Our Friends From Rotherham Up Next .

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doing well so far Rotherham, expect a toughie.

Always gets me how Wednesday fans get wound up that there is a bit (Not alot) of respect between us and Rotherham United.
I put it mainly down to when they were struggling and we helped them out more than them up the road. Whether that was support as a club, offering loan players or even just the collections at the ground etc.
Also, because we realise that they can be a good side who shouldn't be underestimated based on the size of their fan base.

Wednesday would have won this one 5-0 already, if they were in our position right now and expecting 30K+.

I've looked at the SU ticket site and even with 5 days to go, tickets sales already much better than normal, best early ticket sales of the season to date.
South stand already close to selling out (10 tickets left). BLUT centre section also close to capacity (about 50 tickets left). Kop already pretty full too.

Should be our first over 30K attendance of the season, can't wait.

Tickets selling really well.
South stand already sold out
9 left in the BLUT corner section
Only 20 left in the BLUT middle section, still plenty left in the far wing.
Away end already sold out, think they were offered 2,700.
This is already pretty much guaranteed to be the biggest crowd of the season.

Just had a listen to there manager on praise and grumble and he comes across very well, very well spoken and honest. Like his attitude towards players and work rate. Quite a likeable chap

Agree....I remember when he got the job a few year back.
He was the physiotherapist at RUFC and only took the managers job temporarily to help the owner as they had no one else.
I remember Warne admitting on the radio that he doubt's he's good enough to be an actual manager and also said he's finding the job really stressful and difficult.
Thought....wow....there's honesty for you.....he's basically taking himself out of the running to be the next permanent RU manager.

Also a few times when he's being interviewed on Radio Sheffield he comes close to being in tears....obviously an emotional guy who wears his heart on his sleeve.
Seems a genuine "good guy", no wonder he manages to persuade players to run through brick walls for him.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a very tough game, Rotherham may be a side with no big star players but they work as a team and very effectively I might add. No time for any sentiment on Saturday we need to go out and beat them, that said I don't mind Rotherham at all what you see is what you get no airs and graces. That they have become something of a hate object to those piggies is hilarious but expected, the S6 massive do have to find someone who they can claim to be bigger than. The Rotherham fans do seem to have a knack of winding up the pig fans, you gotta laugh. It seems even the Dingles go to "the old slag" and take the piss nowadays 🤣

I always assume that Wednesday fans dislike the Millers more than we do because they are always winning at Hillsborough. They haven’t won at the Lane since 1980, but they’ve won 7 times at the Sty since then (once on pens)

Head to head, us v Rotherham: W20 D8 L8
Head to head, Pigs v Rotherham: W21 D7 L15

I always assume that Wednesday fans dislike the Millers more than we do because they are always winning at Hillsborough. They haven’t won at the Lane since 1980, but they’ve won 7 times at the Sty since then (once on pens)

Head to head, us v Rotherham: W20 D8 L8
Head to head, Pigs v Rotherham: W21 D7 L15

Also I think they scored last minute winners at Hillsboro 2 seasons running, imagine the scenes.

An old Wednesday pal told me their fans were giving it large down Leppings Lane after the match.
These days Millers don't seem to fear or respect Sheffield Wednesday FC and it really riles them ha ha
The fact that Wednesday fans rise to the banter from Millers, just makes Owls fans look small time.
Those 2 clubs do seem to have a genuine rivalry going, it's funny to watch from the sidelines.

A nailed on 0-0, but we win on injuries 6-5.

I hate it when we expect to win it’s not the Blades way! Rotherham have already started to upset the form book this season as they were favourites to go down I’m hoping a powerful display from us may clinch a win but it’ll be no walk in the park we never stick to the script. I offer my respect to the Millers but hoping we carry on in a rich vein of form.

Rotherham have sold all their allocation 👏
Will be our first 30000 attendance this season

Hoping that the Merry Millers aren't so Merry come 5pm on Satdi. I like the club and the fans are a realistic lot like us.

Really hope Rotherham stay above the pigs and dingles for years to come.

All the best Rotherham - except when they play us of course :)

UTMB

Still way below the Wendy turnouts 😭

They've all been raving about their 27K attendance against Barnsley
and complaining about the embarrassing away support from Barnsley because they only took 2,500 to their ground.

Here's me thinking their super dooper attendance against Barnsley is below our current average.
27K is nothing special. We had 28K when we played Bolton in league 1 and that with less than 2K Bolton fans.
It also again demonstrates that SW can only break 30K when away teams take 5K to their ground.
Hence why they are always extra critical of away support, where as away support at BL is usually insignificant and we just accept it as normal.

I think we are quite similar fan bases, down to earth and are fairly humble and don't really have any reason to hate each other.
Wendies are just bitter and jealous and can't understand how millers hate them but not us. It's funny how all local teams despise Wendy and even other clubs such as Brighton and Charlton laugh at their arrogance.
My favourite one was Huddersfield fans after their play off game vs pigs a few years back, they made a video about ‘massivus deludimus’ - will try to find it

Why are we playing at home the same time as Rotherham ? when we are the Premier club , seems wrong and will cost them and us gate/pie money etc .

I'm trying but I can't, how much pie money do you think it will cost both clubs?
What about as stated gate money , probably a couple of hundred watch the other team , when unable to get an away ticket for the Satdi fix , maybe not you but plenty of others .

Why are we playing at home the same time as Rotherham ? when we are the Premier club , seems wrong and will cost them and us gate/pie money etc .
when’s this then
Rotherham away 1st game aren’t they?

Back
Top Bottom