Place your bets, kit for Spurs away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have I stated something funny!? 🙄
You were being serious?
CF3E8A5E-EBC5-4718-9FFD-95F4D9619EB9.gif

It’s an away shirt, not a second or third strip, so the answer is kinda in the name. If we’re at home we’ll generally wear the home kit, if we’re away........

Last edited:
So, when we played the Pigs away we should wear an away kit? 🤔
We don’t normally for Derbies, but generally yes that’s how it works. Mainly marketing and sales driven these days I’m sure, but with separate sponsors they’ll want their exposure and we maximise our income. Im sure back in the day they were call alternate or 2nd kits.

But so do all PL teams, so my question was is it contractual?
No it’s not contracual with the league, could possibly be with the sponsor, ie you have to wear it so many times, which would seem logical.
But it’s in the clubs interests because they’ll potentially sell more kits but the league don’t enforce this just that the kits can’t clash.

2nd Away shorts (which I think is actually the best combo as it keeps us red and white):

View attachment 63925

Not sure why we wore the Black shorts at Everton, surely Red would've been better

Still can't get over the fact no-one told Dids that he had his shorts on backwards...

we could go with the Chivas regal midnight version away, the bimbo logo could take us into the late hours. the whole spurs team will need consuling at specsavers sunday morning still looking for 3 points gone missing.

Attachments

• ChivasHSS0809.gif
    ChivasHSS0809.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
No it was a genuine question that no one had answered!
Why, even when there is no obvious clash with the home kit, do we wear an away kit?
Isn’t it just a change strip? An away kit would imply that we would wear it at all away games and that Sheffield United don’t play in red and white stripes, which is what we all relate United with, but red and white stripes plus whatever we choose that particular season.
Red and white stripes are our colours and should be worn at every opportunity.

It's the first time this season we've worn our 'home' kit away!
I was thinking it was a contractual thing that teams had to wear an away kit away.

Back
Top Bottom