Official Retro Shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quality's good mate. Its very nicely made😊

I recieved that shirt for my birthday last week from one of my daughters
I was thinking about buying one.
My daughter was unaware I was thinking about buying one and that it is probably my favourite Blades away shirt of all time So I was quite surprised and very pleased and the quality at first look is very good

They’re only going to be deemed proper and authentic if the badge on the 89 washes of completely within 5 washes and the collar is grey within 10 washes as for the 92 I expect it to bobble like mad within first few months of it doesn’t then I’m not interested

“On the night” makes me think they’ll have X amount ready for the launch; with the rest being a pre-order scenario?

Limited edition and only available at Meadowhall but you've got to get a ticket first? Sounds good....
The ticket thing is for the launch event. I'm pretty sure they'll be available online (£6 delivery, please) in due course.

I bloody love our original kits, several were just before my time or I was younger. I would chuffing love to get my hands on some. I take YorkBlade 's point about the authenticity factors, but I just don't fancy my chances of getting an original, and in my size (i.e. not fat barsteward size).

For this reason, releasing these is a second best option and I'm subsequently mildly aroused.

I know there are 400 tickets for the launch but there are more than 400 shirts aren't there? Surely? They've sold 4 on site and there's only 2 of us.

FAnB491XMAMmqr5.jpeg

wedding-tj.gif

I popped into Meadowhall to collect a couple of tickets earlier. I don’t fancy my chances of bagging the originals, and believe me, I have tried to pick up both over the years with no joy, so I’ll be buying one of each to add to my collection.

If I look owt like Gorgeous George does in the away one then I’ll be a happy chappy. Sexy bastard, he is.

No Umbro logo on them though. Might as well be a Turkish market job.

Apart from the obvious fact that Adidas wouldn't be very happy if we were also selling Umbro branded kits while contracted with them, even if they had the Umbro logo the fact that they're not the original ones from 30 years ago and Umbro have been ingested and shat out by Nike and are now owned by an American department store group would render them pretty shit in the provenance stakes anyway.

At least being sold officially by the club means Vs a knock-off means they're not going to go up like a petrol soaked rag if someone gets a bit too close to you with a ciggy on and you can take it back if it doesn't fit.

They're nice but they're not the originals and that's what I'm into and what I've spent many years collecting, so whilst these aren't for me I hope many people who couldn't get them at the time get many years of enjoyment out of them.

I had both at the time but unfortunately that was 30 years and about 14 stone ago.

I'll be buying both if they go on sale through the normal channels.

Must admit I was never a fan of the lace up collar but apart from that it was a cracking kit.

Back
Top Bottom