was human it would be wobbling about on the street, a special needs case barely able to talk, and have snot marks on their sleeves.

I'm not going. I'm part of the problem.
That said, my Easyjet app is primed and ready for circa 10pm next Tuesday night...

Alot worse views in the ground than Bllt. Just behind and above the goal and nice and close, iam really looking forward to it myself.

Back
Top Bottom