Our Friends From Rotherham Up Next .

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Got a lot of time for Rov'rum and Paul Warne. Good to see them make a rare good start to life back in the Championship, even with Wensdeh poaching their "best players".

That said, I can't see them pinching a result against us at the weekend. We're an absolute steam train at home and with the form we're in it'll take a gargantuan effort to stop us. As long as we maintain the levels and avoid any complacency, it should be a relatively comfortable home win.

I imagine they'll be more competitive than they have been for a good while, though. Expecting a good contest.

McBurnie to get 4/4..?

Sod it.

He'll get more, 6/4.

COYRAWW.

Very fit side and excellent at set pieces , can see a high scoring game 4 v 2 to us ?

I'd be hugely disappointed if we concede 2 goals at home to them. No disrespect whatsoever but pushing our GD is very important. If we keep GC under 1 per game whilst scoring an average of 2 we are on for top 2. We won't average 4 per game so need to keep it as tight at the back as we have in our opening 8 games.

I love playing up to the miller's love in when ever there's any Wendy about 😂 met a miller in Skeggy a few week back at pub, congratulated the cup win and promotion. Pigs on other table "can you hear this" to each other.

I did something similar on my Wednesdayite mates stag do. Asked if I could get a picture of me and his cousin, who was a Rotherham fan.

As he was taking the picture of us we started grinning and said, "Hey Jonny, Blades and Millers for life".

"Fuck off and get a room you pair of cunts" Was his response.

We'd better hope the Shirecliffe Sniper doesn't target our defenders this week 🙄

I love playing up to the miller's love in when ever there's any Wendy about 😂 met a miller in Skeggy a few week back at pub, congratulated the cup win and promotion. Pigs on other table "can you hear this" to each other.

The thing I find funny is that there's a real rivalry forming between Owls and Millers.
I speak to a few Wednesday fans and they really really dislike Rotherham.....as though they are a genuine rivals ha ha.
They take the piss out of their small stadium and small crowds and like to repeat that they are "a bigger club"

I always tell them let the Mighty Millers have their glory. Trying to belittle them makes SW fans appear small time.
If RU means nothing to Owls then why is there so much emotion and vitriol?

Personally I've always like Rotherham United and always want them to do well.
Also really like Paul Warne, he's so down to earth and honest when he speaks on the radio, probably too honest.

Think Saturday will be tough, RU always seem to perform well when they are underdogs.
Expect it to be 0-0 for much of the match and really tough. It we can score an early goal then it could become like the Blackburn and Reading matches
but the longer it remains 0-0 then the tougher it becomes.

I'm expecting a tight 1-0 win or might even be a 1-1 draw.

Last edited:
I've looked at the SU ticket site and even with 5 days to go, tickets sales already much better than normal, best early ticket sales of the season to date.
South stand already close to selling out (10 tickets left). BLUT centre section also close to capacity (about 50 tickets left). Kop already pretty full too.

Should be our first over 30K attendance of the season, can't wait.

Last edited:

We played them in a behind closed doors friendly recently and warne had a sleepless night after, we outclassed them that much

I can only see a battering for Rovrum. Gonna have a bet on 4 nowt, so given my betting prowess Rovrum will win 2-1.

I beg to differ… although Lady HB hasn’t lived there in 30 years. But as they say, you can take the girl out of Rotherham but..
I'm with you, I live with a Millers ST holder in Rotherham and she's fit 😁

We're a bit quiet this week though or it it'd be 🥊🥊

I'll have a bet on Rotherham to win and we're nailed on to get at least a point.

Harder game than most expect this one. They're playing well and as a team from what I read and hear.

Really like Warne, good they've stuck with him.

Pigs call them Lil' United, possibly as we supported them with players etc when they were on their arses and I suspect their hatred stems from there, however they have a better ground, better team and higher current league postion so their argument falls down, obviously no where near as many fans though.....

If Rotherham's away tickets get to general sale, they can purchase up to FIVE tickets per "customer" number.

Contrast that with United, where the process for bringing a mate with you to Bramall Lane requires written approval from The Queen, a DNA test and a fucking rectal probe.

Doing well so far Rotherham, expect a toughie.

Always gets me how Wednesday fans get wound up that there is a bit (Not alot) of respect between us and Rotherham United.
I put it mainly down to when they were struggling and we helped them out more than them up the road. Whether that was support as a club, offering loan players or even just the collections at the ground etc.

Doing well so far Rotherham, expect a toughie.

Always gets me how Wednesday fans get wound up that there is a bit (Not alot) of respect between us and Rotherham United.
I put it mainly down to when they were struggling and we helped them out more than them up the road. Whether that was support as a club, offering loan players or even just the collections at the ground etc.
This helping them out has grown to be bit of a overated fact for the Millers , it was a few low key bucket collections at South-Yorkshire clubs , plus Warnnock loaned them Quinny , which was good for us also .so hardly much to beat them with , No Star save our club campaign for them.

I think we are quite similar fan bases, down to earth and are fairly humble and don't really have any reason to hate each other.
Wendies are just bitter and jealous and can't understand how millers hate them but not us. It's funny how all local teams despise Wendy and even other clubs such as Brighton and Charlton laugh at their arrogance.

Back
Top Bottom