Penalty Taker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bakeblade

Reaction score
Hecky needs to sort this out with a designated taker who will probably be on the pitch, this rules out Billy and Brewster.
Most championship games are tight and we can't afford to keep missing them.
I'd go Ndiaye or Anel

Brewster took ‘nearly’ the perfect penalty. I wouldn’t change a thing.
2 problems with that.
1. He doesn't get many minutes, so will probably not be on the pitch
2. He missed yesterday

Why not, seems a confident lad and a very good footballer
You're talking about a squad of professional footballers in the championship, a fair number of whom are internationals. They're all relatively "very good footballers" - Just curious how you came to the conclusion that a centre-half who we've never seen take a penalty should be one of the 2 nailed-on penalty takers...

You're talking about a squad of professional footballers in the championship, a fair number of whom are internationals. They're all relatively "very good footballers" - Just curious how you came to the conclusion that a centre-half who we've never seen take a penalty should be one of the 2 nailed-on penalty takers...
I was just trying to think of players who are on the pitch all game. That rules out all our strikers except Ndiaye, Norwood no thanks, Doyle possibly.
So we're just left with defenders and Anel seems the best fit.

Norwood should have taken the penalty yesterday, given who was still on the pitch. As fans we need to accept that sometimes penalties are going to be missed.

Norwood should have taken the penalty yesterday, given who was still on the pitch. As fans we need to accept that sometimes penalties are going to be missed.
Maybe, but Norwood said himself he wouldn't take the next one after he missed against Millwall.

Ironically Norwood has scored a penalty against yesterday's opposing keeper before (for Fulham v Preston in 2017).

Maybe, but Norwood said himself he wouldn't take the next one after he missed against Millwall.

Ironically Norwood has scored a penalty against yesterday's opposing keeper before (for Fulham v Preston in 2017).

Yes, I meant if Norwood actually wanted to take it. Maybe he didn’t.

Some say Germans are ace at pens,do we have a German,yes we do.

But really i would let Doyle take the next one.

What’s with the “unlucky” ‘near perfect’ ‘very good footballer” sympathy for RB, he’s rubbish and missed a crucial pen at 2-3….is there any truth that he took the ball off illy??
Having said all of the above I didn’t mind him taking it…before he missed.

Any professional footballer that can’t kick a ball from 12 yards into a 2ft square of either top corner with pace shouldn’t even be on the pitch.
Some of the best players to have ever played the game have missed from the spot

Berge is the man if he's fit.

Imagine Doyle may well take the next one as he took them at u23 level I believe.

Obviously Sharp trump's everyone if he's on the field.

Brewster generally takes a good penalty given his record for England. The one Saturday was ever so unlucky.

2 problems with that.
1. He doesn't get many minutes, so will probably not be on the pitch
2. He missed yesterday
1. Yes need options, depending who's on the pitch, that will always be the case.
2. Nobody always scores. He hit it with confidence given the situation.
I would imagine nobody would relish stepping up for that one.

Brewster stays in the list, for me.

3. He's only ever taken 4 in senior football, and missed 3 of them.
Transfermrkt has it listed as 2 scored and 2 missed.

1665997324027.png

Those stats are only in games and doesn't include Penalty Shootouts.

He missed against Southampton in the EFL Cup, but scored for Liverpool against Arsenal in the same competition, so that's 3 from 6 as a Pro, unless he's taken any in shootouts for England U21s??

Edit. This was after Norwood missed earlier this season against Millwall. Those stats are only including club football you'd imagine.

I'd still let Brewster take a pen. Fine margins hitting the post but generally an inch to left you don't save those pens.

Hopefully doesn't knock his confidence because I always fear it's a cagey one. Get him confident though and starting to score more and I think we see a much better player.

Back
Top Bottom