Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought it was a laser within the goal, but obviously I'm wrong if they're mentioning 7 cameras. Clearly its not a full proof system but is a 1 in 9000 chance of going wrong and it just happened to happen to us! We should be used to it now after years of following the Blades!

I thought it was a laser within the goal, but obviously I'm wrong if they're mentioning 7 cameras. Clearly its not a full proof system but is a 1 in 9000 chance of going wrong and it just happened to happen to us! We should be used to it now after years of following the Blades!
The 1 in 9000 thing will be made up. They forgot to turn on the technology.

Irrelevant as VAR could have over ruled it but they bottled it.

The Guardian report says:

"United players celebrated what they believed to be an obvious goal. But the referee, Michael Oliver, waved play on, dismissing protests by pointing to his watch to indicate it had not buzzed to confirm all of the ball had crossed the line. Moments later the referee blew for an infringement against Villa – and that brought an end to the passage of play, which is why, according to the Premier League, the decision was not allowed to be referred to VAR"

I don't understand why that means the decision was not referred to VAR?

Back
Top Bottom