Official Retro Shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I popped into Meadowhall to collect a couple of tickets earlier. I don’t fancy my chances of bagging the originals, and believe me, I have tried to pick up both over the years with no joy, so I’ll be buying one of each to add to my collection.

If I look owt like Gorgeous George does in the away one then I’ll be a happy chappy. Sexy bastard, he is.
My Mrs says he's ugly. I can't work out whether I'm offended or not.

One more to add to my collection! VERY surprised I've picked this one up as cheap as I did on ebay. Very pleased with it. View attachment 122299
There is a bloke on Twitter who restores printing on football shirts. No idea what he charges but the results always look decent.

He’s call “Football Creations”.

There are plans to release many other retro shirts in the coming months. The 2 going on sale shortly will be available early next year on a permanent basis. They just did a small batch run to test their popularity, expect to see the home and away shirts from 1988 through to 1995 released early next year in the club shop. 😉

Derby have sold retro kits for years. Granted the only decent one is the one that looks like the Argentina kit, but they sell like hot cakes.

Also thanks to Upton_Blade for reminding me that I’m an old bastard.

Any word on who they’re made by yet?

The real ones with the manufacturer logo will always be superior but ultimately people lose them, they grow out of them, they get damaged beyond repair etc.

I’ve dug a few football shirts out of the loft recently and they’ve got something wrong with them which would look daft being worn in public and a couple will probably have to go in the bin.

A well made replica is a decent substitute. Who’s got £250 to drop on the real deal for something you’ll likely not wear that often.

The club shop did a few remakes a few years ago (82 and 91) and they weren’t great. Looks like the attention to detail is there this time.

I also dug mine out of the loft too the other week (I have about 30). They go all the way back to the '91 home shirt. I regret making some decisions at the time of purchasing them - like having my name and a number on the back of some (92 draw-string home shirt, diamond home shirt, Desun home shirt being the ones) - but I was a lot younger then and it was probably cool at the time. Now, looking back at the shirts, it kind of spoils them and wish I hadn't done it. Especially the 92 home shirt, as I spent ages in the shop searching for one with a red stripe down the middle, as they messed the cloth alignment up, probably to save money.

They are all absolutely enormous on me now. I was a stick insect back then but still bought L.

I also dug mine out of the loft too the other week (I have about 30). They go all the way back to the '91 home shirt. I regret making some decisions at the time of purchasing them - like having my name and a number on the back of some (92 draw-string home shirt, diamond home shirt, Desun home shirt being the ones) - but I was a lot younger then and it was probably cool at the time. Now, looking back at the shirts, it kind of spoils them and wish I hadn't done it. Especially the 92 home shirt, as I spent ages in the shop searching for one with a red stripe down the middle, as they messed the cloth alignment up, probably to save money.

They are all absolutely enormous on me now. I was a stick insect back then but still bought L.

You'd need to be careful these days walking round with 'Zulu' on the back of your shirt!

Its fairly easy to get namesets off with an iron, tea towel and Stanley knife.

Also I’ve washed a couple with names on from late 90s recently and the namesets have disintegrated pretty badly so maybe just stick them through at 40 a few times.

Back
Top Bottom