Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saturday morning quiz with name the players signature on the £1 note. Bonus for the cut off one above who's not a footballer.😎

IMG_20201114_092826758.jpg

Is it just me or is there homo-erotism subtly at work in this pic?
As you can see it is a painting, based on a photo, presumably over painting of the photo, so within the genre there is a possibility. If we knew who the artist was and found their proclivities, probably that would answer your question.
Erotism, would that be eroticism.
So as to even things up and show which side of the fence I hang I will end with this, sorry to one of our members for borrowing but she is very attractive and it's such a 'quacking' photo.
Please no references to Ducks, Thank You.This is photo is 'quackers'.jpg

Was supposed to return to my boarding school at the end of the summer holidays on the night we played Liverpool but my dad told my principal that the family were "on holiday" until the first weekend of September. I was able to watch the home games against Liverpool, River Plate and Palace (I wasnt to know that it would be Woody's last home game)
Saw all 3 and was at Fulham for woodys final game I believe. Sure he was subbed at half time.

As you can see it is a painting, based on a photo, presumably over painting of the photo, so within the genre there is a possibility. If we knew who the artist was and found their proclivities, probably that would answer your question.
So as to even things up and show which side of the fence I hang I will end with this, sorry to one of our members for borrowing but she is very attractive and it's such a 'quacking' photo.
Please no references to Ducks, Thank You.View attachment 97958
What ducks?

Two photos from April 1989, taken from Park Square roundabout.
In the bottom left corner of the first one is the edge of what I think was called "Setts" open air market.

View attachment 97956

View attachment 97957
Setts market was where we used to go for decent shoes sold on the cheap. Pods and other rebina shoes available as long as you were there for 630am ish.

Please no references to Ducks, Thank You.View attachment 97958

Disappointed that my Spellchecker didn't pick up on "eroticism" "erotism".

Compleat Angler aka Black Swan good pre pub before you went in Romeo and Juliets in the early 80's. Had many a night in there as I worked nearby. Downstairs was known as the Merrie England Bar in the early 70's. Always been associated with rock music. When it was Under the Boardwalk daughters band played a few gigs there as well as upstairs in the much bigger Boardwalk.

What was the band called? (if you don't mind me asking)

When TC and Woody scored against Ray Clemence

October 1971 1-1

View attachment 98143

September 1974 1-0. Can see my dad on Row A seat 85 in the BLUT. Unfortunately I was at my boarding school.

View attachment 98144

Watching BBC Breakfast this morning where there was a tribute to Ray Clemence I thought of this goal from TC and recall the photo of Clemence staring backwards as the ball passed him.

I was sat in the front corner seats on the John Street terrace, just above TC's head, courtesy of winning a football competition run by Sheffield Newspapers.

Bill Shankly was sat just behind me. He looked on in admiration with that bit of TC magic.

When TC and Woody scored against Ray Clemence

October 1971 1-1

View attachment 98143

September 1974 1-0. Can see my dad on Row A seat 85 in the BLUT. Unfortunately I was at my boarding school.

View attachment 98144

Currie - the first United goal I ever saw, at my first match. And that Woody goal, I was on the railings on the Kop and he thumped that one in right in front of me - what an impression that finish left on me!

Back
Top Bottom