CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why would he leave Swansea? He’s young, getting a game and the main man there. They’re also surely among the favourites to go up and we are among them to go down.

Why uproot your life when you might be back where you started in a year and your age means you’re in no rush.

I think we’ll stay up for the record, but he’ll be getting all the hype at Swansea about them going up and us coming down.

Why would he leave Swansea? He’s young, getting a game and the main man there. They’re also surely among the favourites to go up and we are among them to go down.

Why uproot your life when you might be back where you started in a year and your age means you’re in no rush.

I think we’ll stay up for the record, but he’ll be getting all the hype at Swansea about them going up and us coming down.

Swansea are losing their manager and all their best players. They’re having to sell their assets and offload the high earners.

James, McBurnie, Fer, Routledge are being let go or sold.

Not a chance Swansea get near the top 6 next year.

Why would Swansea be amongst the favourites to go up? Will need a new manager, already sold/selling James to man u. Fer etc have been released. They might be up there but looking from the outside it would be a shock.

Swansea are losing their manager and all their best players. They’re having to sell their assets and offload the high earners.

James, McBurnie, Fer, Routledge are being let go or sold.

Not a chance Swansea get near the top 6 next year.

Valid points but I’d be less shocked if they went up than I am that we did compared to how I felt last pre-season.

And never write-off a team still receiving parachute payments.

We paid about £400k per week in wages last year (give or take) and Cardiff were lowest in prem at £960k. Given there will be a promotion uplift (someone said 50% was likely) then that puts us at £600k. Will Wilder bust the structure for a single target...who knows.

This was a load of sh*te on my part. Mis-read the source.

Our weekly wage bill was around £400k and Brighton pay about £815k. Expect our uplift to put us close to £600k a week.

Nixon gets way more right than he gets wrong just cause he says we’re after McBurnie doesn’t mean we will sign him
Of course he gets more right than he gets wrong because by the end of the summer he will have linked us with every fuckin striker on the planet before proudly announcing he told us so on ***** (fill in missing date). Forestieri last week, McBurnie this. I’ll stake a tenner he’ll link us with a different striker within the next 2 weeks

Of course he gets more right than he gets wrong because by the end of the summer he will have linked us with every fuckin striker on the planet before proudly announcing he told us so on ***** (fill in missing date). Forestieri last week, McBurnie this. I’ll stake a tenner he’ll link us with a different striker within the next 2 weeks

That’s probably because we will actually be looking at those strikers

Just cause he says we’re interestes doesn’t me we will sign the player

If you don’t believe him just ignore him

Swansea are in a mess and might drop again. They’ve appointed Trevor Birch to cost-cut!

Swansea need to raise £30m this summer. Dan James will provide half of that but the other half has to come from somewhere.

This was a load of sh*te on my part. Mis-read the source.

Our weekly wage bill was around £400k and Brighton pay about £815k. Expect our uplift to put us close to £600k a week.

You're quoting average salary. I'd imagine our highest earners were already on £600k-£750k (£12-£15k per week) this season so with the increases due on promotion we'll probably pay well over £1m per year at the top end of the scale next season. There's more than enough scope in the budget to attract someone like McBurnie.

Why would he leave Swansea? He’s young, getting a game and the main man there.

To play in the Premier League under one of the most highly-rated English managers about. Also, he’d be our record signing and main man too.

He’s from Leeds isn’t he? A lot closer to home/family/friends here than in Swansea.

£20k a week pay rise?

Depends whether he is just after money. We can't compete with Brighton for wages but he's from Leeds and started at Bradford - he may want to move back up here. He may also view us as a better bet of staying up next season than Brighton.

Brighton will be one of the teams we will be needing to finish above next season.
Are you sure we can’t compete with Brighton for wages? I bet they already have a decent wage bill and their income won’t be vastly different to ours.

Swansea need to raise £30m this summer. Dan James will provide half of that but the other half has to come from somewhere.

You're quoting average salary. I'd imagine our highest earners were already on £600k-£750k (£12-£15k per week) this season so with the increases due on promotion we'll probably pay well over £1m per year at the top end of the scale next season. There's more than enough scope in the budget to attract someone like McBurnie.
I can see James going for more than £15m. Man U have made enquiries based on Giggs’ recommendation and other big clubs are rumoured to be looking at him. We got £15m for Brooks based on half a season.

I can see James going for more than £15m. Man U have made enquiries based on Giggs’ recommendation and other big clubs are rumoured to be looking at him. We got £15m for Brooks based on half a season.
Didn't Man U get an offer accepted at £15m? not sure what caused the deal collapse but I thought the fee was agreed.

I think the fee for Brooks was less than the one you quoted. Can't provide an exact figure but it was closer to £10 mil than £15 mil. If I'm wrong apologies.

I think the fee for Brooks was less than the one you quoted. Can't provide an exact figure but it was closer to £10 mil than £15 mil. If I'm wrong apologies.
It was £12m plus add ons. I’d be surprised if he hasn’t met most of the criteria required to trigger the add ons by now (usually appearance based etc)

As you say, all depends on what the add-ons are based on and exactly how much has been agreed.
It was reported as up to £15m (plus sell on clause, I don’t think the percentage was publicised).

That’s probably because we will actually be looking at those strikers

Just cause he says we’re interestes doesn’t me we will sign the player

If you don’t believe him just ignore him
Unfortunately he’s there when I read my Sunday paper.
I doubt very much we are interested in every player he mentions. He churns out so called rumours week in week out knowing the odd one will ‘stick’.
Journalists like him are fantastic at starting rumours. It sells newspapers. True, there will be a percentage that are correct but every manager will laugh off plenty off them.
No offence but only the gullible believe the majority of them.
Personally I believe it when I see the player wearing the shirt and holding up the scarf!
;):)

Didn't Man U get an offer accepted at £15m? not sure what caused the deal collapse but I thought the fee was agreed.
Dunno. I hadn’t heard that. I better do some research.

So, where you heard this pal?

Haven't Brighton just appointed the Swansea manager Potter? If the new manager wants him.........

The only offer accepted for James so far was from Leeds in January. £6m rising to £8m if my memory serves me correctly; the deal collapsed because Swansea wanted the £6m up front and Leeds wanted to pay in installments. I think.

It was £12m plus add ons. I’d be surprised if he hasn’t met most of the criteria required to trigger the add ons by now (usually appearance based etc)

Brooks was reported in the initial court hearings as a guaranteed £11.5m. Add-ons take that (I believe) to £15m then there's a sell on clause on top.

According to the Daily Star a fee has been agreed at £12m. That’s rising to £12m too!

I’m shocked.

Unfortunately he’s there when I read my Sunday paper.
I doubt very much we are interested in every player he mentions. He churns out so called rumours week in week out knowing the odd one will ‘stick’.
Journalists like him are fantastic at starting rumours. It sells newspapers. True, there will be a percentage that are correct but every manager will laugh off plenty off them.
No offence but only the gullible believe the majority of them.
Personally I believe it when I see the player wearing the shirt and holding up the scarf!
;):)

If you actually read what he puts on Twitter the majority of what he says is correct

I’m sure we are looking at 3/4/5 players for each position just cause we don’t sign every player he says doesn’t mean he’s wrong in that we are interested in that player

Haven't Brighton just appointed the Swansea manager Potter? If the new manager wants him.........
Brighton have a DOF, and previously the Manager just highlights the positions he wants filling, and is then presented with a player, so Potter might not have any say in Mcburnie, for example.

Rank Team Average annual wage per player
1 Manchester United £6,534,654
2 Manchester City £5,993,000
3 Chelsea £5,020,004
4 Liverpool £4,862,963
5 Arsenal £4,853,130
6 Tottenham Hotspur £3,515,778
7 Everton £3,242,690
8 West Ham £3,189,333
9 Crystal Palace £2,757,000
10 Leicester City £2,710,710
11 Southampton £2,669,333
12 Bournemouth £1,989,520
13 Watford £1,775,172
14 Wolverhampton Wanderers £1,757,600
15 Fulham £1,727,440
16 Brighton & Hove Albion £1,695,040
17 Newcastle United £1,650,133
18 Burnley £1,603,197
19 Huddersfield Town £1,238,000
20 Cardiff City £957,471

Not sure how accurate that is but going off of that, Brighton pay an average of £32500 per player per week and assuming this is calculated using a 25 man squad they pay £42,375,000 per year on wages. Seems fairly accurate IMO. I would assume bonuses would be on top of this amount.

If McBurnie does join, I'd th

Taking any partiality out of it, GCH - if you were in McBurnie's shoes and were offered £25k/week by both Norwich and Bournemouth, who would you choose to join? I know where I'd go and I'm afraid it wouldn't be the newly promoted club.

I feel we are a bigger club than Norwich.

This is of course entirely hypothetical and you are right that different players may have different opinions.

Back
Top Bottom