Place your bets, kit for Spurs away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought I saw somewhere that only the shirts and socks had to be different and that both teams could actually wear same/similar colour shorts...dunno why this would be the case but I read it somewhere for sure.
In which case our complete home strip would be fine.

I thought I saw somewhere that only the shirts and socks had to be different and that both teams could actually wear same/similar colour shorts...dunno why this would be the case but I read it somewhere for sure.
In which case our complete home strip would be fine.

It's because the socks and arms define everything. It helps the officials determine who touched the ball. If a handball occurs, they need to know who handles it. Same with socks, who gets the touch for a Goal Kick/Corner etc.

This is why under garments now need to be same colour as the shirt sleeves or the most dominant colour.

Last season for example, we wore white under garments to match the sleeves but when Wigan came to town, also with solid white sleeves, we were forced to wear red:

1572965262555.png1572965223429.png

Think we should fuck that lime green kit off and go for an all black with a red n white trim

Hopefully it will be the third kit and we won't have to wear white shorts with the Home shirt. Doesn't look right. Although the third kit shirt with red shorts would be an interesting option.

A few seasons back Hull wore their grey away kit at Newcastle in fog because their home kit had black in it.

Teams in different shades of blue seem to get away with clashes for some reason.

if Arsenal and Spurs can both wear their home kits every north London derby then we can wear our home kit on Saturday

Think we should fuck that lime green kit off and go for an all black with a red n white trim
Yes if the commercial dept and our adidas contacts are on the ball we'll rock up in a stylish new black/dark grey third shirt on Sat and launch it before Xmas! Some will moan about it but the way we're going at the mo we all know the queue for it would be out the car park and round the stadium! We're in the Prem now and I demand to spunk more of my hard earned cash on it!

It will be the 3rd kit.

I missed your point.
Such as means for example, that's what threw me. I thought you were saying we should wear the stripes, for example as we did at Chel & Eve. But you meant Chel & Eve were examples where we should have worn them.

Funny how things can be read in two ways
Yes. 🙂

It’s the home shirt

With what shorts/socks combo? Standard home kit?

This is a list of all matchups this season so far. When Spurs were at home to Palace they allowed Palace to wear Blue shorts. Watford also wore their all blue away kit.

Liverpool and Palace both wore Black Shorts at Bramall Lane. Arsenal wore Navy (same colour as Spurs shorts)

1573048845308.png

Norwich have worn their home kit on 10 out of 11 games.

bromtom after finding this, I think we'll just rock up in standard home kit:

1573049028728.png1573049032972.png

Last edited:
Red and white shirt on Saturday, with poppies again.
Yeah, I wonder if we'll wear our red shorts since black will no doubt clash with navy blue in the FA rulebook. Hope so, they look pretty decent to be honest. Be a shame not to see them all season. They suit the away kit so much better than all white if I'm honest.

Anyone got any clear pictures of these red away shorts? Want a pair for 5 a side

Rules are: Shirts and Socks must be clear different, shorts may be identical. Got this answer from PL two years ago, don't think they've changed it. Awayshorts are mainly for commercial reasons not footballing. Back in the black and white days some televised games could be confusing, mud and rain in the winter made it sometimes almost impossible the differ the players.

Rules are: Shirts and Socks must be clear different, shorts may be identical. Got this answer from PL two years ago, don't think they've changed it. Awayshorts are mainly for commercial reasons not footballing. Back in the black and white days some televised games could be confusing, mud and rain in the winter made it sometimes almost impossible the differ the players.
For those of us that are colour blind we really struggle with some kits not in black and white!

I really really really and really x a gazillion love that lime/yellow/neon kit. Fuck the boring white thing off and replace it with a black and red kit.

I've thought about this away kit thing a couple of times and as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, is there a reason why every away game this season, even when there is no obvious clash with our red and white stripes home kit, have we worn our away or 3rd kit? (I think I'm right in saying this)
The same seems to go for all PL teams.
Is there some contractual thing whereby teams have to wear an away kit at away games?
18E9079D-1EBA-46AD-8630-E8251ADBFB83.gif

Back
Top Bottom