Penalty Taker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Transfermrkt has it listed as 2 scored and 2 missed.

View attachment 145846

Those stats are only in games and doesn't include Penalty Shootouts.

He missed against Southampton in the EFL Cup, but scored for Liverpool against Arsenal in the same competition, so that's 3 from 6 as a Pro, unless he's taken any in shootouts for England U21s??
I was just quoting the tweet you've since shared, so don't quote me on this but I think his record is:

Scored one for Liverpool.
Missed one in a penalty shootout for Liverpool.
Missed one in a penalty shootout for us.
Missed Saturday.

The xG for penalties is 0.76, is it just the pressure that we struggle with or our players just crap (odd exception)?

I'd still let Brewster take a pen. Fine margins hitting the post but generally an inch to left you don't save those pens.

Hopefully doesn't knock his confidence because I always fear it's a cagey one. Get him confident though and starting to score more and I think we see a much better player.
How long would you give him to get confident and starting to score more goals. He's had 2 years. Do we risk starting him and stick with that for say half a dozen games and see where it takes us because I really don't see how his performances will ever change if he only gets 20 mins 2 games out of 3.

1. Yes need options, depending who's on the pitch, that will always be the case.
2. Nobody always scores. He hit it with confidence given the situation.
I would imagine nobody would relish stepping up for that one.

Brewster stays in the list, for me.
Off the list for me

Transfermrkt has it listed as 2 scored and 2 missed.

View attachment 145846

Those stats are only in games and doesn't include Penalty Shootouts.

He missed against Southampton in the EFL Cup, but scored for Liverpool against Arsenal in the same competition, so that's 3 from 6 as a Pro, unless he's taken any in shootouts for England U21s??
50% success then, that's poor

The xG for penalties is 0.76, is it just the pressure that we struggle with or our players just crap (odd exception)?

That has been calculated using data from designated penalty takers the vast majority of the time. So us having three players with a better conversion rate than that is probably not a bad place to be.

It just so happens that none of them were on the pitch Saturday, which was unfortunate.

There is no obvious choice of a penalty taker. Berge is possibly the best bet, but obviously not.

Tempted to say McAtee if he's on the pitch.

There is no obvious choice of a penalty taker. Berge is possibly the best bet, but obviously not.

Tempted to say McAtee if he's on the pitch.
Iliman is on my mind and he wears the 29........

Hecky needs to sort this out with a designated taker who will probably be on the pitch, this rules out Billy and Brewster.
Most championship games are tight and we can't afford to keep missing them.
I'd go Ndiaye or Anel
I'll go with Tony Kenworthy please !

Back
Top Bottom