Oh No JOC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Tweet from the club saying JOC has suffered ' a little bit of a setback, its not a straight forward situation. We have to be really careful and keep reassessing''

Really feel for the lad . Surely its time to sack this season off and give him until August to get fully up to speed.

'

Really hope he recovers soon and gets back to his best.

But I can't see us keeping hold of him next season either way.

obviously goes without saying but hope he’s doing ok and it’s nothing too serious

The season has gone - absolutely no point in rushing him back before he’s fully ready. Not suggesting that is being done but he/we have his career to think about.

No point in rushing him back when it makes fuck all difference to the end result of the season. Let him get to 100% and be fit for next year.

Also from a purely selfish POV we stand a better chance of keeping him if he doesn’t play this season.

After such a serious injury I can't see anyone coming in for him straight away anyway.

I think his injury is the reason we WILL keep hold of him next season.

Yeah, fair points actually. Could be a blessing if he can bounce back in time. I certainly can't see us commanding much of a fee for anybody else either on current form.

He’s been sent back to the surgeon for a check up. No way he will be back this season and if he needs another op could be out all year.

Come on Wilder/Board, get a decent central defender in ffs.

He’s been sent back to the surgeon for a check up. No way he will be back this season and if he needs another op could be out all year.

Come on Wilder/Board, get a decent central defender in ffs.
Doubt you'll be getting your wish Deano. With Ampadu's form improving we may as well use him in a position that he's doing well at. More effort needed to sign a centre mid I think.

Really hope he recovers soon and gets back to his best.

But I can't see us keeping hold of him next season either way.

I'd agree that the odds are against him staying, but I guess it depends how well his recovery goes. If I was a club committing the sort of money he should command, I'd want to do a pretty stringent medical.

GLTTL either way

Doubt you'll be getting your wish Deano. With Ampadu's form improving we may as well use him in a position that he's doing well at. More effort needed to sign a centre mid I think.
Ampadu has improved recently but we are crying out for a central defender who is good in the air. JOC won virtually everything in the air and the number of soft headed goals we have conceded without him is shocking. We could also do with some pace at the back but I’d settle for someone who can bloody head the ball for now!

Ampadu has improved recently but we are crying out for a central defender who is good in the air. JOC won virtually everything in the air and the number of soft headed goals we have conceded without him is shocking. We could also do with some pace at the back but I’d settle for someone who can bloody head the ball for now!
Can't argue with that at all mate, but if we sign someone to play LCB then where does that leave our investment on Ampadu on his wages and loan fee because he's not looked comfortabl anywhere else for any length of time. Egan is commanding at heading, but I take your point. I just think we need more in midfield as a priority. MAybe if there's a good LCB on loan out there, fsir enough, but if it's silly momney like we'd need for Lingaard then I'd rather stick with Ampadu.

The sad part is that with JOCs injury and the massive loss of form of others, the value of our squad has diminished hugely imho.

Whilst that might mean we find it easier to turn any bids down in the summer, it does mean we may end up cashing in for much less on any player desperate to move.

O'Connell's injury has been a disaster for the club. Clearly he's never been adequately replaced. Sorry but got to disagree with you about Ampadu. He's been a massive disappointment for me and his form has flat lined not improved. Poor in the air, no fight and not strong enough to play LCB. Wish the lad well but can't see him making a top premiership player.

He’s not going anywhere in the summer this is a very serious injury and the sort of thing where there isn’t a guarantee he actually comes back from it let alone comes back the same player. Until he’s proved that and probably proved it over the course of a whole season he’d be a bad investment for clubs at the sort of fee United would ask for him and the wages that go along with that type of investment.

Said in another thread i think the board wont spend any money this window. We are down. We best part of 15 points from safety. 19 games to play, realistically will need 25-30 more points to stay up, we are not getting the equivalent of 10 wins in the remaining 19 games, not a chance.

No point in spending, and no point in rush JOC, gives him 6 months to be in a position to start preseason and hopefully we'll have a solid back line to start the season. The only caveat to that would be we've no idea how his injury has affected him and if he'll be able to get to anywhere near the levels he used to play at

I thought he was out for the season anyway.
I had a sinking feeling when he got injured that we would be screwed. Not finding an ADEQUATE replacement has been Wilder's biggest mistake when he was aware of the injury weeks before.

O'Connell's injury has been a disaster for the club. Clearly he's never been adequately replaced. Sorry but got to disagree with you about Ampadu. He's been a massive disappointment for me and his form has flat lined not improved. Poor in the air, no fight and not strong enough to play LCB. Wish the lad well but can't see him making a top premiership player.
Thing is Cheese, he was brought in as defensive cover, and maybe cover also for midfield. He's developing and yeah I agree he's not commanding, but I would guess that's not his strength. His passing, and composure are his strengths. He may not make it at Chelsea, but I can see him being a PL player. He's definitely improved of late, I would guess his best position would be Bash's, but we've not seen him there. Granted his heading isn't great, I agree. Wilder must have known that wasn't his strength when he signed him though. He's not got the fight of an Egan, I agree. But he offers the other qualitie and playing for a better team that needs that ball though a gap to find a space etc, against someone like Burnley, Ampadu may well be your man. We'll have to see how his career goes, but I think he'll be a decent PL player.

Just hope JOC is able to come back strong, it never sounds good when you hear players then having setbacks. Such a shame for him and for us.

Thing is Cheese, he was brought in as defensive cover, and maybe cover also for midfield. He's developing and yeah I agree he's not commanding, but I would guess that's not his strength. His passing, and composure are his strengths. He may not make it at Chelsea, but I can see him being a PL player. He's definitely improved of late, I would guess his best position would be Bash's, but we've not seen him there. Granted his heading isn't great, I agree. Wilder must have known that wasn't his strength when he signed him though. He's not got the fight of an Egan, I agree. But he offers the other qualitie and playing for a better team that needs that ball though a gap to find a space etc, against someone like Burnley, Ampadu may well be your man. We'll have to see how his career goes, but I think he'll be a decent PL player.

Just hope JOC is able to come back strong, it never sounds good when you hear players then having setbacks. Such a shame for him and for us.
Maybe he could play defensive midfield with better players around him but he hasn't shown the tenacity or tackling ability to play that position. Time will tell pal.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Maybe a blessing in disguise for him. Coming back into the team that concedes every game and is going to beat Derby's record is hardly going to encourage Klopper to swoop for him

Tweet from the club saying JOC has suffered ' a little bit of a setback, its not a straight forward situation. We have to be really careful and keep reassessing''

Really feel for the lad . Surely its time to sack this season off and give him until August to get fully up to speed.

'
Surely we were already in a position when he wasn't going to be back this season? Even when Wilder was talking Feb or March, you've got at least 6 weeks to get back up to match fitness, a pre-season if you like, which puts you into the last couple of matches. It wasn't going to be worth the risk. Even if we're in a position to stay up it will mean the defence has significantly tightened up so why would you change it at a key point, if we're already down why risk him breaking down or even being in the shop window as back?
I don't think this has really changed anything and if he's back in full training before the summer we can offer him a new contract next year, at the new levels with limited risk.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Maybe a blessing in disguise for him. Coming back into the team that concedes every game and is going to beat Derby's record is hardly going to encourage Klopper to swoop for him
I bet you wish you had him in your team though, don't you? Because even on one leg he's better than any of the no-hopers, never-have-beens and never-gonna-be's in your shower of shite.

How's your search for the accounts going by the way? Has Meeester Chansiri checked under his bed?

could be a blessing in disguise this he wasnt gonna save us this season anyway plus it probably means he will start next season with us doubt any premier league team will take a punt on him after this injury

could be a blessing in disguise this he wasnt gonna save us this season anyway plus it probably means he will start next season with us doubt any premier league team will take a punt on him after this injury
Certainly not for the amount we'd be wanting. He's worth big money just to stay with us for the year and help us get up so it's a huge risk for someone to spunk £20M when he could be crocked or certainly comes back not quite the same player.

Certainly not for the amount we'd be wanting. He's worth big money just to stay with us for the year and help us get up so it's a huge risk for someone to spunk £20M when he could be crocked or certainly comes back not quite the same player.
i think it makes it certain that joc will be our player till january at least which would be fantastic news for us especially if egan stays as well lots of doom and gloom on this site about our chances next season after this disastrous one but i really fancy our chances of bouncing straight back up just need that midfield sorting with 2 or 3 good additions in that area

You know this how?
Because we’ll probably have to sign a proper replacement for him as he might not be fit for the start of next season and will take a long time to get back to form. We don’t have that time. It’ll be similar to the Coutts situation.

Same gamble for us though, take an offer what may be good one if he never fully recovers or hold out and and take the chance we lose his value if he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom