Other English Teams You Like

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep. I'm bored.

Which teams (if any) other the mighty Blades do you have a soft spot for and why?

I'll kick us off.

Spurs - Was a huge Gazza fan growing up and always like how they play

Everton - Uncle is from just outside Liverpool and I used to go to quite a few matches with him - proper club

Bradford - One of my first away matches (was about 8 years old) and always remember being sat in a beer garden chatting to their fans, who were dead friendly and playing on the climbing frame/swings with their kids

Portsmouth - Same as Everton story really. Local relative and all that

Chesterfield - Where I live now so always like to see them do well

Borussia Dortmund - Met a guy on holiday in Turkey a few years back who was part of the technical staff there - Lovely bloke who had some amazing stories to tell and even posted out a home shirt to my lad when he got back - Will be going there next season to take in a game or two

Sampdoria - Bought one of their shirts when I was young on holiday and kept an eye out for them ever since

EDIT: Apologies should be "other teams" not "other english teams"

I can honestly say none.

I’ve admired the football played by many over the years, and still do. Last season I thought Fulham played some great football for example. I was glad they went up. They deserved it.

But I feel nothing towards them or any other club except the Blades.

Lincoln City, as our lass is from Lincoln and her and her mates are all Imps. After all those crappy times for them in non league, it was two excited households as us Blades and them won our respective leagues in the same season. If the worse ever happened and CW ever left us, I wouldn't mind somebody like the Cowleys coming to do a job for us...

Sheffield United is the only team I truly support.

But if it's teams we like, then I'd say Spurs, for the same reasons others have given. I'd like for them to win the PL title as a reward for their attacking football and general positive approach to the game.

Abroad, I have a big love for Benfica, as one of my best friends is from Lisbon and took me to a match when I went there for a visit. Fantastic atmosphere and an amazing city.

Other than that, during every World Cup I usually pick one other team other than England to support, just for fun. Usually a side with some talented players and attractive to watch but who are underdogs. So someone like Peru, Senegal or Japan.

Hibernian
Crystal Palace
Rotherham
Tottenham
Bristol Rovers
Plymouth Argyle

Don’t understand why people like Charlton, I once got dumped by a bird I was seeing at Butlins for a Charlton fan and then a few years ago my dislike for Charlton was enhanced by a random fan trying to thump me coming out of the Valley

The two sides that remind me most of my late parents: Aldershot and Man City
Always had a soft spot for Newcastle, liked Malcolm McDonald back in the day
Have a few friends who are Grimsby fans. Still went home and away even in non-league.

No one really but I look out for the results of local teams (except for the unclean).

More interested in teams in other countries. Real Betis, PSV, Saint Ettiene.

Always liked Southampton, I think from when I was a yoof and they played in red and white. Also loved Le Tissier.

Soft spot for Al Wasl now they're my local team

Yep. I'm bored.

Which teams (if any) other the mighty Blades do you have a soft spot for and why?

I'll kick us off.

Everton - Uncle is from just outside Liverpool and I used to go to quite a few matches with him - proper club

Bradford - One of my first away matches (was about 8 years old) and always remember being sat in a beer garden chatting to their fans, who were dead friendly and playing on the climbing frame/swings with their kids

Borussia Dortmund - Met a guy on holiday in Turkey a few years back who was part of the technical staff there - Lovely bloke who had some amazing stories to tell and even posted out a home shirt to my lad when he got back - Will be going there next season to take in a game or two

Sampdoria - Bought one of their shirts when I was young on holiday and kept an eye out for them ever since

Sturm Graz.. lived there 3 years.. have a soft spot for Millwall. (controversial) :D

Rangers: Love the British flags waving and their pride in being British. On a side note, never get why English people say they like Celtic when Celtic are essentially the republican club and as a result despise the English but there you go.
this .. i'm up in Scotland atm and the Rangers lads are great . the only bollocks i get it from Celtic people. so much so i was advised 'not to watch England in the local Celtic boozer' . twats.
that and the Fleck connection i'm turning them into closet Blades. i have a few closet Blades in Austria as well :D

Yep. I'm bored.

I'll kick us off.

You will not have had much fun these last two years at the Proact then?

this .. i'm up in Scotland atm and the Rangers lads are great . the only bollocks i get it from Celtic people. so much so i was advised 'not to watch England in the local Celtic boozer' . twats.
that and the Fleck connection i'm turning them into closet Blades. i have a few closet Blades in Austria as well :D
The more Blades the better.
I dislike Rangers due to the history of bigotry.
No Catholics then......

I get you on that. I recall videos of the Wales squad celebrating the Iceland affair in 2016.
caused a bit of a row in the office. i was an innocent bystander.. one of the lasses from HR (who didn't seem to understand football to be fair) was fucking livid they weren't supporting England.. she's a big lass an' all :D

That Spurs game was great, i was as usual back then on the kop. A School mate at the time listened to it on the radio, said we were so loud that at times it was hard to hear the commentator.
Think we went 2 down.
Oh, and Charlton, great club and ground.
Was there myself , 2-0 down at half time , them and Bolton went up that season two very good teams then
Oh and I got a lovely scarf ( Spurs ) as a souvenir
And had a soft spot for them since

I support two teams to be fair: Sheffield United and the team playing Wednesday on the day!

I do respect and like to see a few other clubs do well though:

Rangers: Love the British flags waving and their pride in being British. On a side note, never get why English people say they like Celtic when Celtic are essentially the republican club and as a result despise the English but there you go.

Newcastle and Sunderland: Proper clubs, amazing support - particularly Newcastle and I love the accent.

Bristol Rovers: Similar views to others. They are very passionate fans to be fair.

Rotherham United: Surprised more people not listed the Millers. They don't like Wednesday obviously and we've had a bond with them from the Warnock days.

I also really respect Wolves, Burnley and Portsmouth for their support over the years.
Both Rangers and Celtic are sectarian scum buckets ,
There’s reasons for it but I haven’t the time patience and much better things to be doing with my life than worrying about Billy boys and Taig suffering
Both teams are fucking shit ( easy to be good in a one team league )
But a brief summary is
Ahh fuck it can’t be arsed ,
And that’s not slating our flag btw

Stockport - lived near there for 4 years as a student and often went as they played Friday nights, they also had a few ex Blades playing including an ex school mate of mine.
St Johnstone - was told they were the only league team in Britain with a J in their name, so looked out for their results since I was about 6.
Juventus - but not that bothered since the match fixing, same reason as St Johnstone
Lokomotive Leipzig - Just remember them playing a few English teams in Europe in the 70's and 80's. Finally got to see them about 18 months ago

Growing up I was in Ecclesfield & unfortunately all my school mates were pig fans so i did go to Swillsborough once or twice. I must stress I wasn't allowed to go to the 'Lane on my own until I was around 13 or so, so had no choice, if I wanted to see a game I had to go there with my mates. I did like the Manchester United side with Charlton, Law, Best etc & went to see them hoping they would murder them, only for Jack Witham to score a hat trick & they ended up getting beat 5-4. (I did play with Witham at Hallam many years later & told him he was a twat)!
I was 11 then & that was the last time I went, other than to watch the Blades later.
My dad was on Chesterfields books but after getting my mum up the duff aged 16 he was forced to leave & get a "proper job" to support us, so I always used to look out for their results, but really it was the Blades, just the Blades. Always was, always will be.

Other english teams?

Spurs (Because of all the Ajax players)
QPR ( Lovely stadium and got a personal stadiumtour when I was there on holiday)

I also don't mind West Ham United and Leyton Orient, but not watching any games of them.

Hey mate I'm a Blade from Dundonald and Glens fan.
georgethecat Blades r us
In which case, can I recommend to you both a superb article in the forthcoming Dem Blades Annual Steve Mackan
An award winning Beer Blogger (award "pending") has written about the Blades Social Club in East Belfast & it's unusual Door Policy.
Get one ordered....

Arnold Town, I lived in Arnold from 84-88 and I first introduced my son to the joys of live football, although he was more interested in the Lion bar from the local newsagent on the way to the games.

Maidenhead United. I lived there for 11 years and watched them whenever they were playing and I couldn't get to United games. Alan Devonshire was their manager then and he's back there now. I'm really pleased that they have not only risen to the National League but they stayed up too. Smashing small town club. You will note that Bramall Lane is claimed to be the oldest PROFESSIONAL ground in the world. The word Professional is important as York Road Maidenhead is reportedly THE oldest ground in the world.

Everton, My best mate in Maidenhead was a proper blue scouse Evertonian and he helped keep me sane whilst I lived down there. Also, I've had some great away days at Everton without any of the bother I always seemed to find at the other side of Stanley Park.

Notts County & Mansfield Town. Saw a fair bit of both of these when I lived in Arnold. Always enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendliness at Meadow Lane and as I played football in the Mansfield Sunday League many of my mates were Stags fans. Saw them win the Freightrover at Wembley against Bristol City with Kenworthy scoring for them in a penalty shoot out.

Don't mind:-

QPR
, had a few mates in Maidenhead that supported them and it is always a good away day.

Charlton & Bristol Rovers. Decent fans, good banter and a good day out.

Bradford & Huddersfield. Again decent fans, a good day out and they share my joint hatred of all things LUFC. Would love us to be in the top division with both of them with Leeds and Wednesday scrabbling about in the National Leagues.

georgethecat Blades r us
In which case, can I recommend to you both a superb article in the forthcoming Dem Blades Annual Steve Mackan
An award winning Beer Blogger (award "pending") has written about the Blades Social Club in East Belfast & it's unusual Door Policy.
Get one ordered....

I know the blades social club. Not far from the oval.

georgethecat Blades r us
Get one ordered....
Cheers mate. Where do i get one of these? The Blades club only bar I know of don't allow women in it lol

Not sure why anyone likes AFC Wimbledon. While what happened to Wimbledon FC was appalling, AFCW bought Kingstonian's ground out from under them, then sold it to Chelsea leaving them homeless and playing half an hour away in Leatherhead, while also killing off greyhound racing in Wimbledon by building their new stadium on it. Rather than the MK Dons experience making them a nice, plucky underdog for the community, they're basically emulating the thing they claim to despise and riding roughshod over anything that stands in their way.

I like other teams in red and white stripes, except Stoke.

Back
Top Bottom