Only me who likes Brewster?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think there’s a player in him too but no use if he plays 4 games a season, last year of his contract loan him out see how he gets on.

So unlucky with injuries but i reckon he will be like a new player for us next season.
Tremendous finisher who could get a bucket full of goals in the Championship.
I everyone blind?
A nice bloke, but he has no more physical capacity to play a season of league football than I do.

He strikes the ball really well, he tries hard l.

Beyond that, I've not seen anything that makes me think he's going to have a better career than someone like Lee Gregory

Attitude seems spot on considering he’s had an absolutely miserable time personally since he arrived. I do like him, I’m just not doing this again gestures at OP

Edit: I know he’ll have been well paid while he’s been having a miserable time. But that doesn’t always lead to someone not turning into a pain in the arse anyway.

Attitude seems spot on considering he’s had an absolutely miserable time personally since he arrived. I do like him, I’m just not doing this again gestures at OP
If United continue to try and make him into a 35+ game starter then he's going to play about 8 games and not score before his leg falls off. Change his training regimen, try and get 3 x 20 min sub apps a month out of him (same with Tom Davies) and shake hands at the end of next season before he goes on his way.

By the time he leaves he'll have earned more money from United than any other player in the clubs history, by a sizable amount

I hope one day someone can ram this down my throat when he scores 25 goals in a season for us but…..

He’s absolutely fucking crap.

He has no idea positionally what to do on a football pitch, he shoots from miles away when he gets it, he runs around like a demented Labrador trying to look busy.

Seriously, if you’ve seen ‘talent’ in Brewster it’s not been in a Blades shirt because he’s done nothing in his time here to suggest he’s anything other than a massive waste of doctors bills, transfer fees and wages.

Good cheerleader though.

I think some people have confused "tremendous finisher" with "can smash the ball very hard".

In fact that penalty he took for us at the Bramall Lane demonstrated the latter but not the former.

In years to come, when the dust has settled and historians begin to reflect on Jürgen Klopp's time as Liverpool manager, they will all generally agree that his greatest achievement was getting Sheffield United to pay TWENTY THREE AND A HALF MILLION POUNDS for Rhian fucking Brewster.

Plenty of players were at the top of the world at 14/15/16 and didn't make it
Yes you buy potential but it relies on injury free and coaching staff bringing out his potential. I was told by someone that if someone tells you they scout the best talent and have an eye for it they talk shit. The best club scouts are those that choose players that they know their coaches will be able to improve.

Ability wise, he's half good / half bad

Fitness wise he's arguably not the best

Seems a decent enough lad. Hasn't done any rapes

Our aim for him should be about 20 appearances, mainly from the bench. Then he can contribute, and hopefully average it down to only 3m per goal

Yes you buy potential but it relies on injury free and coaching staff bringing out his potential. I was told by someone that if someone tells you they scout the best talent and have an eye for it they talk shit. The best club scouts are those that choose players that they know their coaches will be able to improve.
All fair points. I'd just argue that United bought Brewster based on his rep as a 16 year old (pre injuries) as much as a few goals behind closed doors for Swansea in a season where trying appeared optional for a lit of games

By the time he leaves he'll have earned more money from United than any other player in the clubs history, by a sizable amount

£35k pw over 5 years is £9.1million pounds

The average wage in the UK is £30 grand a year

So what Rhian has “earned” from us in 5 years, it would take me or you 303years to earn - 300 fuckin years😂 - yes that’s the size of this clusterfuck of a signing, yet people come on here and defend the situation, fuck sake.

Worse signing in football history since Winston Bogarde

Always thought that there’s a player in there. It’s just he’s unable to show it

I think we know what’s coming with him? He’ll finally overcome his injury nightmare and it’ll be in his final contract year

They, 70's doctors, rebuilt this guy into a super human for only 6 million dollars. Our doctors have rebuilt Rhian for about the same. With today's technology, Brewster should run rings, literally, around the opposition next season.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
So unlucky with injuries but i reckon he will be like a new player for us next season.
Tremendous finisher who could get a bucket full of goals in the Championship.
I everyone blind?

Based on value for money he's the worst player ever to play for us.

Always injured and looks clueless and lazy every time he plays, to think we could have bought eze for about £8m less makes me feel sick

All fair points. I'd just argue that United bought Brewster based on his rep as a 16 year old (pre injuries) as much as a few goals behind closed doors for Swansea in a season where trying appeared optional for a lit of games
No they didn’t. When they recruit players they know about what they are like in academies from as early as 10 years old. Rhian wasn’t bought on a whim.

I like him as a player but… surely pound for pound not only worst signing we have ever made but one of worst in football full stop - considering our position, status, cost etc. Think about it - can you name a worse signing?
Had he not been at United for as long as he has been, four years this summer, I would have said no but some of the players I would have said are worse than him didn't spend as long as that with us.

It does make me wonder if his lack of fitness this season has to do with the problems we've been having with the medical department.

Perhaps it might have been better to send him out on loan somewhere in January and see if a run of games might have helped him stay fit and find some form.

No they didn’t. When they recruit players they know about what they are like in academies from as early as 10 years old. Rhian wasn’t bought on a whim.
Bang on, except he was.

I actually feel for the lad . He was obviously a talented youngster and it wasn't his fault someone spent the transfer money and offered him his wages. His body has let him down, simple as that .

Big fan of this being a metric on judging players.
Talking of metrics i was sat with Berge’s parents last season and who should turn up but Jamie Hoyland and he introduced himself to his parents saying that he had the worst journey of his life (weather etc scouting his son when he was a teenager stating that he had travelled all that distance in driving snow to watch him be injured 10 mins in) he laughed and said he might have ended up an Everton player.

Plenty of players were at the top of the world at 14/15/16 and didn't make it
A certain Harry Gray is currently such a player. Everyone in the business know that he is outstanding (i’ve seen him play in a team as a ringer in Leeds and the boys were 3 years older and no one could get near him). Man City had him and lost him and now he’s back with his club of choice at 15. This boy is a different type of player to his brother but is brilliant, can you buy him? Do you want him? Can you afford him? but will he achieve his potential, those in the know will tell you yes and if he was 16 he’d walk into that team that played today.

I think there is a player in Brewster who to be fair has had some huge setbacks while here. For the amount we paid for him you have to give him every chance to come good. He has pace, strength and a terrific shot with both feet. I do think he tries too hard at times, he wants to do well and I think he will when he relaxes more. He does still have work to do on his positioning off the ball etc but that can be coached, he needs a run of games badly. You just know if we boot him out he will come good elsewhere, is he better than Osula or Jebbo? Yes definitely.

Back
Top Bottom