Player of the year evening

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Winners...

Goal of the season - Ryan Flynn v. Aston Villa
Achievement of the Year - Chris Morgan
Community player of the year - Michael Doyle
Young player of the year - Connor Dimaio
Player of the year - Harry Maguire

For service to the club - been here over 10 years now

Oh dear...oh dear.

That certainly beats Nigel's achievement, doesn't it? Parochial S2 Claptrap. It doesn't surprise me, I'm afraid.

Surely Maguire should be young player of the year as well, or has he stopped being counted as 'young'?. Only fair on the others I suppose, though.

Well done to all the lads anyway.

Foxy when do the player ratings close for the Coventry match? Interested to see what you do with all the season's stats once they're in.

Could send the s24su player of the year a t-shirt. :D

Oh dear...oh dear.

That certainly beats Nigel's achievement, doesn't it? Parochial S2 Claptrap. It doesn't surprise me, I'm afraid.
Nigel is often seen discussing tactics with Chris near the dugout during matches so it shows that Nigel values Chris highly as a coach and as a vital part of the backroom staff. I trust Nigel's judgement, not yours!

Nigel is often seen discussing tactics with Chris near the dugout during matches so it shows that Nigel values Chris highly as a coach and as a vital part of the backroom staff. I trust Nigel's judgement, not yours!

Agreed. Clough clearly trusts Morgan as he's had the same coaching team for a long, long time, but has kept Morgan on. The same goes for HRH and the other management team who appear to rate Morgan highly and recognise his value.

Notwithstanding this, and at the risk of sounding terribly parochial (sic) CM is actually quite an intelligent and articulate chap, seems very popular amongst the players and loves the club. Clearly an asset to SUFC.

Oh dear...oh dear.

Would be a fairly soulless club if we couldn't acknowledge the services of someone who has given great service on and off the pitch over the last decade.

Giving some recognition to Chris Morgan is way behind Manchester United trying to force Ryan Giggs onto the coaching team of whoever takes over at Old Trafford. That's just red devilly-devilness.

Well done Morgs and well deserved.

Foxy says Morgan's award was for "achievement of the year" - this "football year" just gone

Only the narrowest minded, Bladiest Bladey Blade Blade could possibly think that anyone but Nigel Clough merits that award.

Then again, most of you Hoofers would rather have "Good old Morgs" as manager with Chris "Nonentity" Wilder as his assistant. Never mind ability, they're Blades and that's all that matters.

Notwithstanding this, and at the risk of sounding terribly parochial (sic) CM is actually quite an intelligent and articulate chap, seems very popular amongst the players and loves the club. Clearly an asset to SUFC.

Outside Pinchyworld, it's quite acceptable to not hate everything from within, or associated with our own club's past.

UTB

Foxy says Morgan's award was for "achievement of the year" - this "football year" just gone

Only the narrowest minded, Bladiest Bladey Blade Blade could possibly think that anyone but Nigel Clough merits that award.

Then again, most of you Hoofers would rather have "Good old Morgs" as manager with Chris "Nonentity" Wilder as his assistant. Never mind ability, they're Blades and that's all that matters.

You loved the king of anti-football - Weir. You should just keep quiet. :)

UTB

Sort of agree that surely it needs to be a lifetime achievement award of some sort for Chris.

Achievement of the year? Not sure about that if I am honest.

Well done to all of them anyway as they all contributed to the turn around in form.

Sort of agree that surely it needs to be a lifetime achievement award of some sort for Chris.

Achievement of the year? Not sure about that if I am honest.

Well done to all of them anyway as they all contributed to the turn around in form.
They also contributed to us been down there in the first place.

They also contributed to us been down there in the first place.
I don't think we should really question Morgan receiving this award, the decision for this award to be given to Morgan has come from people within the club that know what he does on a day to day basis. Weir cast Morgan out and allowed him to have no involvement with the first team squad, Morgan has been a great servant to the club and the club therefore feel it is necessary to make him aware his hard work is appreciated. For me its a congratulations to a true blade that is always with us through thick and thin.

I don't think we should really question Morgan receiving this award, the decision for this award to be given to Morgan has come from people within the club that know what he does on a day to day basis. Weir cast Morgan out and allowed him to have no involvement with the first team squad, Morgan has been a great servant to the club and the club therefore feel it is necessary to make him aware his hard work is appreciated. For me its a congratulations to a true blade that is always with us through thick and thin.

It also seems to be something of a tacit apology for stiffing him with caretaker manager duties twice while the team was imploding. :)

:D

No qualms about morgan getting A award ross,i was merely pointing out that the team who contributed to our turnaround was also the team that got us in that mess.
As for morgs,he's an absolute top bloke but as overs have elluded too,achievement of the year award is a bit of a strange one

Does anyone know what the age limit is for Young Player? My mate said Scougall should have won it (I said he was too old) as Bale won PFA Young Player at 23.

Ah, four whole posts before Pinchy's utter contempt for anyone ever connected to United rears its ugly head!

Well done to all the winners. What has Doyle done, specifically? Just asking, not accusing him of not deserving it!

Back
Top Bottom