Pathetic Blades Turnout

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've almost given up trying to buy a ticket because 1) I assume there aren't any 2) I don't understand the points system and can't be arsed with queueing for ages on the phone to find out.
It's probably took more effort to write that post than it would have to get a ticket

Pathetic turnout at a match that hasn't happened yet.
I'm more upset about the hypothetical bad result against a team preconceived to be weaker than us as some as yet undetermined point in the a future who's tragetory has not yet been chosen. Fuming, I will be.

I'm more upset about the hypothetical bad result against a team preconceived to be weaker than us as some as yet undetermined point in the a future who's tragetory has not yet been chosen. Fuming, I will be.
Me too. Fancy loising to them shithouses.

I've almost given up trying to buy a ticket because 1) I assume there aren't any 2) I don't understand the points system and can't be arsed with queueing for ages on the phone to find out.
Have you heard of the 'internet' ? You can buy stuff on it, including tickets for BDTBL. It's a reyt invention.

It will sell out now season ticket holders can buy extra, but this should happen every home game...

Be even worse when Wilder walks across and gives the finger to the kop (674 who didn't go) , and knocks some little kid out of his wheelchair. Cunts.

I'm surprised that you've reached that conclusion.

If I were to do a Risk vs Opportunity analysis of this situation I would definitely conclude that the likelihood of crowd trouble was minimal, vs the opportunities attached to attracting new fans whilst the club is at an all time commercial high.

The Risk - Away fans buy tickets in the home end.
There are numerous mitigations which can be taken, the obvious two that spring to mind
(1) Post Code checks on sales.
(2) Limit general sale purchases to 2 tickets per single transaction. A lot less likely to cause trouble when isolated.

But in honesty, even if away fans did infiltrate the home end the chance of trouble is highly unlikely. I can't remember many instances in the last 15 years of trouble of this nature.

The opportunities of attracting new fans & everything that brings should be fairly obvious.

I think the club has got this one horribly wrong. I have a friend, a Doctor in Sheffield, who is constantly using my customer number & bank card to purchase tickets to games. He wanted to bring 2 of his colleagues, big football fans now living in the city, but couldn't & the game wasn't even a sell out. It just seems stupid.
Opportunity - a few extra quid and the possibility of some additional potential supporters getting hooked.
Risk - Burnley, whilst a small club, are/were known to have a bit of a tasty firm. Proper twats. They might fancy taking on our coke boys. Likely? Not hugely but have there been any incidents in or around the Lane in the last few seasons? Yes, therefore there is a risk.
Would the consequences be severe? Probably when you see what shit SAG are giving the pigs.

So whilst there are some relatively small rewards, the consequences of the risk mean it’s probably not worth taking.

That’s how I see it, as there has to be a reason the owners are turning down the chance to make more money.

This is the highlight of the weekend over on the Pork grapevine.

I thought i'd check to see how empty the ground was on the online plan. BL upper sold out in the middle and not many left on the bit near the corner either. Hardly a empty ground. 30k yet again. Shameful.

This Saturday is the rugby final, also it’s when a lot of Halloween and bonfire stuff is going on.

I’m leaving at half time cause I’m out later that night and taxis are booked, I know it’s hard for some to believe but people have other things to do sometimes..

I agree the club may have deterred some from casually coming to the odd game, but when the half season tickets get offered and we’re in a good position, we probably will sell another 400+ Season tickets ( I know a few who are doing this to guarantee ST’s next season) ..

And 30:000 people paying their hard earned to watch football at the lane, that’ll do for me !

Opportunity - a few extra quid and the possibility of some additional potential supporters getting hooked.
Risk - Burnley, whilst a small club, are/were known to have a bit of a tasty firm. Proper twats. They might fancy taking on our coke boys. Likely? Not hugely but have there been any incidents in or around the Lane in the last few seasons? Yes, therefore there is a risk.
Would the consequences be severe? Probably when you see what shit SAG are giving the pigs.

So whilst there are some relatively small rewards, the consequences of the risk mean it’s probably not worth taking.

That’s how I see it, as there has to be a reason the owners are turning down the chance to make more money.

I just think the chance of very minor trouble occurring is so low, VS a very decent chance of enticing new fans to the Lane.

I just don't think it's likely, at all, that a decent sized group of thugs would enter the home end intent on causing trouble in this day & age.

Whereas there are now scores of new fans unable to attend games.

You don't need a ticket to be "around" the ground so if they want to come for bother they can still come.

I just don't get this fear of a sprinkling of visiting supporters in home territory from supporters of a team that has had support in home stands for every away game so far this season.

You don't need a ticket to be "around" the ground so if they want to come for bother they can still come.

I just don't get this fear of a sprinkling of visiting supporters in home territory from supporters of a team that has had support in home stands for every away game so far this season.
The last time I recall a few home fans being in the home end was when we played Leeds in the Worthington Cup, 17 years ago. Even that was low key.

This Saturday is the rugby final, also it’s when a lot of Halloween and bonfire stuff is going on.

I’m leaving at half time cause I’m out later that night and taxis are booked, I know it’s hard for some to believe but people have other things to do sometimes..

I agree the club may have deterred some from casually coming to the odd game, but when the half season tickets get offered and we’re in a good position, we probably will sell another 400+ Season tickets ( I know a few who are doing this to guarantee ST’s next season) ..

And 30:000 people paying their hard earned to watch football at the lane, that’ll do for me !

Have the club confirmed half ST’s will be available?

There's been United fans in home end most away games this season I ain't seen any bother

So why do you think there are restrictions? Do you think they’re just doing it to piss off the club’s fan base?

you said -

to which I replied

I didn't quote an anology, I quoted the precise situation I was in as a first time visitor to the Lane -

Your refusal to sell me a ticket based purely on post code could have subsequently cost the club tens of thousands of pounds in lost future income.

Is it really that difficult to understand my point?

In these days of ever increasing social mobility postcodes are becoming less and less of an indication of an individuals background so by blocking sales to specific postcodes (and yes, I know some clubs do it) you really are taking a sledgehammer to crack a very small nut.

Finally, I usually find that once people turn to hurling insults it's generally because they have nothing of relevance or value to add to a discussion and they are merely trying to save their face and their ego.

I have nothing further to add to this discussion, have a nice day :)
Here is a fine example of a fellow blade showing the kind of attitude others might consider.
At a time when Chris is creating unity and connection, fellow blades being rude to each other over differing opinions seems to me unnecessary and immature.
Subjective opinion of course.
I returned to Sheffield after 37 years away and it's changed as most places do. But the one thing that stands out still is how easy it is to engage with strangers. It's a great quality .
We are all to a degree estranged on here but is that an excuse for some to puff their chest out in an effort to " Be right"?
For me this site is a great place to connect with like minded individuals,despite not agreeing with everything folk say. But I always try to show humility and remember I am sharing opinion not facts.
I cringe at times and wonder how some discussions would play out sitting in a pub.
I suspect ambulances might be required .
Then in the cold light of day,regret and shame for losing the plot, but still defending ones ego because they just can't bear to admit they have been a bit daft.
So just because we are online where it's easy to hide behind brave words,it imho, gives us no excuse to "puff our virtual chests out" and abuse our own fans over split opinions. Let's leave that to others.
It's a forum not a school playground and I have no desire to patronise and will always support rationality.
After all , We're all Blades...............Aren't we? ;) UTB.

Here is a fine example of a fellow blade showing the kind of attitude others might consider.
At a time when Chris is creating unity and connection, fellow blades being rude to each other over differing opinions seems to me unnecessary and immature.
Subjective opinion of course.
I returned to Sheffield after 37 years away and it's changed as most places do. But the one thing that stands out still is how easy it is to engage with strangers. It's a great quality .
We are all to a degree estranged on here but is that an excuse for some to puff their chest out in an effort to " Be right"?
For me this site is a great place to connect with like minded individuals,despite not agreeing with everything folk say. But I always try to show humility and remember I am sharing opinion not facts.
I cringe at times and wonder how some discussions would play out sitting in a pub.
I suspect ambulances might be required .
Then in the cold light of day,regret and shame for losing the plot, but still defending ones ego because they just can't bear to admit they have been a bit daft.
So just because we are online where it's easy to hide behind brave words,it imho, gives us no excuse to "puff our virtual chests out" and abuse our own fans over split opinions. Let's leave that to others.
It's a forum not a school playground and I have no desire to patronise and will always support rationality.
After all , We're all Blades...............Aren't we? ;) UTB.
So you read a lot of Akinbiyi's posts do you. 😉

I think it's because they just don't know what they're doing.

They have no strategy and they're making it up as they go along.
Well, that’s the impression they give but the whole idea of restricting tickets must have come from somewhere. There must be a driver behind it, or they’d have just carried on what they were doing in previous seasons.
Has it come from within the club? The PL? SAG?
It would help if they clarified why they’re doing it, even if we don’t agree with their reasons.
Is this down to the boardroom issues? By that, I mean have they left decisions to people who aren’t capable of making effective strategic decisions? Some people are good day to day organisers or administrators but not necessarily good at long term thinking and planning.

What if they've got a Sheffield postcode and it's their first match? E.g. a Burnley fan living in Sheffield?
Yes, we need to ensure that all four of them don’t create mayhem amongst the 30,000 of us. :)

There was no trouble last time we were here, with none of this nonsense.

It's an interesting subject this , maybe one day a bigger stadium will apply to us .
Quite a few clubs have built new grounds with a big increase in capacity ,accepted London is a different kettle of fish but !
Arsenal and spurs both had capacities of approximately 38000 both now have stadiums holding 60000 and can fill them ,
they must have had thousands who couldnt get in.
Brighton after losing there goldstone ground were playing in a stadium holding 7000.
They build a new one and bingo 30000 turn up.They must have had thousands of frustrated fans.
We do have over 50000 names on our website ! a few years of successful premiership football should grow that substantially would it be worth bringing capacity up to say 45000?
Interesting? or what.

Right, my shoes are off, until you fuckers that aren't taking your cats own up!!!!!!

Well, that’s the impression they give but the whole idea of restricting tickets must have come from somewhere. There must be a driver behind it, or they’d have just carried on what they were doing in previous seasons.
Has it come from within the club? The PL? SAG?
It would help if they clarified why they’re doing it, even if we don’t agree with their reasons.
Is this down to the boardroom issues? By that, I mean have they left decisions to people who aren’t capable of making effective strategic decisions? Some people are good day to day organisers or administrators but not necessarily good at long term thinking and planning.

SAG are heavily involved at both Bramall Lane and Hillsboro.
Any ticketing scheme must be agreed by SAG, suspect the selling restrictions are down to SAG who monitor everything on a game by game basis.
Would surprise me if our actual capacity, number of tickets we’ve been allowed to sell has been different for every home match to date.
SAG seem like control freaks.....that’s why there’s no obvious consistent pattern.

Back
Top Bottom