Paul Coutts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How can any of you possibly know if he is anywhere near the level he was for us in League 1, Nevermind the first few months of the championship season? Do you all have Fleetwood season tickets?

is he any better than Besic?

No.

We’re at a totally different level now. You find the next improvement.
He was, at the time of his injury, the pivotal player in a midfield that was sitting pretty at the top of the Championship. With a vast majority of his teammates still holding down 1st team places, the level really isn't totally different.

I agree age is an issue but like the OP said, 18 month contract as cover 🤷‍♂️ it wouldn't upset me. OP did say he was scratching his head to think of another option.

He was, at the time of his injury, the pivotal player in a midfield that was sitting pretty at the top of the Championship. With a vast majority of his teammates still holding down 1st team places, the level really isn't totally different.

I agree age is an issue but like the OP said, 18 month contract as cover 🤷‍♂️ it wouldn't upset me.
He’s playing in League 1, how on Earth anyone can suggest he’s capable at Premier League level is beyond the realms of bladey bladeness.

Well just look who’s posted it...

Don't think he likes me after I suggested that his hatred for Leon was based on other factors. He's even trying to bring my sex life into a post now.

I can't wait for the standard response of "you're all wrong and I'm right because I'm cleverer than you" to be trotted out.

Don't think he likes me after I suggested that his hatred for Leon was based on other factors. He's even trying to bring my sex life into a post now.

I can't wait for the standard response of "you're all wrong and I'm right because I'm cleverer than you" to be trotted out.
He hates me but I must admit I’ve never had my sex life questioned by him, that’s a new one. I’ll wait for that one with a hint of excitement.

Couttseheh scored again tonight for Fleetwood. Really ripping it up in the same role he played so well for us for the magnificent 18 months pre leg break.

I completely understand why we let him go. I think his contract was up and there was absolutely no way we could have gambled on him returning to any type of form after that injury.

However, given that he has in fact returned seemingly to similar levels, (completely hypothetically because it’s obviously not going to happen) would anyone have him back here on an 18 month contract in Jan?

I personally would, because we know Wilder wants some cover for Norwood and I’m seriously scratching my head thinking about someone that fits the criteria of being good enough to do it that wouldn’t mind being backup. Norwood is obviously going to face suspension at some point this season and when that time comes we’re gonna have to completely change the system for a couple of games. Those 6 points could really be valuable come the end of the season. God forbid he gets injured and we have to shoehorn someone else in. Having him around as an option would be cheap, popular with fans, very useful and probably more beneficial to the squad than having Leon in the 25 and would give us time to get that long term signing right.

I am, however glad he is playing regular football in a successful side again. He deserves it.
Whatever I said, whatever I did
I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good
(Want you back, want you back, want you back for good)
Whenever I'm wrong
Just tell me the song and I'll sing it
You'll be right and understood
(Want you back, want you back, want you back for good)
I want you back for good

Coutts was fantastic for us when he needed to be, but the injury meant we replaced him with a better option. I'm thankful for what he did, wish him all the best in the future, but don't want him back. We need to progress, not take steps back.

I love Coutts and I reckon he'll go down as one of my favourite ever Blades. Could he do a job for us if Norwood got injured? Possibly. The people immediately saying "no" because he's 31 and playing League One football at the moment are being simplistic in the extreme and could do with remembering just how good he was for us in our system pre-injury. However, he is 31, and he is playing just League One football. And we're talking about whether he would be, at best, cover for Norwood. It's a no for me. Coutts will be happy playing football week-in, week-out, and we'd be signing him to be a back-up at best - precisely the reason he left. We've got great memories from his time and he left on great terms. Let's leave it at that.

I love Coutts and I reckon he'll go down as one of my favourite ever Blades. Could he do a job for us if Norwood got injured? Possibly. The people immediately saying "no" because he's 31 and playing League One football at the moment are being simplistic in the extreme and could do with remembering just how good he was for us in our system pre-injury. However, he is 31, and he is playing just League One football. And we're talking about whether he would be, at best, cover for Norwood. It's a no for me. Coutts will be happy playing football week-in, week-out, and we'd be signing him to be a back-up at best - precisely the reason he left. We've got great memories from his time and he left on great terms. Let's leave it at that.
Yep, that's fair.

Do you think it's a sensible suggestion to give Coutts an 18 month contract based on a few good performances for Fleetwood?

I'm glad you've come out of the other side of the self-flagellation that McBurnie scoring at the weekend must have induced.
Do you think it’s sensible to put words in people’s mouths that simply arnt there, to amplify a point that has no foundation ?

I’m curious !

UTB

Do you think it’s sensible to put words in people’s mouths that simply arnt there, to amplify a point that has no foundation ?

I’m curious !

UTB

Sorry which words have I put in someones mouth? It's good this answering a question with a question lark. I can see why you do it.

Sorry which words have I put in someones mouth? It's good this answering a question with a question lark. I can see why you do it.
That’s good.

I’m just curious as to why you replied to my post, instead of others, with a very specific comment about an 18 month contract I never mentioned !

For the record, I rate Coutts highly and sincerely believe he could have had a role to play this season. Emphasis on could.

And if from this you have somehow taken it to mean that I believe we should resign him on the basis of a few glowing reports of his performances in Div 3 ............

UTB

That’s good.

I’m just curious as to why you replied to my post, instead of others, with a very specific comment about an 18 month contract I never mentioned !

For the record, I rate Coutts highly and sincerely believe he could have had a role to play this season. Emphasis on could.

And if from this you have somehow taken it to mean that I believe we should resign him on the basis of a few glowing reports of his performances in Div 3 ............

UTB

Right I'll explain before you get your knickers in a twist again.

My post was aimed at the OP, whose comment was that we might want to offer him an 18 month contract based on his form for Fleetwood. You questioned my post so I asked if you thought that the idea of the OP was a good one. It's not that difficult to follow.

Coutts was great for us, probably one of my favourites in recent times and probably still is for Fleetwood, but I don't think signing him now as a team wanting to finish somewhere between 17th and 5th in the PL is the best idea.

I fail to see how he could have had a role to play in this season for us given that he wanted to play first team football and signed for Fleetwood. If he'd have stayed with us then he may have been loaned out or may have been festering in the U23's whilst Norwood continues to play as well as he is. He certainly wouldn't have been in the first 11 would he?

I'm afraid Sordell's tackle finished off Coutts career at a higher level. It had taken him time to recover from the horrendous knee cap injury at Derby and there were signs when he first came to us that he was struggling to get over this. Credit to him for getting back to the level he did after the knee injury and the Holy Trinity with Fleck and Duffy gave me some memorable moments.

He just didn't look the same player after Sordell in terms of getting past players over the first five yards which was one of his strengths. I suspect a lot of Championship Clubs were not prepared to take a gamble on a player at 31 after two serious injuries. His level of fitness will be considerably less than that expected of a Premiership player and he wants to play every week which is why he chose Fleetwood.

He gave us some great moments not least being part of the Bouncing Day massacre team but his time playing for us again has long gone. Good luck to him and Fleetwood.

Right I'll explain before you get your knickers in a twist again.

My post was aimed at the OP, whose comment was that we might want to offer him an 18 month contract based on his form for Fleetwood. You questioned my post so I asked if you thought that the idea of the OP was a good one. It's not that difficult to follow.

Coutts was great for us, probably one of my favourites in recent times and probably still is for Fleetwood, but I don't think signing him now as a team wanting to finish somewhere between 17th and 5th in the PL is the best idea.

I fail to see how he could have had a role to play in this season for us given that he wanted to play first team football and signed for Fleetwood. If he'd have stayed with us then he may have been loaned out or may have been festering in the U23's whilst Norwood continues to play as well as he is. He certainly wouldn't have been in the first 11 would he?
Fair dinkum.

But let me leave you with this.

Having left the club, his direct replacements are Besic and Rav. Not strictly like with like but these are the CM players brought in.

Granted that ON is the man. For now !

Based on positive reports, and the limited impact Mo and Rav have had, is it understandable PCs name has cropped up ??

Even semi seriously ??

I loved the bloke, but we have moved on. As is the way of the world

Doesn’t always make it right though. Does it ??

UTB

Fair dinkum.

But let me leave you with this.

Having left the club, his direct replacements are Besic and Rav. Not strictly like with like but these are the CM players brought in.

Granted that ON is the man. For now !

Based on positive reports, and the limited impact Mo and Rav have had, is it understandable PCs name has cropped up ??

Even semi seriously ??

I loved the bloke, but we have moved on. As is the way of the world

Doesn’t always make it right though. Does it ??

UTB

Rav seems like a strange signing, to me it looks like a failure but having seen failures do ok under Wilder I'll reserve judgement.

Besic is the kind of player you sign when you think "we need someone whose been in the PL before but don't really want to pay for one". I'd rather him be sat rotting on the bench than Coutts.

Coutts languishing in our reserves would have been heresy so I'm glad he's doing well at another club.

Hopefully we'll only have to cover ON for the odd game this season due to injury or suspension, then all the football manager and scouts in our fan base can get throwing about obscure replacements from the Danish 3rd division who we can buy in January as cover.

Rav seems like a strange signing, to me it looks like a failure but having seen failures do ok under Wilder I'll reserve judgement.

Besic is the kind of player you sign when you think "we need someone whose been in the PL before but don't really want to pay for one". I'd rather him be sat rotting on the bench than Coutts.

Coutts languishing in our reserves would have been heresy so I'm glad he's doing well at another club.

Hopefully we'll only have to cover ON for the odd game this season due to injury or suspension, then all the football manager and scouts in our fan base can get throwing about obscure replacements from the Danish 3rd division who we can buy in January as cover.
Or even the English 3rd Division.

😉.

UTB

I'm glad you're not our manager mate. I mean, it's a lovely sentiment that you express about someone who once was a very good player, a key player, for us. But to suggest for one moment that a 31 year old ex-player, who couldn't get a regular place in our first team in the Championship last season, and is now plying his trade in the third tier of English football, should be, even could be, part of the plan to improve the current Premiership squad, well...I really don't follow your logic at all mate, sorry.

We need to be recruiting players at a level beyond what we currently have. It's really that simple. The kind of midfielders we need to be bringing in are players of the calibre like Nevez at Wolves. 22 year old, international standard, outstanding skills. That's how Wolves have taken the step up, by buying "above" the level of what they already had.

Anyhow, I suppose I'm the wrong person to ask. I never believe in "going back" in anything in life. I only believe in looking forward, trying to do better than before, not trying to repeat something that once worked in the past.

Good luck to Couttsy btw - it's great that he's doing well.

Thanks for the nice polite reply pal. I do agree with most of what you say to be honest. You’re probably right. It’s unbelievably leftfield, but if he had taken wilder up on the one year extension, he would be in our squad now, with the same ability he had before and the fitness to match. The 31 year old point you made is a bit redundant though because we’ve got quite a few of those already and it doesn’t seem to matter. Especially if it’s only 5 games a season. The only question mark everyone would have is ‘can he regain the same fitness and form he did before after his injury’ which he has proven he has, so in hindsight that would be a ‘yes’ so our fears would have been misplaced. Agree about the ‘moving on’ thing but if any signing is going to be coming in knowing they’re gonna be second fiddle to Norwood it does limit our market a little bit. I guess unless you imagine they’re gonna come straight into the first team and dislodge Norwood which is fine but our system with Norwood has certainly been really successful so far this season and it might be a bit risky to throw the baby out with the bath water and replace Norwood for someone ‘better’. I think he’s probably more important to the system than we realise.

Another point I’ll make in response to your ‘he couldn’t get in our championship side last year’ he had a broken leg mate. His ability is never in question, just his fitness, which he’s proved is back. The last time he played for us we were top of the championship weren’t we?

We should be looking for a younger, better version than Coutts, and indeed Norwood. That's how you evolve as a team and become better.

There will be players out there who fit the above criteria, just a bit more difficult trying to identify them.

I would prefer us to go for the lad Brannigan at Oxford as a possible long term replacement for Norwood.

I completely agree with this sentiment. The thing about signing Brannigan, who I really like. I think the ideal scenario would be to sign both. Think of it like this.. if Norwood got injured for a month tomorrow, who would you feel more comfortable coming in? A fit, fresh, knowing the system Paul Coutts or Cameron Brannigan? Sure, he’s a good player but is he gonna slot in and know about enda and baldock’s runs? Know when to tuck in and know when to press? I think he’d be perfect in 18 months but coming in for a few games now, id personally rather have Coutts. Sign both, let Coutts fill in when needed and let Brannigan train with the squad until he is ready to replace Coutts/Norwood in my opinion.

Duffy ought to have a look at what Coutts is doing.
A huge worry for us is if Norwood got a Coutts type injury , history really would repeat itself as players like he and Coutts are so hard to come by.

This was my point exactly. Would personally rather have Coutts in the 25 right now than Clarke think. Good, useful players like him are hard to come by, and I think there was a reason Wilder offered him the year contract, because we do have a gaping hole behind Norwood if he gets injured or suspended. Fully respect Coutts for leaving for first team football though.

Are people drunk? He's doing well in a league 1 club and therefore he'd be good in the Premier League? At 31? With his injury record? After not being good enough last season? hahaha. Seriously?

If you think that performing at the top of league one (and in Coutts case, the top of championship) doesn’t mean you can cut it in the prem as a squad player, perhaps you should have a word with wilder about dropping Basham, JOC, Fleck and Sharp? I agree his fitness was an issue and I was kind of behind him being released based on the injury, but hindsight dictates he’s back to those levels, so what’s the problem?

Ched Evans is having a decent run for Fleetwood too, perhaps we should gerrimback too.

I’m all for debate, but you and I both know that’s a completely different conversation about ched and Coutts. You’re just being facetious and I’m not gonna rise to that. You know that’s a ridiculous comparison.

Is he really "ripping it up"? Genuine question, I've been semi-following how he's doing but apart from the odd video clip of a nice bit of skill I haven't heard much talk about him. FWIW that was his first goal of the season (in the EFL trophy against Everton's academy side), he has 1 assist, is 9th on Fleetwood for total chances created (only 2 of those 9 have played more minutes than he has).

Fair enough mate bringing stats into it, those stats don’t scream ‘tearing it up’ but from anecdotal evidence from fleetwood fans, they say they’ve never had a midfielder like him and he completely makes them tick, just like we did when he was playing for us in league one. I’m not certain, but those specific chance creation stats probably weren’t off the charts for us, just from the eye test he was next level. I guess what I was saying was: assuming he was the same player we had the day before he broke his leg, would you have him back as a squad player? I personally would, if the alternative was nobody, which is the current situation.

Is the OP?:

a) High
b) Drunk
c) Both
d) a WUM
e) Not very clever
f) All of the above

Quality input that. In answer to your questions:
A) no I haven’t done drugs in 4 months
B) I wasn’t drunk when I wrote the OP, but I am now.
C) see above, you fucking cunt.
D) no, just want to chat about united.
E) I’m a pretty intelligent bloke and know a lot about football. I live and breathe it. Every league. I play every football manager game, listen to almost every single football, EFL, tactics and scouting podcasts currently available and subscribe to pretty much every literary publication available. I might be a fucking dick but I’m not uninformed or stupid.
F) thanks for your kind words. Perhaps you would be happier if this forum just closed down so you could just not talk football with anyone ever and sit in your echo chamber where everyone agrees with you and you never hear opinions you don’t like? Fuck off.

Having an opinion on a footballer on a football forum.
Shocking !!!

Clearly must be f).

😀.

PS - is your post clearly

a. Looking for a row.
b. Demonstrating your preference for class a substances.
c. That you haven’t dipped your wick in quite some time and are feeling, well, a bit tense.

UTB

What he said.

Do you think it's a sensible suggestion to give Coutts an 18 month contract based on a few good performances for Fleetwood?

I'm glad you've come out of the other side of the self-flagellation that McBurnie scoring at the weekend must have induced.

What are you on about mate? Mcburnie scored yeah. I didn’t have an awful lot to do with it. It wasn’t me that crossed it in and I wasn’t in the VAR room giving the goal. Kind of irrelevant to this conversation really. I know I said I thought he would come good. So what? Has he come good? He just scored a decent chance, which has kind of defined his career so far. Hardly a hot take from me. Im talking about a completely hypothetical conversion here, much the same as ‘would you rather have messi or Ronaldo in this united side’ it’s just a chat, a debate, a conversation about football. There’s no need to be a bell end about it and try to get personal.

How can any of you possibly know if he is anywhere near the level he was for us in League 1, Nevermind the first few months of the championship season? Do you all have Fleetwood season tickets?

is he any better than Besic?
Well just look who’s posted it...

What are you on about? Just look who’s posted it? What’s that supposed to mean? I barely post. Why don’t I post sensibly? I just wanted a conversation. Don’t understand why you feel the need to get personal. You’ve never met me and probably never will. I don’t post very often, you have literally no idea about who I am or what makes me tick or what makes me post the stuff I do. It’s frankly a bit fucking weird that your response is to try to personally attack someone that you’ve never met and have no idea who they are. I half expect better from this forum than that level of post.

In response to your first post, he literally is performing to the standard he did for us in league one. He’s running games against a low block and finding a way to unlock games while sitting deep and spraying the ball around, much as he did for us and is managing to complete 90 minutes on a regular basis, so his fitness is clearly there. I’m not saying ‘let’s sign him and let him challenge Norwood’s place’ he’s clearly nailed his position down but is almost certain to get suspended and I’d say there was a 20% chance of him picking up aleither a red card or injury. Each position in the premier league is worth around a million quid. How many places would we slip down if Norwood was out and we didn’t have a like for like? We could sign Coutts for a million and cover that eventuality. That’s probably why wilder tried to sign him on a year extension.

If wilder came out on January 1st and said he’s signed Coutts for 800k on minimal wages in a 1 year deal, it would raise more than an eyebrow I agree but I don’t think there would be many on here that would be up in arms about the signing being a) a waste of money b) not a good culture fit c) not ideal cover for the last few months of the season and d) not a better choice than either completely changing the system to accommodate Lunny at CDM (which we have seen doesn’t suit him) and bringing in ravel Morrison to play lunny’s role or playing besic there, or moving Basham into CDM and playing jags as a non overlapping RCB.

I have replied to loads of these messages and welcome the debate but can’t be arsed to go onto more, thanks to the people who were polite and engaged in debate about it regardless if you didn’t agree with it. Fuck You to everyone that just tried to attack me as a person (that you’ve never met).

For the record, yes I will continue to get drunk and throw left field suggestions out there to get a debate going, and fucking get a grip if you don’t fancy a chat about it without being a knob.

Peace and love.

Thanks for the nice polite reply pal. I do agree with most of what you say to be honest. You’re probably right. It’s unbelievably leftfield, but if he had taken wilder up on the one year extension, he would be in our squad now, with the same ability he had before and the fitness to match. The 31 year old point you made is a bit redundant though because we’ve got quite a few of those already and it doesn’t seem to matter. Especially if it’s only 5 games a season. The only question mark everyone would have is ‘can he regain the same fitness and form he did before after his injury’ which he has proven he has, so in hindsight that would be a ‘yes’ so our fears would have been misplaced. Agree about the ‘moving on’ thing but if any signing is going to be coming in knowing they’re gonna be second fiddle to Norwood it does limit our market a little bit. I guess unless you imagine they’re gonna come straight into the first team and dislodge Norwood which is fine but our system with Norwood has certainly been really successful so far this season and it might be a bit risky to throw the baby out with the bath water and replace Norwood for someone ‘better’. I think he’s probably more important to the system than we realise.

Another point I’ll make in response to your ‘he couldn’t get in our championship side last year’ he had a broken leg mate. His ability is never in question, just his fitness, which he’s proved is back. The last time he played for us we were top of the championship weren’t we?

I completely agree with this sentiment. The thing about signing Brannigan, who I really like. I think the ideal scenario would be to sign both. Think of it like this.. if Norwood got injured for a month tomorrow, who would you feel more comfortable coming in? A fit, fresh, knowing the system Paul Coutts or Cameron Brannigan? Sure, he’s a good player but is he gonna slot in and know about enda and baldock’s runs? Know when to tuck in and know when to press? I think he’d be perfect in 18 months but coming in for a few games now, id personally rather have Coutts. Sign both, let Coutts fill in when needed and let Brannigan train with the squad until he is ready to replace Coutts/Norwood in my opinion.

This was my point exactly. Would personally rather have Coutts in the 25 right now than Clarke think. Good, useful players like him are hard to come by, and I think there was a reason Wilder offered him the year contract, because we do have a gaping hole behind Norwood if he gets injured or suspended. Fully respect Coutts for leaving for first team football though.

If you think that performing at the top of league one (and in Coutts case, the top of championship) doesn’t mean you can cut it in the prem as a squad player, perhaps you should have a word with wilder about dropping Basham, JOC, Fleck and Sharp? I agree his fitness was an issue and I was kind of behind him being released based on the injury, but hindsight dictates he’s back to those levels, so what’s the problem?

I’m all for debate, but you and I both know that’s a completely different conversation about ched and Coutts. You’re just being facetious and I’m not gonna rise to that. You know that’s a ridiculous comparison.

Fair enough mate bringing stats into it, those stats don’t scream ‘tearing it up’ but from anecdotal evidence from fleetwood fans, they say they’ve never had a midfielder like him and he completely makes them tick, just like we did when he was playing for us in league one. I’m not certain, but those specific chance creation stats probably weren’t off the charts for us, just from the eye test he was next level. I guess what I was saying was: assuming he was the same player we had the day before he broke his leg, would you have him back as a squad player? I personally would, if the alternative was nobody, which is the current situation.

E) I’m a pretty intelligent bloke and know a lot about football. I live and breathe it. Every league. I play every football manager game, listen to almost every single football, EFL, tactics and scouting podcasts currently available and subscribe to pretty much every literary publication available. I might be a fucking dick but I’m not uninformed or stupid.
F) thanks for your kind words. Perhaps you would be happier if this forum just closed down so you could just not talk football with anyone ever and sit in your echo chamber where everyone agrees with you and you never hear opinions you don’t like? Fuck off.

What he said.

What are you on about mate? Mcburnie scored yeah. I didn’t have an awful lot to do with it. It wasn’t me that crossed it in and I wasn’t in the VAR room giving the goal. Kind of irrelevant to this conversation really. I know I said I thought he would come good. So what? Has he come good? He just scored a decent chance, which has kind of defined his career so far. Hardly a hot take from me. Im talking about a completely hypothetical conversion here, much the same as ‘would you rather have messi or Ronaldo in this united side’ it’s just a chat, a debate, a conversation about football. There’s no need to be a bell end about it and try to get personal.

What are you on about? Just look who’s posted it? What’s that supposed to mean? I barely post. Why don’t I post sensibly? I just wanted a conversation. Don’t understand why you feel the need to get personal. You’ve never met me and probably never will. I don’t post very often, you have literally no idea about who I am or what makes me tick or what makes me post the stuff I do. It’s frankly a bit fucking weird that your response is to try to personally attack someone that you’ve never met and have no idea who they are. I half expect better from this forum than that level of post.

In response to your first post, he literally is performing to the standard he did for us in league one. He’s running games against a low block and finding a way to unlock games while sitting deep and spraying the ball around, much as he did for us and is managing to complete 90 minutes on a regular basis, so his fitness is clearly there. I’m not saying ‘let’s sign him and let him challenge Norwood’s place’ he’s clearly nailed his position down but is almost certain to get suspended and I’d say there was a 20% chance of him picking up aleither a red card or injury. Each position in the premier league is worth around a million quid. How many places would we slip down if Norwood was out and we didn’t have a like for like? We could sign Coutts for a million and cover that eventuality. That’s probably why wilder tried to sign him on a year extension.

If wilder came out on January 1st and said he’s signed Coutts for 800k on minimal wages in a 1 year deal, it would raise more than an eyebrow I agree but I don’t think there would be many on here that would be up in arms about the signing being a) a waste of money b) not a good culture fit c) not ideal cover for the last few months of the season and d) not a better choice than either completely changing the system to accommodate Lunny at CDM (which we have seen doesn’t suit him) and bringing in ravel Morrison to play lunny’s role or playing besic there, or moving Basham into CDM and playing jags as a non overlapping RCB.

I have replied to loads of these messages and welcome the debate but can’t be arsed to go onto more, thanks to the people who were polite and engaged in debate about it regardless if you didn’t agree with it. Fuck You to everyone that just tried to attack me as a person (that you’ve never met).

For the record, yes I will continue to get drunk and throw left field suggestions out there to get a debate going, and fucking get a grip if you don’t fancy a chat about it without being a knob.

Peace and love.

Check that post and what I’m responding to again...

Well, the OP certainly got a reaction! :D It's turned into a reight good read this one. But I'm lost now. I only wanted a short argument and I wanted to win it. 🤔

The amount of threads that get ruined on here because people can’t resist the temptation to personally attack each other is ridiculous. Grow up will you.

Whether you agree or not, the original post was well put and has made for a good debate by most.

I think it’s an interesting suggestion. Not one which would have crossed my mind. However I’m inclined to agree that we should be looking for an improvement on Norwood, rather than a backup. I think CW/AK will have already identified one and will be ready to pounce. Either that or they see Besic as that man.

Apologies for offence caused on my list of A) to F), I'm a sarcastic twat and sometimes think I'm much funnier than I actually am. I haven't been called a c*nt for a while, it brings back some great memories of my younger days when it happened often, thanks. Well done on staying off the drugs, it comes highly recommended by the medical profession and will save you a lot of money over your lifetime.

In summary I think the suggestion that Coutts would be a decent bench warmer for us in case Norwood gets injured is a daft one. No doubt he's a good player but he's a good player in the lower leagues at the moment because he's playing games. If he sat on our bench all season and played the odd game then his performance levels would reflect this.

If you look at the second post that in your drunken haze you perceived as a point made against you then you'll see that you are incorrect, maybe have a look at who I'm talking about McBurnie to when you've had an alka seltzer or two.

I'll remember in future to bow to your superior football knowledge from all the publications you read and all the football manager you play. I read Kick magazine with my son every month so my levels of football intellect aren't up their with yours but I'll work on it.

Back
Top Bottom