Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And still no Hawkeye Images released to show the apparent blockages. Bullshit. That's all they have to do to clear their name, but it ain't ever gonna come!!

A year on and I really couldn’t give less of a fuck anymore if I tried.

It was galling but it has had no impact on this season whatsoever. We would still be bottom this season even if it had been given. The only impact it might have had is that Smith wouldn't have been watching our recruitment and then coming in with £1mill more for Cash and a few more quid a week and possibly the same for Watkins. Neither of those two players would have solved the numerous problems we had this season (or is it now last season since the Prem fixtures have been released?).

It really was a lifesaver for Villa.

As I say to a Villa supporting colleague every time he attempts to take the piss they should not even be in the Premier League and if they had been relegated, as they rightly should have by that "goal" they would have lost a load of their signings, including their darling Grealish and then been at the mercy of the EFL who would have hit them with the points deduction they would have got had they not won the play-offs the previous season.

Lucky fuckers.

That is water under the bridge now.
How much difference would it have made?
It is unbelievable that such a system can fail and absolutely nothing is done about it at the time - during that match.
It simply shows everyone how utterly pathetic the people who run and make decisions about games are.
The thing I take from it, OVER ANYTHING ELSE, is that many Villa players knew (and saw) the ball was clearly over the line, but not one of them was honest about it. Most claimed it didn't go over the line and was saved by their goalkeeper.
They are and were liars.

It really was a lifesaver for Villa.

As I say to a Villa supporting colleague every time he attempts to take the piss they should not even be in the Premier League and if they had been relegated, as they rightly should have by that "goal" they would have lost a load of their signings, including their darling Grealish and then been at the mercy of the EFL who would have hit them with the points deduction they would have got had they not won the play-offs the previous season.

Lucky fuckers.

Exactly...totally lucky for them, pretty colossal ramifications in context, they'd never have made the signings they ended up making giving them the launchpad to hit the top 10 this season..they would've been having to cut their cloth accordingly to stay in line with the FFP stipulations of the Championship.

Total lack of humility or humbleness.

Did any amendments come out re changing the process for our friends watching the VAR. That is the biggest concern for me, that those watching at stockley park were unable to suggest the ref look at it on a screen. The farce that the ref has to give a goal in order for them to review it needs to change because if this has happened once, it can happen again.

I’m not bitter about it. Bournemouth should be tho. I can’t believe it’s not referenced or scrutinised more. I don’t think there was too much about it at the time from neutral sources. Hawkeye’s explanation was bullshit and if it was true, should have led to less reliance upon it and brought a change of process, as I mentioned.

I think someone forgot to turn it on. Which again should lead to a change in process for someone to run a series of checks before the game starts to check that it is on.

It was galling but it has had no impact on this season whatsoever. We would still be bottom this season even if it had been given. The only impact it might have had is that Smith wouldn't have been watching our recruitment and then coming in with £1mill more for Cash and a few more quid a week and possibly the same for Watkins. Neither of those two players would have solved the numerous problems we had this season (or is it now last season since the Prem fixtures have been released?).

And Villa would have been a Championship club, almost bankrupt and probably having their own FFP investigation held against them.

But apart from that, it changed nothing

Yeh a ref with no sense of fair play or bollocks enough to correct the totally and glaringly obvious error made by VAR, or if it wasn't switched on, just use your eyes to give the correct decision, ie goal.

Who would've thought that could happen.

Yeh a ref with no sense of fair play or bollocks enough to correct the totally and glaringly obvious error made by VAR, or if it wasn't switched on, just use your eyes to give the correct decision, ie goal.

Who would've thought that could happen.

100% it wasn't turned on, was a fucking joke, even the commentary for the second half confirmed that the team has said it was on for the second half.

Hawkeye is the new Ched Evans (which was the new Carlos Tevez)

Hawkeye being questioned again today, at the Bournemouth v Fulham game. A Mitrovic header which he didn't celebrate but Hawkeye said it had crossed the line by the narrowest of margins.

I saw yesterday that the PGMOL admitted that some of the decisions over the weekend were wrong... But when they've invested so heavily in VAR there are seemingly no repurcussions for their errors and its a shrug of the shoulders followed by they'll do a review with the PL...

I'd love to see the spread now of how many awful decisions have gone against teams playing the Top 6... it seems very much to be in favour of them (even though Arsenal's was at Man U yesterday)

As for Hawkeye, the officials are still accountable. Hawkeye should help them, not just relied upon to be always accurate.

I saw yesterday that the PGMOL admitted that some of the decisions over the weekend were wrong... But when they've invested so heavily in VAR there are seemingly no repurcussions for their errors and its a shrug of the shoulders followed by they'll do a review with the PL...

I'd love to see the spread now of how many awful decisions have gone against teams playing the Top 6... it seems very much to be in favour of them (even though Arsenal's was at Man U yesterday)

As for Hawkeye, the officials are still accountable. Hawkeye should help them, not just relied upon to be always accurate.
I can understand it with Hawkeye, it is actually incredibly accurate so understandable the officials totally rely on it.
Yesterday's and ours seem to be the exceptions

I can understand it with Hawkeye, it is actually incredibly accurate so understandable the officials totally rely on it.
Yes you can understand it… but officials also have to be sensible to realise that when they’re stood 5 yards away and the keeper is in the goal behind the post with the ball that just because his watch doesn’t buzz, the ball might be over the line

but there are not supposed to be exceptions at least 7 n camera angles how can they not see 2 angles show it clearly a foot over the line

Back
Top Bottom