Players we should be looking to bring in this summer.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Who do you want to see us going for??
We need 4 or 5 players to come in in my eyes, we also need 5 or 6 to go out, but who should we be looking at in your opinion???

We need 4 or 5 players to come in in my eyes, we also need 5 or 6 to go out, but who should we be looking at in your opinion???
Bazza Banana. Did I see that shot tonight? Shit, what a goal.

Summer signings ? Are you having a laugh… the owners signalled their intent months ago
Hecky and Bettis literally said the other day, "all recruitment will be concentrated around the first team", so, and I'm only guessing, we might see one or two signings??
As I say, just a guess.

Lucas Joao is better than any striker we have.

We won't get anywhere near what they would want for him imho

If it involves a fee nobody will be coming
If it involves competing with other Championship clubs wages, nobody will be coming

Get used to it, League One beckons.

And fifty years from now there will be some sorry excuse for a fan starting a new thread on here called "League One, our level?"

I'm pretty sure we won't be shopping in the Lawrence or João aisles.

If we're lucky, we'll sell Berge and be able to move a few out on loan again. Then maybe bring in a couple of loans and a few young signings and free transfers.

As it stands:

Wes
RND
Stevens
Lowe (Forest)
Egan
Bogle (possibly sold)
Baldock
Fleck
Norwood
Berge (sold)
Ndiaye
Brewster
Burke
Jebbison

Maybe Sharp and Bash get another year.

We will struggle to get rid of anyone we'd actually want to, Berge aside.

Last edited:
i hope we go for young lower league players, Scott Twine of MK Dons up front, Luke Mcnally and Paudie O’connor 2x Irish CB’s from the league one/two. Antony Evans Centre mid who’s done well in League Two with 8x assists and 8 goals

All players under 25 who’ve done well in the leagues below

Twine, Cashin, Gyokeres, Swift would all be on my summer wishlist.

Never gonna happen like but would be nice

I think we will need to spend a bit of time researching League One for recruitment.

Swift, Wallace, Lawrence, Rothwell are the obvious out of contract picks but will they squeeze a gig higher up? Or will we have appetite for these top end players?

I'd like us to go for Ilias Sebaoui from Beerschot as a replacement for Gibbs-White.

I'm sure PurpleRain won't thank me for this sentiment but he really would be wasted in the Belgium 1B. On one hand he would help Beerschot immeasurably at that level but on the other he deserves to be playing higher. It would be a pity kf he went to another Belgium team as this would just be self defeating - aim to get back up and compete but immediately strengthen a future rival. I wouldn't entertain that at all.

I like this kid. He's got maturity beyond his years and a big game temperament. We could even possibly swap for Coulibaly if Hecky is not convinced. I'm sure Beerschot would see him being a player who could get them back up if fully fit.

alot of people are saying Joao but if he was that good why is he still at relegation battling Reading. & has only scored 6 goals in the last 12 months
He’s been injured for most of the season. 5 goals in 11 games this year, 19 in 39 last year.

Reading pay astronomical wages, which I suspect is one of the reasons he’s still there.

Back
Top Bottom