Officially worried

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My biggest fear….those Wednesday twats could storm their league and we swap places. I can honestly see it coming.
For some bizarre reason that's how football in Sheffield works.
2 years ago I was in total dream land.. The blades riding high and the pigs in free fall.. Un-fucking believably it's turning round again.
Really can't get my head around this.
UTB

Slav will sort it. He's still learning about his tea and who he can trust to do a job.

He will (and should) have learnt a shit load tonight.

Don't understand the worry or the hatred towards him already... Slavs trying different things though... Seeing what works, what doesn't... He hasn't had a proper pre-season to see the true potential of the players... He will have learnt so much from tonight... If he wasn't changing things up Slav would be getting abuse... He's changing things weekly... He's still getting abuse... It's gonna take weeks if not months before we see a solid performance.

Until Slav is happy with a formation and tactic bolstered with some of his own choice of players it's gonna be a waiting game and we just have to take the positives and support them Blades as best we can... We've crashed out the biggest league in the world and it was never gonna be easy with the state we was in last season.... Once we get going we will be unstoppable, we just need to be patient...support the team we love... it'll come, whether that's this season or next we carry on 🔴⚪⚔️ # UTB

Bet you’d cancel the entire dinner at a burnt Yorkshire pudding. Pathetic specimen.

Like all us blades I’m desperate for us to do well and this manager is nobody’s fool.
We are severely lacking in confidence, pace, cutting edge, And we don’t look up for the fight either tbh. But.. Slav must have had reassurances on transfers, loans, player sales, and reviewed the current squad before he took the job. Career suicide if not!

My worry is that he’s watching this lot and thinking.. shit. I need more that 3 or 4 here. There’s deadwood all over the park!! IF that’s what he now feels. We may have an issue as PA may not want to sanction more than 3 or 4. (Or maybe 5 when SB leaves). Which is the common consensus. But yes he will need time to get players in, and tactical messages across. That doesn’t however absolve him from any judgement. Wins buy you time. 4 nils dont. Simple as that.

He needs to show he can manage, starting with the basics. I was worried when he came in due to the embarrassment of riches he had at other clubs. His body of work doesn't show me that he has managed a shit team and turned them into something. He flat tracked bullied with two top sides.

Play as system that suits you players. You cannot magic players to fit the system you want to play. It always starts the other way around, compromising your ideals to suit the hand you are dealt. He has the cart before the horse, a fundamental error of judgement.

I see a lot of moaning about him not being backed. He started game one with an embarrassment of riches at this level so it simply doesn't wash.He has to manage, motivate and get the best out of them. No excuses. This is a poor Championship by all accounts. We need to give him until Christmas at least it's too late for recriminations.

The real problem is that until Slave gets in the players he wants he is limited to moving the forwards around, we just don't have any other midfield players to choose, with the exception of Freeman, who I was happy to see come on & looked okay. I can see he still needs to shed a bit of timber but lets not forget he has been one of the best players in this league for quite a while no, bar an injury hampered last season, for which he is still playing catch up. If he can get back to that level he will be very useful to us.
We can argue all we like about the merits or otherwise of some of our regular starters, but the plain fact is we need better than what we have in at least 5 positions, maybe more, the one's we have been playing have proved week after week they are not up to it.

He needs to show he can manage, starting with the basics. I was worried when he came in due to the embarrassment of riches he had at other clubs. His body of work doesn't show me that he has managed a shit team and turned them into something. He flat tracked bullied with two top sides.

Play as system that suits you players. You cannot magic players to fit the system you want to play. It always starts the other way around, compromising your ideals to suit the hand you are dealt. He has the cart before the horse, a fundamental error of judgement.

I see a lot of moaning about him not being backed. He started game one with an embarrassment of riches at this level so it simply doesn't wash.He has to manage, motivate and get the best out of them. No excuses. This is a poor Championship by all accounts. We need to give him until Christmas at least it's too late for recriminations.
I honestly think he may be alarmed by how far off it we are. We have some good even excellent players ‘on paper’. But we are a piss poor shadow of the team prior lockdown - and it’s not played on paper. This is the 46 game championship we know it well and it takes no prisoners. Money’s been spent, but there are leaks all over the place that need urgent attention.

let’s be honest we just got battered by a poor footballing WBA team banging balls form one end of the West Midlands to the other, And throws halfway from here to the pig sty. Ffs We looked clueless. Didn’t anyone at the club watch their recent performances?? UTB

I honestly think he may be alarmed by how far off it we are. We have some good even excellent players ‘on paper’. But we are a piss poor shadow of the team prior lockdown - and it’s not played on paper. This is the 46 game championship we know it well and it takes no prisoners. Money’s been spent, but there are leaks all over the place that need urgent attention.

let’s be honest we just got battered by a poor footballing WBA team banging balls form one end of the West Midlands to the other, And throws halfway from here to the pig sty. Ffs We looked clueless. Didn’t anyone at the club watch their recent performances?? UTB
Replying to myself now I’ve officially lost it.
with Covid I’ve also lost track of time. So 13 months ago we beat Chelsea 3-0 remember that day well. Apart form hendo, JOC and Stevens. Basically the same team / squad. wow. UTB.

Oh I do hope this is all part of a very cunning plan by the Manager, because to night he hung that team out to dry. could be after last season some of them deserved it, but not all of them,
Maybe he just wanted to send out a message to the owners ?.
Well if they don't get it after that. they never will....... :tumbleweed:

My biggest fear….those Wednesday twats could storm their league and we swap places. I can honestly see it coming.

They've played bottom teams going nowhere so far. Look at the division, what they've been up against so far all sit at bottom with zero points.

Storm the league my ass.

We'll be top six easy once it becomes obvious some players may be senior in the setup, but need to be dropped.

Too many influencers in the squad currently who aren't good enough. Cull their voices and the bad vibes around the dressing room will stop and the quality in the squad can thrive.

This has stemmed from not getting slav in the minute the season ended instead of fucking about letting him see out his contract in wherever he was.

Pay the £100k or whatever it was to take him there and then, get him a proper pre season and time to implement his style along with making moves in the transfer market.

We're still 6 weeks behind every team in the league and it's nobody's fault but our own.
Not to sound patronising but this is a great post. Slav should have been appointed in April, we were down already. He could have marked out the shit that needed binning and transfer listing and could have probably brought in 5-6 of his own players to hit the ground running in August. But as usual we have the Blades Board way of doing things. Dilly dally, fester, stagnate further and expect the new man to work miracles four weeks before the new season.

Can’t judge him when not one player is his, if these were 11 of his fair enough.
It’s a travesty that there isn’t a winger at the club.
True, but I was hoping for a big overhaul of the playing squad by now. It has been obvious for ages that our midfield is garbage and we need a dominant centre half. Our performances have not been that surprising. We also need a keeper now. Hopefully that Ramsdale sale will kick start the recruitment.

I’m not one to criticise the prince because I think he’s done relatively well so far but how do we go into a season with no new seasons and no pre season friendlies? It’s all good making signings now and next week but we’re 8 points down already and they’ll need time to settle in too. It’s been a shambles, especially compared to fulham and west brom (who we should be competing with), who have sorted their transfers early and hit the ground running
Completely agree. I understand that finances may be tight, but if the plan was to sell one of Ramsdale or Berge, then it's been a huge error of judgement to stall like this in the transfer window, if we more or less knew that we would get the money back in.
The optimism from signing the new manager is at serious risk of evaporating completely, due to one of the worse pre and early seasons I can remember.
Apart from Slav coming in, everything seems to be going wrong.
We need a few quality signings and a result urgently.

If its NOT the manager BUT the players,then we had better get ready for another relegation,because these players will be around for a while yet.

Highlight of the match was lip reading Norwood just after he had tackled a player near the end close to the touch line.................his words were FUCK ME. 🤣
My words were…….Fuck me, I didn’t realise Norwood was playing. Or Fleck. Or Berge. And there lies the root of our biggest problem. We have no other options in the midfield. We have options in defence & up front ( although God only knows what the best selections are ) but there’s no obvious competition for the midfield spots, except maybe Freeman. This has been a glaringly obvious shortcoming for a good while. The forwards don’t get chances due to no creativity in the middle & no link up from back to front & the defence is always on the back foot as there never seems to be an out ball so we end up with sideways / backwards passing until we get pressured into mistakes or aimless punts upfield.
In other news, Verrips is not the answer to our goal keeping issue & what the fuck was the defending the long throw all about ? How many times did Furlong lob the ball into the 6 yard box & we never learnt a lesson from it. Every time the outcome was the same & we were lucky not to concede every time.
Slav’s got his work cut out 🙄

They've played bottom teams going nowhere so far. Look at the division, what they've been up against so far all sit at bottom with zero points.

Storm the league my ass.

We'll be top six easy once it becomes obvious some players may be senior in the setup, but need to be dropped.

Too many influencers in the squad currently who aren't good enough. Cull their voices and the bad vibes around the dressing room will stop and the quality in the squad can thrive.
That makes our issues look even worse then. Birmingham have a point more following their result against us and Swansea are truly appreciative of the 1 point from us.

Who’s the bad eggs and quality that you mention?

Well looks like Ramsdale will be gone soon I hope we have a new keeper lined up along with four midfielders otherwise the only way we get out of this division will be by going down. Can anyone see us bringing in a new keeper and midfield in less than two weeks. Due to the manger not being in place all summer we were already playing catch up but what worries me is the length of time it takes us to get signing through the door we have been fucking about for weeks to get Ben Davies and the lad from Sampdoria in only for him to fail a medical, it all screams to me like going to a car boot sale with 50p in your pocket. Other clubs just go and sign players we let it carry on for weeks which probably alerts others to potential signings. Make no mistake this will be a long hard season at the wrong end of the table. The 29,000 who turned up at the first game deserve so much better than this shite.

Back
Top Bottom