Players that need to be moved on

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Diego De Girolamo HAS to be given a proper run-out at some point. Granted, his attitude and work-rate haven't always been brilliant but he can be a great asset if used right. Maybe Adkins can get the best out of him.

Surely it's up to DDG to merit the proper run-out? Players have to earn selection in professional football. It's the real thing, not an introductory trial.

Northampton gave him a run of ten games.... they haven't called in a while...

Why HAS he?
Calvert-Lewin has shown more in pre season, and Adams is moving to a level Diego is miles from at the moment.

The answer is that he hasn't, of course! Like all other players, old or young; black or white; Bladey or Non-Bladey, it's up to him to give the manager no choice to pick him by sheer weight of excellence in training and the u-21s. In that sense, all the players are "given a run".

As to the first-team. That's the business end. I want wins and points, not trials and experiments!

It may take 2-3 windows to move them all on and I wouldn't expect them to be without better replacements lined up, but I don't think the following are or ever will be good enough - both for the quality NA is targetting currently and particularly where he is aiming for:

- Howard
- Long
- Alcock
- Harris
- McFazdean
- Collins
- McEveley
- Flynn
- Scougall
- McNulty

In addition, I'd prefer for those younger members of the squad unlikely to get much 1st team action to be loaned out to L1 & 2 clubs to gain experience and ensure match fitness.
Total rubbish!

In my opinion we do have too many in our squad but...bizarrely....too few in some positions....the balance of the squad needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. To do that will require a number of players being sent out on loan or being sold....to ignore the implications and restrictions placed on the club under FFP is just plain daft.

Surely it's up to DDG to merit the proper run-out? Players have to earn selection in professional football. It's the real thing, not an introductory trial.

Northampton gave him a run of ten games.... they haven't called in a while...

I can understand your point. I just think that at the time he wasn't really wanted by Clough because he was the sort of bloke who if he didn't like the look of you, you'd be frozen out. DDG probably developed a bad attitude at being palmed off to the lower league with Northampton and York. Adkins is a different character, a more positive one. If DDG gets that opportunity to prove himself, he'll thrive, the talent is there, he just needs the chance to apply it.

[
I can understand your point. I just think that at the time he wasn't really wanted by Clough because he was the sort of bloke who if he didn't like the look of you, you'd be frozen out. DDG probably developed a bad attitude at being palmed off to the lower league with Northampton and York. Adkins is a different character, a more positive one. If DDG gets that opportunity to prove himself, he'll thrive, the talent is there, he just needs the chance to apply it.

Looking at it slightly differently if DDG proves that the talent he showed before his injury is still there and he has the character to apply it, he will get the chance. Just like all the rest of the players at the club who the manager has said he will give every chance to to earn a place in the first team/ squad.

[

Looking at it slightly differently if DDG proves that the talent he showed before his injury is still there and he has the character to apply it, he will get the chance. Just like all the rest of the players at the club who the manager has said he will give every chance to to earn a place in the first team/ squad.

I agree, if Adkins gives him a shot then it's on him to make the most of it. If his attitude is right then it should work out well.

[

To prove he has the talent he needs the chance in the first place surely

The anti-Flynn brigade on here is weird. He was one of our better players last season, was regularly one of the higher rated players on the boards ratings even when he was only a ten minute sub, yet loads of people want to ship him out. With Brayford injured, he's worth keeping for right back cover at the very least. Scougall was dire against Hull, can't take a corner to save his life and is terrible whenever he plays on either wing. Ditching Flynn and JCR to plays Scougs out of position would be absolute madness. I wouldn't get rid of Scougall either, but he is definitely not a wide player.

To prove he has the talent he needs the chance in the first place surely

The u-21s have a series of fixtures and he is allowed to train every day...

"Giving everyone a chance" is a Kids Sunday League concept, so as not to annoy the parents....

Oh....hang on......

The anti-Flynn brigade on here is weird. He was one of our better players last season, was regularly one of the higher rated players on the boards ratings even when he was only a ten minute sub, yet loads of people want to ship him out. With Brayford injured, he's worth keeping for right back cover at the very least. Scougall was dire against Hull, can't take a corner to save his life and is terrible whenever he plays on either wing. Ditching Flynn and JCR to plays Scougs out of position would be absolute madness. I wouldn't get rid of Scougall either, but he is definitely not a wide player.

I agree about Flynn and Scoogs. Flynny looked very much at home as a full-back. Scoogs is a central midfielder. I don't think he's going to be a starter at the moment, though. He may be very useful running at tired defenders in the last quarter.

Goal Keepers:
Howard, Long (George Willis)

Right Back: Brayford,
Freeman

Left back:
Harris, McFadzean

Centre halves:
Collins, McEveley, Kennedy (McGahey)

Wide Mid:
Murphy, Flynn, Woolford, Campbell-Ryce, (Adams, Khan)

Centre Mid;
Basham, Wallace, Coutts (Reed, Dimaio)

Attacking Mid;
Baxter, Scougall

Centre Forward:
Sharp, Sammon, Done, Higdon, McNulty (Calvert-Lewin, De Girolamo)

Alcock & Cuvelier are also currently injured.

and I have highlighted those which are currently injured.

which leaves us unbearible short at the back, and on the wing (Adams is a forward for me not a winger)

So do we have a bloated squad or don't we? We need to have suitable cover and I think having 10 or so players who can play comfortably on the wing is more than sufficient (the six above, plus McFadzean, Scougall, Baxter, Coutts and even Diego & Done) and that we cannot be described as being "unbearible" (sic) short in that position. As regards centre halves, I agree entirely, as per my original post.

Back
Top Bottom