Pathetic Blades Turnout

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

less than 260 left tonight

thats not many for those who only decide to go on the day which has always been the case
not worth getting lairy about

wednesday had 8 seasons in the prem and 28000 was their best average and they are way way bigger than us , so they say

Depends on your family. Seriously though I take your point completely but what's also fucking bonkers is claiming watching the rugby at 9am is stopping people attending a game at 3pm.
I can’t disagree with that statement.

Me and mi dad were both “glory hunting, tourists” when he first took to the lane in 1972. I would have loved 47 years worth of loyalty points if they were available.
Everybody has to start somewhere and discouraging casuals and so called “tourists” isn’t going to help grow the fan base.

We hardly ever sold out even in the top division so the issue wouldn’t have arisen.

The way we sell tickets makes it virtually impossible to sell out. Despite that we are still averaging over 30k. Our crowds have been fine.

I didn’t think I’d be able to make it to the game, but circumstances changed so I went online after General Sale and got three seats together on the Kop.

I think the Points System works just fine.

The club has again released a batch of around 20 tickets at the bottom of H block. They really need to either to (a) be clear with fans on how tickets are released or (b) release them all in one go. It is no use doing this the day before a game when many will have looked and decided that they can't get one/can't sit where they want to and have gone on to make other plans.
They can't have been that bothered then

I didn’t think I’d be able to make it to the game, but circumstances changed so I went online after General Sale and got three seats together on the Kop.

I think the Points System works just fine.
According to the website they are still not on general sale.

Well yeah it obviously is an issue if Joe Bloggs can't go and watch United at the drop of a hat because of some daft ticketing policy
Losing a potential lifelong fan and new generation of fans

And we'll be able to fit them in, where? Oh yes, the new 45,000 seater stadium ;)

They can't have been that bothered then

There‘s1000’s that would like to go to our matches but as you say they‘re not that bothered.
They’ll come more for the social event that actually watching the Blades.....but of course a small percentage will catch the bug and that’s how you grow a fanbase.
It‘s easy to criticise our ticketing policy but at least genuine Blades are able to get tickets.

We hardly ever sold out even in the top division so the issue wouldn’t have arisen.
BDTBL held 49k back then but I can never recall it ever selling out. This could potentially be our most successful period in the “colour tv” era, yet our ground in probably the smallest it’s ever been in that time.

I'm always amazed by posts like these. The rugby starts at 9am. No excuse to miss the match. If it started at 3pm, still no excuse to miss the match! Bonfire parties, Halloween parties, so what. The game ends at 5pm. Surely enough time after to make the party still? I've spent 30 years of my working life using most of my leave to watch United. I know people who've left family abroad and bought a flight home early to get to a rearranged game. I dont find it hard to believe people have other things to do I just find it hard to accept how easily some fans aren't prepared to make the effort.

That's why the loyalty point system is so good!
Rewards us sort who don't make excuses not to go, surely no one seriously is using the rugby as an excuse?

Four times in recent years I have taken friends/family members to their first match at the Lane. 2 are now season ticket holders (1 was next door neighbours' son, who goes regularly to games with both his brothers now), and the other 2 go to matches whenever they can. We need to make it as easy as possible for this sort of thing to happen, for the long-term health of the club. And if the rest of you would just pull your fingers out a bit, we would have average crowds of about 100,000...
Edit: just noticed it's Bring a Friend weekend for season ticket holders. At least the club is moving in the right direction on this.
I’ve not seen that it’s bring a friend week. Whenever we’ve done it in the past I’ve always done it and ended up having a couple of them become season ticket holders themselves. I agree that these initiatives are really good but could be publicised better. I’ve not seen anything telling me this, we’re we emailed? Has it been on the radio?

BDTBL held 49k back then but I can never recall it ever selling out. This could potentially be our most successful period in the “colour tv” era, yet our ground in probably the smallest it’s ever been in that time.
Don't come on here bragging about your bloody 'colour tv'.
What's it like as a matter of interest ?

V poor today :cool:

It was indeed poor. As I marvelled at our superb passing and play whilst we led 1-0, in my peripheral vision I noticed hundreds walking away for that OH SO IMPORTANT drink or pie or whatever. So many must have missed 2-0 and 3-0, either on their way out or out. Just. Don’t. Get it. And. Never. Will.

Superb today. Love it.

It was indeed poor. As I marvelled at our superb passing and play whilst we led 1-0, in my peripheral vision I noticed hundreds walking away for that OH SO IMPORTANT drink or pie or whatever. So many must have missed 2-0 and 3-0, either on their way out or out. Just. Don’t. Get it. And. Never. Will.

Superb today. Love it.
Yes. Extraordinary. There were 8 minutes to go when the exodus began. Amazes me that more don't stay to applaud the team at the end, especially after a great performance like today's.

Team were shocking today, I mean, only winning by 3!, rubbish!

:p

Back
Top Bottom