PINCH: The Accountant: on the "riches"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'Expect a similar uptick for all other sponsors; the stand, training kit, sleeve and back of shirt etc.'

That Tony Currie fella is going to have to get his hand in his pocket!

Good read but quite sobering really " We're all doomed!" !!

Very sobering read. I need to read it again more thoroughly because it was a bit of a skim read with someone talking in my ear throughout but one thing I seemed to take from it is that in some ways, managing to survive in the prem for a season actually made us worse off.

The PL is so mismatched financially, there really is no way in that has much hope of lasting long term. All I can see is you play premier league hokey-kokey, gradually decreasing your debts each time until you can finally swap your financially exhausted championship owner for some eye-wateringly minted owner who's prepared to pay in the GDP of a small western country.

Decent read this one. It's free to read too if you don't subscribe

Really good read. If all on this forum took its contents on board we would not have the extravagant expectations of signing 5/6 quality players in addition to a couple of loans.
I cannot see us paying more than £12/15m in total fees and that is top side.

Very sobering read. I need to read it again more thoroughly because it was a bit of a skim read with someone talking in my ear throughout but one thing I seemed to take from it is that in some ways, managing to survive in the prem for a season actually made us worse off.

The PL is so mismatched financially, there really is no way in that has much hope of lasting long term. All I can see is you play premier league hokey-kokey, gradually decreasing your debts each time until you can finally swap your financially exhausted championship owner for some eye-wateringly minted owner who's prepared to pay in the GDP of a small western country.
This is why I refer to it as poisoned chalice.
It's fantastic top players will.come to bdtbl. We pip ourselves against top teams.

The Financial difference between championship and prem is so big its hard to compete without risking the future of the club. Look at us. We finished 9th then got relegated then a yr later under an embargo.

Luckily we got back up...but that prob only keeps wolves from the door. So do we accept relegation and go again and get back up?

Really good read. If all on this forum took its contents on board we would not have the extravagant expectations of signing 5/6 quality players in addition to a couple of loans.
I cannot see us paying more than £12/15m in total fees and that is top side.
I don't think it'll be quite that low, but I'll be surprised if we break £50M this time. Assuming the new rumour of a new Saudi owner aren't true, that is.

This is why I refer to it as poisoned chalice.
It's fantastic top players will.come to bdtbl. We pip ourselves against top teams.

The Financial difference between championship and prem is so big its hard to compete without risking the future of the club. Look at us. We finished 9th then got relegated then a yr later under an embargo.

Luckily we got back up...but that prob only keeps wolves from the door. So do we accept relegation and go again and get back up?
That's the problem isn't it. Go up, accept from the start you'll likely be relegated so 'do a norwich' and don't spend much and become a yo-yo club until the debt of the bad prem stint is paid off. But a new question then is how crucial is it that you consistently get promoted? What happens if one season, instead iof yo-yo-ing you just yo (like norwich), and don't go straight back up? Is it just a hiccup or is everything so precarious that you're then fucked again? I'd hate us to be in a position where we're relying on the championship being reliable.

Or if you do go up and somehow stay up, how do you then temper expectations and calls to start investing because suddenly half the fanbase believes we're an established prem club and want spending to match.

'Expect a similar uptick for all other sponsors; the stand, training kit, sleeve and back of shirt etc.'

That Tony Currie fella is going to have to get his hand in his pocket!

We'll do very well if someone wants to pay us for that, as they aren't allowed to appear on the back of a Premier League shirt.

That's the problem isn't it. Go up, accept from the start you'll likely be relegated so 'do a norwich' and don't spend much and become a yo-yo club until the debt of the bad prem stint is paid off. But a new question then is how crucial is it that you consistently get promoted? What happens if one season, instead iof yo-yo-ing you just yo (like norwich), and don't go straight back up? Is it just a hiccup or is everything so precarious that you're then fucked again? I'd hate us to be in a position where we're relying on the championship being reliable.

Or if you do go up and somehow stay up, how do you then temper expectations and calls to start investing because suddenly half the fanbase believes we're an established prem club and want spending to match.
Exactly...the gap is too big. Whatsxthe answer?? And as tv money increases the gap gets bigger.

Soon, they'll be no point in going up...then after that a literally closed shop...or 1 up 1 down

Exactly...the gap is too big. Whatsxthe answer?? And as tv money increases the gap gets bigger.

Soon, they'll be no point in going up...then after that a literally closed shop...or 1 up 1 down

Or the euro super league rears its head again with people welcoming it as a solution when all it does is at best kick the can down the road and turn the premier league into the new championship, or at worst up the financial stakes even more.

This just shows how much of a kicker we're going to have this year.

We have loads of players out of contract. If we want to keep them, we need to offer them a new contract. But they're in the Premier League so will be on more money. They'll also want more than one year. Here's the real issue. Its fine saying give them another year, but this is the last big contract for most and therefore they'll be looking for more. Maybe the last contract for some. So, we end up offering players 2 years instead of one, meaning we're stuck with them and their wage if we go down.

Then we have the players whose contract runs out next summer. Including Berge, Ndiaye, RND, Egan. We want to keep them and not lose them on a free but they'll want Premier League money. And once again, they'll want some form of security so that's 2 or 3 years. But, and here's the big but, they'll also not want to be stuck with us if we get relegated, so they'll want a relegation release clause. They'll also not want a relegation wage reduction.

And with 2 players on the books past summer 24, we need to offer 23 contracts to have a full Premier League squad. All on Premier League money.

This couldn't really have fallen any worse. So many financial outgoings at the same time. We'll be favourites to go down, so hard to sign players, and those players will want a release clause but not a wage reduction should we go down.

Going to be a very difficult summer if a new owner doesn't come in.

It’s a long winded way of saying what a few posters have explained a fair few times. He’s right though.

People will still be asking “weerz munneh gone?” and accusing Abdullah of pocketing all the cash whether they read it or not.

We'll do very well if someone wants to pay us for that, as they aren't allowed to appear on the back of a Premier League shirt.
That’s a b*gger, I might need some new hinged, movable solid barriers for internal or external entryways and don’t have a source anymore……🙂

Back
Top Bottom