Play off dates?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silverfox

Reaction score
Anyone know the potential play off dates in May?

If i remember right it's decided when they know which teams are in and agree dates.

Not easy to book a short break when you could miss the matches!

Could get cheap flights too!

:(

Apparently Sky have the rights and there's already a few Premiership matches scheduled to be on... so the play offs are all over the place.

Sky are giving the dates as any time between 8th and 17th May. Will see if I can track them down.

EDIT: A Reading forum is giving them as:

1st Legs

Sat 9th May - 17.15
6th placed team at home versus
3rd placed team

Sun 10th May - 11.30
5th placed team at home versus
4th placed team

2nd Legs

Tues 12th May - 19.45
3rd placed team at home versus
6th placed team

Wed 13th May - 19.45
4th placed team at home versus
5th placed team

Final

Mon 25th May - 15.00
Wembley Stadium

Obviously... these are still provisional.

That's what was posted on BU too.... final is definitely on the Monday, that's confirmed on FL website.

I hope they're right, 'cos then we miss none with our holiday :D

1st Legs

Sat 9th May - 17.15
3rd placed team

Sun 10th May - 11.30
4th placed team

2nd Legs

Tues 12th May - 19.45
6th placed team

Wed 13th May - 19.45
5th placed team

Final

Mon 25th May - 15.00
Wembley Stadium

Still provisional, but they've changed:

1st Legs

Friday 8th May - 19:45
3rd placed team

Sat 9th May - 17.20
4th placed team

2nd Legs

Mon 11th May - 19:45
6th placed team

Tues 12th May - 19.45
5th placed team

Interestingly, they're also apparently playing another match at Wembley while the Championship play-off final is going ahead: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/KeyDates/0,,10794~1357319,00.html

Bit unfair that :D

Just seen those changed dates on BU and came to check they were here too! Don't fancy friday and monday nights, would mean two afternoons off and I normally have committments on fri. Hope if we don't make 2nd we drop to 4th, a Sat afternoon and tuesday evening suits me much better!

Well 11th is my birthday.... let's hope we don't need a game for then

These really need to be unecessery as I am appearing at the local hipperdrome(AKA Village Hall) in a play on the weekend of 7,8,9th.

Confirmed on OS: http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1636313,00.html

The dates for the Championship play-off finals have been announced.

The team that finishes third will play their first leg away from home against the team that ends the season in sixth, on Friday 8th May, kick-off 7.45pm.

The second leg tie will then take place on Monday 11th May, again with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Whoever finishes fourth will play fifth away on Saturday 9th May, kick-off 5.20pm, with the return
on Tuesday 12th May, with a 7.45pm start.

The final, at Wembley, is on Monday 25th May, kick-off 3pm.

All these games will be shown live on Sky.

1st legs
Friday 8th May at 7.45pm - 6th v 3rd
Saturday 9th May at 5.20pm - 5th v 4th

2nd legs
Monday 11th May at 7.45pm - 3rd v 6th
Tuesday 12th May at 7.45pm - 4th v 5th

Final
Monday 25th May at 3.00pm - Wembley

Pff....lucky me....booked a returnflight Weeze - Manchester leaving may 11th and back may 13th after the Burnleygame..... (just 12 Euro) Did book a returnfligth before the Burnleygame, Weeze - Manchester leaving may 2nd, back may 4th, just in case we would (still can) go up directly.....(15 Euro)

Bollocks. We've got a work night out that I have to go to on the night of the 8th. I just asked about the possibility of not going and people were not impressed :(

looks like I'll be taking my radio...

Bollocks. We've got a work night out that I have to go to on the night of the 8th. I just asked about the possibility of not going and people were not impressed :(

looks like I'll be taking my radio...

I had the same... Simple solution, explain that football is more important than anything else :)

You never know, you might not have the problem ;)

I tried that... the looks I got were best described as 'poisonous'. I'm the only Blade in the office and one of only a few football fans, so I've got no chance.

This is true though - we could yet go up auto (or I suppose not finish 3rd...)!

How wanky-woo is it to have the final on the monday? I know it's a Bank Hol, but it's still a crappy day.

Me and you both DD. Except my tipple was a rather splendid Bordeaux claret! :D :D

Claret? Aren't burnley called the clarets? you drank a splendid Burnely.

I would have enjoyed a splendid Claret but in the pub it would have cost over £50, even a champagne Blade like me has to draw the line somewhere in credit crunch Britain.

I'm glad you enjoyed though:D:D

If we dont finish in the top two playoff places I am well shafted. I am in play on Saturday 9th and would have to miss the home leg if we finish 5th or 6th. Bugger!!!!

Back
Top Bottom