One day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have no idea really we can all just presume, the majority of Blades believe there is something rotten enough behind the scenes to make the manager leave. He has always been honest with us and he is one of us so people are always going to side with wilder over a Saudi Prince that’s owned the club 5 minutes.
The sad thing is that it looks like there is an NDA and we won’t ever get to learn about what’s gone off. If this is the case it’s this I am most disappointed with wilder about.

I've said for 3 months that we'll need to trim the squad and sell players who may cause the fans to be upset. I've said it over and over. But I was told by nearly everyone that I was wrong.

You don't have an owner who isn't a billionaire, spend £200m on fees and wages over 2 seasons, sort out the mortgage and manage the pandemic in a relegation season and not have to make decent sized cuts to your outgoings.
We'll likely have the 2nd or 3rd biggest Championship wage bill next season. I don't think our fans realise that the differences in wages between the PL and Ch are huge. The saving grace is that we don't pay PL wages.

We're going to sell players but we'll struggle to sell the poorer ones as everyone will be on relatively high wages in the Championship. The key aspect will be the replacements we bring in.

We'll likely have the 2nd or 3rd biggest Championship wage bill next season. I don't think our fans realise that the differences in wages between the PL and Ch are huge. The saving grace is that we don't pay PL wages.

We're going to sell players but we'll struggle to sell the poorer ones as everyone will be on relatively high wages in the Championship. The key aspect will be the replacements we bring in.
They’ll all have decent championship wage % drops worked in to their contracts

You wanted Wilder out Chabs that’s fine, but I can’t be arsed to entertain the contortions the Wilder Out contingent are now undertaking to defend IMHO a patently poor decision. He’ll be blamed for Covid next. 😂

Might return with renewed vigour if Wednesday lose, but it’s unlikely.

May as well look forward, to what exactly I don’t know.

You wanted Wilder out Chabs that’s fine, but I can’t be arsed to entertain the contortions the Wilder Out contingent are now undertaking to defend IMHO a patently poor decision. He’ll be blamed for Covid next. 😂

Might return with renewed vigour if Wednesday lose, but it’s unlikely.

May as well look forward, to what exactly I don’t know.
Not particularly. I wanted post 2020 Chris Wilder out. But did hope rather than that he could just rediscover his 2019 self. In the end it wasn’t to be.

What I don’t get is the argument you’re making against the board, which is so far off the mark it’s untrue.
If there are plenty of teams with deeper pockets than us next season it won’t be hard to name say 6? That’s the play off positions all took up then

They’ll all have decent championship wage % drops worked in to their contracts
Not that big though. No way a player would sign for a PL club which is one of the favourites for promotion and with a low wage structure and take a big hit if we go down. I assume the promotion players will have a bigger reduction.

Not particularly. I wanted post 2020 Chris Wilder out. But did hope rather than that he could just rediscover his 2019 self. In the end it wasn’t to be.

What I don’t get is the argument you’re making against the board, which is so far off the mark it’s untrue.
If there are plenty of teams with deeper pockets than us next season it won’t be hard to name say 6? That’s the play off positions all took up then

Maybe I’ll cheer up when the leaking roof at the training ground is mended.

UTB

What I will say RE there being something completely rotten at the core of the club if this was mutual consent as reported I believe wilder would’ve said it in an interview before going, he’s got form for doing it, he did it at Northampton and oxford. He won’t say anything now an NDA will see to that but I don’t think he’d have walked away into the sunset if he genuinely feared for the future of the club. I’m sure mistakes will be made going forward it’s the United way but I don’t think as it stands this morning the club is at risk.

Many of us argued that the championship is as weak as it has ever been which is why I’d we kept the manager stuck to the plan we would have been in a very very strong position to go back up.
As it stands today do you think we are now stronger to go back up than we were last Saturday?

Many of us argued that the championship is as weak as it has ever been which is why I’d we kept the manager stuck to the plan we would have been in a very very strong position to go back up.
As it stands today do you think we are now stronger to go back up than we were last Saturday?
We don’t have a manager, so obviously not 🤣🤣
I’ll hold my piss in until we do

We don’t have a manager, so obviously not 🤣🤣
I’ll hold my piss in until we do
OK I’ll play do you honestly think we will bring in a manager (Appleton has been touted) who will be in a better position to get us promoted than what Chris Wilder was? And what appointment would you make you think it was the right decision?

I swear some would be happy to drop down to the National League if it meant we had an owner, manager and team that are all United supporters from Sheffield.

Exactly
Because Sheffield and football has been so successful hasn't it ?

It's in the DNA of this city to fail, it fails because it doesn't have to succeed, it fails because it's population of simpletons wouldn't be able to handle a thriving, bustling, financially viable powerhouse.

It's simpleton population simply couldn"t handle a million succesful people turning up by car, train and aeroplane to do their high powered jobs.

It's simpleton population couldn't handle top quality bars where the beer was more than £1.99 a pint

It's simpleton population couldn't handle a restaurant where you didn't get chips with everything.

It's simpleton population that think a days shopping and leisure only consists of pulling their wheels behind them full of fruit and fish from the market.

It's simpleton population that thinks we have a good road system because the M1 is somewhere in the local vicinity, a simpleton population that thinks our train station is amazing because they've built a garden outside with a stainless steel thing, it's amazing.......there's no fucking trains that go anywhere or arrive from anywhere, but it's amazing.

If a building needs to be built, there are grand plans and drawings, but when it comes to building it, it becomes cheap, tacky, ugly and nothing remotely similar to what it was going to be......but it's good enough for the simpletons.

And it's simpleton population couldn't handle a big, top quality football club, with top quality players on big money, who heaven forbid might be foreign.

Sheffield United mirrors this city more than any company or organisation in it

OK I’ll play do you honestly think we will bring in a manager (Appleton has been touted) who will be in a better position to get us promoted than what Chris Wilder was? And what appointment would you make you think it was the right decision?

Depends, 2020 onwards Chris Wilder? I think it would be harder to appoint a worse one
2016-19 Chris Wilder? Very unlikely. He was one of the elite.

Also, he wasn’t sacked. His position just became untenable. Stop acting as if he’s blameless here.

Depends, 2020 onwards Chris Wilder? I think it would be harder to appoint a worse one
2016-19 Chris Wilder? Very unlikely. He was one of the elite.

Also, he wasn’t sacked. His position just became untenable. Stop acting as if he’s blameless here.
Didn’t say he was blameless and never have. You haven’t really answers the question but you and I know what the real answer is. All this 2020 chris wilder is complete bollocks.
Last night Betis said a decision had been made. now I’m sure you want to twist that into what you think it means but he said the words. We have both planted our flag a long time ago one of us is going to have to hold our hands up in 12 months and say you know what I was wrong.

Didn’t say he was blameless and never have. You haven’t really answers the question but you and I know what the real answer is. All this 2020 chris wilder is complete bollocks.
Last night Betis said a decision had been made. now I’m sure you want to twist that into what you think it means but he said the words. We have both planted our flag a long time ago one of us is going to have to hold our hands up in 12 months and say you know what I was wrong.
If you think the Wilder we’ve seen since the turn of last year is the same as the one that got us up you’re off your rocker

If you think the Wilder we’ve seen since the turn of last year is the same as the one that got us up you’re off your rocker
It’s a stupid and lazy analogy this wilder of 2020 bollocks. It’s like you are dismissing everything that happened last year and it’s all down to the fact you think he’s changed. He hasn’t changed at all circumstances have played a major part in our decline. Anyone dismissing this is off their rocker. I also believe we will ALL look back on the last few days in years to come and think whoever was part of this decision (betis words not mine) we will think they were off their rocker.
Of course I could be eating humble pie in 12 months I have a sneaky feeling though no matter what happens you won’t do the same.

It’s a stupid and lazy analogy this wilder of 2020 bollocks. It’s like you are dismissing everything that happened last year and it’s all down to the fact you think he’s changed. He hasn’t changed at all circumstances have played a major part in our decline. Anyone dismissing this is off their rocker. I also believe we will ALL look back on the last few days in years to come and think whoever was part of this decision (betis words not mine) we will think they were off their rocker.
Of course I could be eating humble pie in 12 months I have a sneaky feeling though no matter what happens you won’t do the same.
Right - So if we aren’t promoted in 12 months time, I have to eat humble pie do I?
Because we know for a fact Chris Wilder would’ve taken us back up, first attempt, no questions asked?

It’s nothing to do with that and you know it isn’t. It’s the fact he reconnected the supporters with the club. Being a Blade certainly helped. Now any new manager will have to repair that connection AND hit the ground running because when the fans are back in next year the new yes man will get very little leeway from them.... Let’s pray he does because if the parachute payments dwindle the potless Prince will be looking for yet another miracle worker

Did you read the original post? It’s story of the “corrupt” foreign owner vs the Sheffield United fan who has been wronged. Nothing to do with what has actually happened. There is a huge amount of bias towards Wilder’s side of the story simply due to him being a Blade.

The truth of what has happened probably lies somewhere in between Wilder’s side and the Prince’s side. But unfortunately some people can’t see past the fact the Wilder is a Sheffield United fan so he must be 100% in the right.

Did you read the original post? It’s story of the “corrupt” foreign owner vs the Sheffield United fan who has been wronged. Nothing to do with what has actually happened. There is a huge amount of bias towards Wilder’s side of the story simply due to him being a Blade.

The truth of what has happened probably lies somewhere in between Wilder’s side and the Prince’s side. But unfortunately some people can’t see past the fact the Wilder is a Sheffield United fan so he must be 100% in the right.
I wasn’t responding to the OP, I was responding to your laughable post that some would be happy for us to drop down to the national league if we had a blade in charge which was frankly even more ridiculous than calling the Prince corrupt

I wasn’t responding to the OP, I was responding to your laughable post that some would be happy for us to drop down to the national league if we had a blade in charge which was frankly even more ridiculous than calling the Prince corrupt

Well my point was in response to the OP which gives the context behind my post.

Wilder became Sheffield United'd
It's a common occurrence

Manager wants x
Boardroom wants y

It goes on for a while with smiles to faces, while knives are being stuck in each others backs

It reaches the point where it's getting serious, but one hopes there can be a compromise

Neither fall in line, or compromise

Manager shows signs of pressure disassociates himself gradually

Hoofball starts to rear it's ugly head again as managers disassociation gets worse

Manager leaves

If they made a film called the Sheffield United story and then made 500 sequels, you'd only need to see the first one.

Right - So if we aren’t promoted in 12 months time, I have to eat humble pie do I?
Because we know for a fact Chris Wilder would’ve taken us back up, first attempt, no questions asked?
I’m pretty sure if wilder had still been here next season and we weren’t waking away with it in January the likes of myself who have defended him would be told I was wrong. I would have expected to be well up there next season as it was I now don’t think we will be anywhere near.

I’m pretty sure if wilder had still been here next season and we weren’t waking away with it in January the likes of myself who have defended him would be told I was wrong. I would have expected to be well up there next season as it was I now don’t think we will be anywhere near.
So if we’re not up there, you want me and whoever else who wouldn’t have minded a change of manager to apologise on the basis of something that may or may not have happened, no way of proving?

Well my point was in response to the OP which gives the context behind my post.
Which was ridiculous in itself. Please name these fans who would be happy to see us in the national league..... get my drift?

Back
Top Bottom