Out of work managers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Neil Warnock
Daniel Farke
Steve Bruce
Nuno Espirito-Santos
Frank Lampard
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
Big Sam
Jonathan Woodgate
Mick McCarthy
Tony Pulis

Have I missed any?

Time for the once and future king to return to Avalon.

3324093190.jpg

David James put his hand up for the job whilst reporting on it at Sky Sports.?

It's probably hecky I'd be surprised if we go after Farke or something

Steve bloody Bruce. I can see it now.

I reckon Billy would walk if they gave it Colin. I certainly would.

Fuck it, lets just make player managers a thing again and give it Billy

1637837163569.png

Wait, if you owned a club a continent away, had no money but wanted to keep the fans on side, wouldn't the ideal solution be Billy Sharp?

Basically a free signing.

You can gaurantee that whoever it is….the vast majority of our fans will say it’s a poor decision and the new man will be under immediate pressure.

Journalist Alan Biggs has suggested that Neil Warnock ‘would strongly fancy a return’ to Sheffield United, amid reports that Slavisa Jokanovic is set to be axed.​

The Telegraph’s John Percy reported this morning that Jokanovic is set to leave Sheffield United after just 19 Championship games at the helm.

Journalist Alan Biggs has suggested that Neil Warnock ‘would strongly fancy a return’ to Sheffield United, amid reports that Slavisa Jokanovic is set to be axed.​

The Telegraph’s John Percy reported this morning that Jokanovic is set to leave Sheffield United after just 19 Championship games at the helm.
Does Randox do botox?

Neil Warnock
Daniel Farke
Steve Bruce
Nuno Espirito-Santos
Frank Lampard
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
Big Sam
Jonathan Woodgate
Mick McCarthy
Tony Pulis

Have I missed any?
I think only Warnock, Bruce or possibly Big Sam could get anything out of our lot in the short term. The aim really is to get a tune out of McBurnie, Brewster etc and get them sold in the summer or maybe even Jan.

Billy and Warnock don't get on plus 50% of the fans hate him (and it means the return of Blackwell).

Farke would fare no better than Slav. Nuno and Lampard wouldn't want it.

Pulis and McCarthy are finished plus we don't have the players for Rugby Union.

Don't rate Woodgate or Solskjaer (who probably has eyes on Norway national team job).

Mark Hughes is another that's out of work that would take it but would be a thoroughly depressing appointment.

Last edited:

Kjetil Knutsen has been an absolute sensation managing Bodø/Glimt in Norway. They've finished 2nd, 1st and are looks set to win again this season. They've also done pretty well in Europe, beating Roma 6-1 at home. In the return fixture, Mourinho was determined to get his revenge and played a stronger side, but only just managed a 2-2 draw. Along the way Knutsen has sold a lot of players for big money, but replaced them with cheap, young talents.

He plays 4-3-3 and wants his teams to dominate possession at all times. He's very specific and demanding about what he wants the players to do, and the football Bodø/Glimt have played has baffled me. I didn't think a Norwegian club team could be able to play like that.

The biggest club in Norway Rosenborg want him, and he was apparently a contender for the Norwich job. Lack of experience abroad is obvious, and he would probably want to change a lot of the squad to get in younger, fitter players, able to play high energy, dynamic football.

Back
Top Bottom