Place your bets, kit for Spurs away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bromtom

Well-Known Member/ Former F1 Driver Jos Verstappen
Reaction score
What will we be wearing then against white blue white Tottingham Hotsplodge?

The Premier League and officials thus far have had us in our away kit every game away from the Lane, with the odd variation of black shorts or our home red socks.

Can't really do that against Spurs.

The obvious thing to me would be home shirt, white away shorts (or those red ones that we only have one unironed pair of 😆) and home socks but refs don't seem to like any colour sharing, so could we see the lime third kit make an appearance?

last time we played away at Spurs it was home shirt, white shorts, black socks. hopefully we go with what you said, we should really wear our home shirt whenever possible. under no obligation to wear the neon kit either as it's from last season

Maybe a spin on the NFL, home team play in their home shirts all away teams play in a white kit, with team colours trim, now obviously Spurs, Leeds, Bolton to name 3 play in white, so maybe all away teams have a black away shirt base colour, with trim, I can't think of a home kit in black but if so, then away team plays in their home kit too, added bonus fans will always have a reasonably up to date away kit :)

It's the same kind of bellendery that resulted in the below between L**ds and QPR on Sat. Presumaby because QPR have some actual white on their home kit, it was deemed more sensible for them to play in their nearly all white away kit, against L**ds actual white home kit

1572947910140.png

Home shirt, white shorts and red socks. We should wear stripes at every opportunity such as at Chelsea, Everton etc.

I've thought about this away kit thing a couple of times and as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, is there a reason why every away game this season, even when there is no obvious clash with our red and white stripes home kit, have we worn our away or 3rd kit? (I think I'm right in saying this)
The same seems to go for all PL teams.
Is there some contractual thing whereby teams have to wear an away kit at away games?

Are they real? Never seen them worn and aren't available to buy

Definitely real. Looks like they're "change" away shorts. Can see them in the promo video:

Also shown on the official kit launch news - https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/away-kit/

I think the kit looks tons better with red shorts than white

They may go like this but why would they add more white to the equation?:

1572960802862.png

Luminous Shirt, Shorts and Socks seems to be the most suitable option all round.

Last edited:
it will be this because its a ridiculous rule that you cant have any clashing colours with the opposition or the officials. so even though its easy to tell the difference because home its half white

Wish they'd sort the fucking website out. So many things available in the shop but not online
If you cant get then give them a bell they are usually helpful with sending out stuff like that, or used to be when we were crap. Might be a different story now!:rolleyes:

We play in red & white stripes at home now when we play away if obvious could clash I can see reason to change, Spurs' white kit won't clash with red & white get it worn. I hate it when we deviate from wearing it away as it mostly seems to keep sponsors happy.

Back
Top Bottom