CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The price will go up weekly whether he does well or not, it'll be "yeah he scored 28 goals but he cost them £29m" or "Ha! They paid £50m and he only got 10”, the same way Rhodes loses a million off his £12m fee for each crap season.

Legitimately saw a Wednesday fan say they'd get "the £7m we paid for Rhodes" back if they advertised him properly.

What do they think he is, a semi detached in Stocksbridge ?

Excellent signing.

Proper striker, as opposed to Sharp who mixes it up and Didsy who feeds off and creates.

Take my hat off to Wilder for sticking it our and - get this - the board for stumping up the cash.

Just hope he doesn't break his ankle or owt!

pommpey
you better sit down pomps :D

Yes I'd like our players to keep their own shirts, it'll be funny if some superstar comes over to swap shirts and one of our lot tells them to foxtrot oscar

There’s a sign, or certainly was, in Utd’s dressing room at Bramall Lane, to the affect that if any player returns to the dressing room after the game, without his shirt, he will be subject to a £50 fine.

Quite right too Chris ;)

Makes you wonder how Wednesday's shopping spree is going.........Screenshot_20190802-194150_Google.jpg 🤣

🤣 How you doing dio pal? Long time no tinychat.
Ok Rav thanks, will be back on next Saturday, obviously people are finding streams to watch so fair do's, but I think that will be harder this season being in the prem, but will keep the room going with usual audio accoutrements, will be posting about it later next week. What a great season it was, the RS commentary was brill, both Gagey and Keef when they knew we were going up. I know people get annoyed with keef on the commo but it comes from the heart.

Really exciting signing and surreal times at the Blades. Just one observation, people keep commenting on well done the board for 'stumping up the cash', but come on, no one has dug into their personal pockets over this, this is taken from the season pre-payment from the PL (£80m up-front from a season total of £160m plus additional £10m per placing payment if not relegated).

Beating Arsenal at home and then seeing players swapping shirts on the pitch with them like we were fucking Gibraltar playing Brazil still makes me angry.

We're there on merit.
There's no way Chris Wilder accepts that sort of behaviour.

Edit: just seen 1889 reply

There’s a sign, or certainly was, in Utd’s dressing room at Bramall Lane, to the affect that if any player returns to the dressing room after the game, without his shirt, he will be subject to a £50 fine.

Quite right too Chris ;)

Was that put there by Reg Brearley because we could only afford one set of strips

Delighted with this signing but I've just had a really negative thought so apologies in advance...

...but aren't we a bit lacking in the defensive area for a premier league campaign?

If we can get a CB, preferably a RCB who can play wing back as well, that would top off a great window for us.

Read this a few times about RCB (cover)
Where do we envisage Jagielka playing ?

Read this a few times about RCB (cover)
Where do we envisage Jagielka playing ?

He's played a couple of times at RCB and once at CB I believe this preseason.

I see him as Bash competition/ cover/ Egan cover and an extra man if we want another defender on, like Stearman last season.

Wilder:

“Over the years, we have had the stigma of a selling club and, of course, there will be sales in the future.

“But it should be noted that we are a buying club, we’ve spent a significant amount and the owners deserve a huge amount of credit for the way they have sanctioned our assault on the transfer market.”

I join with him. We should all be very grateful. Well done and thank you to those who have facilitated this.

No ambition? Utter bollocks.

Last edited:
Really exciting signing and surreal times at the Blades. Just one observation, people keep commenting on well done the board for 'stumping up the cash', but come on, no one has dug into their personal pockets over this, this is taken from the season pre-payment from the PL (£80m up-front from a season total of £160m plus additional £10m per placing payment if not relegated).

Pretty sure its a season total of £90 mill and it wont be £80 mill up front. £160 is the tiotal we would get over 3 seasons if we got relegsted straight away. With that in mind , I believe the owners do have some credit due to them.

That really isn’t correct on a number of levels. The ‘season total’ is not £160m. Not even Man City or Liverpool got £150m. It’s approximately £100m in terms of guaranteed income.

Like all income this comes into the club. The owners, one of whom has subsidised decades of loss-making, could have released not a penny of it for transfers. They could have called in debts owing to them. In KM’s case that would have swallowed the entire windfall and still not fully paid him back.

I repeat, Chris Wilder:

“Over the years, we have had the stigma of a selling club and, of course, there will be sales in the future.

“But it should be noted that we are a buying club, we’ve spent a significant amount and the owners deserve a huge amount of credit for the way they have sanctioned our assault on the transfer market.”

I hope and imagine very few would disagree with this chap. He usually knows what he’s talking about...

Back
Top Bottom