CONFIRMED Oliver Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He looked like he picked up a knock during the Arsenal game to me. Seemed to be limping towards the end of the first half. Never looked as quick closing down after. Could explain the early substitution.

I’ve been impressed with him so far, certainly has the physical attributes to impact at any level!

Not sure he’s ever going to be a 10+ goal scorer and maybe eventually he’ll be more of an option from the bench. But He’s looked significantly more impactful that zivkovic did for example last year.

Think it’s vital for us to get the right combo upfront. Although we have plenty of options, we never got an established partnership last year. We could certainly do with 2 nailing down places as their own - hopefully Brewster and another...

I’ve been impressed with him so far, certainly has the physical attributes to impact at any level!

Not sure he’s ever going to be a 10+ goal scorer and maybe eventually he’ll be more of an option from the bench. But He’s looked significantly more impactful that zivkovic did for example last year.

Think it’s vital for us to get the right combo upfront. Although we have plenty of options, we never got an established partnership last year. We could certainly do with 2 nailing down places as their own - hopefully Brewster and another...

Agree, some positive signs so far. I like his pressing and work rate and he looks capable of bullying defenders. I think it would also be interesting to see him just behind Brewster. Rather than us looking to play Burke in behind, he could be well suited to carry the ball from deeper as we break, with Brewster in front and others hopefully joining in.

I mean exactly what I said. International football is a cancer to the sport that nobody cares about, all it does is cause problems for the much better and much more important club football. Abolish it.
Fair enough. I personally wouldn’t agree, but I understand where you’re coming from.

He can't even get into the starting XI for Werder, used as an impact sub mainly.

Big gap to fill in the Bundesliga now Haaland and Lewandowski have moved on. Will Oli and his ripped jeans become the new poster boy of German football?

Fair play on that last finish! I still don't rate him but great finish, on the counter he can be a handful, when it's played v a low block he's not got the control, but on off the bench playing on the counter; I can see him doing well in that role. He's right on the atmosphere in Germany if honest, I do think that safe standing is a massive factor in this though. That wall at Dortmund! Each time I see the Yellow Wall at Dortmund I think if we could just extend the Kop one day and it was safe standing then by UK standards it would look amazing!

You just know that at the end of the season,someone like Villa or Everton is gonna buy him for 25/30 mill and then the whole roundabout is going to start all over again !
Plus we'll have no sell on clause ...☹

but seriously... it's Athens and there he is in that camel skin coat.

Back
Top Bottom