CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you actually read what he puts on Twitter the majority of what he says is correct

I’m sure we are looking at 3/4/5 players for each position just cause we don’t sign every player he says doesn’t mean he’s wrong in that we are interested in that player
Doesn’t mean he’s right either. There’s a difference between ‘liking’ a player and ‘preparing a bid’ as he’s claimed the last two weeks. How many times have managers denied being interested in a player journalists have linked them to? Too many to mention.
Edit. .....and I don’t do twitter or Facebook. Not my cup of tea. There’s enough shit spouted facecto face without what’s said on some social media..... in my opinion :)

£3,242,690
8 West Ham £3,189,333
9 Crystal Palace £2,757,000
10 Leicester City £2,710,710
11 Southampton £2,669,333
12 Bournemouth £1,989,520
13 Watford £1,775,172
14 Wolverhampton Wanderers £1,757,600
15 Fulham £1,727,440
16 Brighton & Hove Albion £1,695,040
17 Newcastle United £1,650,133
18 Burnley £1,603,197
19 Huddersfield Town £1,238,000
20 Cardiff City £957,471

Not sure how accurate that is but going off of that, Brighton pay an average of £32500 per player per week and assuming this is calculated using a 25 man squad they pay £42,375,000 per year on wages. Seems fairly accurate IMO. I would assume bonuses would be on top of this amount.[/QUOTE]

Looks a bit out from this list.
546D029D-9CE0-4E54-8CBD-A87CC16A5E48.jpeg

Brighton have a DOF, and previously the Manager just highlights the positions he wants filling, and is then presented with a player, so Potter might not have any say in Mcburnie, for example.

It was no coincidence McBurnie was linked with Brighton before Potter was announced.

Potter would have been sounded out before Hughton got the sack, so has been in the pipeline a while, compo the only sticking point.

McBurnie will be Potters first signing.

£3,242,690
8 West Ham £3,189,333
9 Crystal Palace £2,757,000
10 Leicester City £2,710,710
11 Southampton £2,669,333
12 Bournemouth £1,989,520
13 Watford £1,775,172
14 Wolverhampton Wanderers £1,757,600
15 Fulham £1,727,440
16 Brighton & Hove Albion £1,695,040
17 Newcastle United £1,650,133
18 Burnley £1,603,197
19 Huddersfield Town £1,238,000
20 Cardiff City £957,471

Not sure how accurate that is but going off of that, Brighton pay an average of £32500 per player per week and assuming this is calculated using a 25 man squad they pay £42,375,000 per year on wages. Seems fairly accurate IMO. I would assume bonuses would be on top of this amount.

Looks a bit out from this list.
View attachment 54071[/QUOTE]
To be honest I wouldn't have thought that Brighton's average weekly wage per player (assuming this figure is made up of the 25 man squad) is £60,000.

According to those figures Newcastle's average weekly wage per player is £86,000. This can't be accurate. I would be surprised if they have anyone over that amount.

I am not saying that the ones I posted are correct, however they seem within the right ballpark.

It was no coincidence McBurnie was linked with Brighton before Potter was announced.

Potter would have been sounded out before Hughton got the sack, so has been in the pipeline a while, compo the only sticking point.

McBurnie will be Potters first signing.

Do you know whether Utd were seriously in for him as well TB or was he always going to Brighton?

I reckon we will have enquired about Mcburnie and will have found out that the Brighton move was already underway.

I reckon we will enquire about Maupay but be scared off by their asking price.

Then I think we will put a solid offer in for Assomoblonga. Less than whet the Boro fans are wanting but I think he's the man we will end up with as our main striker.

Yes, him and Maupay main targets up top.

Shame as I think he would have been a good fit and would have turned out to be a good investment in the long run.

Oh well, onto the next one - I wonder who else is on the 'big'un' list and how far down that list Madine is.

Shame as I think he would have been a good fit and would have turned out to be a good investment in the long run.

Oh well, onto the next one - I wonder who else is on the 'big'un' list and how far down that list Madine is.

Me too, think we would have got him if Potter hadn`t gone in at Brighton.

Fuck you Graham Potter.

Gets a free ticket to the PL, signs our main target, watch him go and double us again next season too. With McBurnie scoring in both.

We'll probably have to wait for one where we're the only PL club interested.

Assombalonga actually suits the Premiership more on paper but McBurnie was an out and out 'wilder type signing/player".

Assombalonga would be really scraping the barrel as the main striker signing.

There's nobody in Britain comparable to McBurnie, ticking the boxes he does.

I'd now suggest throwing everything at trying to sign Che Adams. Then when he goes to Leicester think about Karlan Grant.

I don’t see why we should fly the white flag on this one just yet. Nothing concrete has come to light. Objectively, I see us as a far better proposition currently than Brighton, and maybe McBurnie will too.

I have it on good authority that Potter’s appointment at Brighton means it’s less likely that McBurnie will go there. ;)

Prefer Kemar Roofe, wilder knows him, we looked at him earlier and he is apparently out of contract in 12months, oh and I think he fits into our style of play.

Other than Maupay, Che would probably be our most expensive realistic option.
If we blow around £10m on Assombalonga, I can't see us affording Adam's as well.

Me too, think we would have got him if Potter hadn`t gone in at Brighton.

Is there anything beyond an assumption to suggest that McBurnie is devoted to Potter? Maybe he doesn’t rate him at all? Who knows? He was hardly driving Swansea to glory on the crest of a wave, was he?

Nothing about McBurnie fills me with any confidence that he can do it at the highest level. He's a six yard box sniffer and we already have a better version of that. He needs chances on a plate and chances may be at a premium.

He's not the type of player to create anything himself, or create for others, in my opinion anyway.

I think it would be a disaster signing, particularly at the figures quoted.

Surely we should really push for Maupay, Gayle or maybe Adams as an alternative to McBurnie if we can't get him. Assombalonga scores a couple but he's a 1 in 3 chances kind of striker, not very clinical which is what frustrates Boro fans. We need a forward who's gonna take every chance in this league where I expect our chances to be very limited especially against the top half sides.

Is there anything beyond an assumption to suggest that McBurnie is devoted to Potter? Maybe he doesn’t rate him at all? Who knows? He was hardly driving Swansea to glory on the crest of a wave, was he?

There`s a mutual love in!

Would love him at the Lane, but can see him holding a Brighton scarf above his head in the next few days.
Think we have moved on....

Back
Top Bottom