Offers in for two players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given my experience of loans I'm not a fan. Then again I fuck the repayments off straight away and sell the item for bobs and vagine.
I owe bright house at least £4m quid for a desk I got back in 2013. I get my sister to answer to the door and flash her waist high droppers and they soon fuck off.
It's like offering freeman to Liverpool. Disgusting.

Obviously the offers didnt workout.

Next.

Obviously the offers didnt workout.

Next.
Pretty sure he said we’d expect to hear back within the next week or so, didn’t he?
Given the time of year, I don’t think you’re likely to get an immediate response unless it’s a rejection. The better, more sought after players will be waiting to see what is the best offer for them and would be stupid to jump straight in and accept the first deal offered.
The types of players we’re looking at and their age would suggest that this next move is incredibly important and at a crucial point in their career. Everyone involved want to get it right and that takes time and serious consideration.

Given my experience of loans I'm not a fan. Then again I fuck the repayments off straight away and sell the item for bobs and vagine.
I owe bright house at least £4m quid for a desk I got back in 2013. I get my sister to answer to the door and flash her waist high droppers and they soon fuck off.
It's like offering freeman to Liverpool. Disgusting.
Bet that sounded really funny in your head at 430 am

Pretty sure he said we’d expect to hear back within the next week or so, didn’t he?
Given the time of year, I don’t think you’re likely to get an immediate response unless it’s a rejection. The better, more sought after players will be waiting to see what is the best offer for them and would be stupid to jump straight in and accept the first deal offered.
The types of players we’re looking at and their age would suggest that this next move is incredibly important and at a crucial point in their career. Everyone involved want to get it right and that takes time and serious consideration.
I was piss taking dude, they said it could take upto the last minute😉

Let’s hope it’s Clarke Salter and Rothwell that’d be a good start think we need 2 strikers aswell

Going to put it out there…

We won’t sign anyone until July.

Most players are contracted until the end of June - even releases l assume - so have a few weeks to shop around for a better deal. Yes, no?
Yes, which is why I said we won’t sign anyone until next month 😆.

We may surprise us all and bring someone in on a fee before then. But I just can’t see a transfer fee being paid yet.

Though plenty of teams already managed to get a few players in.
Funny how we seem to struggle to do that as well, we will just keep peddling the same excuses….Window not open yet…,window doesn’t close for x weeks…plenty of players holding out for better offers….loan window….followed ultimately by…”we had offers in for several players, but”….blah blah blah…..

Fact is, the rank poor recruitment of a manager following Wilder leaving failed us last season.
Slow to decide and appoint and ultimately led to the shocking preparation of the players for the new season with everything from Friendlies to player fitness and squad prep completely buggered.
Season starts early this coming season, and yet again the present manager has fired warning shots to the board about being too slow to get its work done. I have my doubts they will be able to put it right and expect therefore for us to be starting from a position of disadvantage.

Though plenty of teams already managed to get a few players in.
Funny how we seem to struggle to do that as well, we will just keep peddling the same excuses….Window not open yet…,window doesn’t close for x weeks…plenty of players holding out for better offers….loan window….followed ultimately by…”we had offers in for several players, but”….blah blah blah…..

Fact is, the rank poor recruitment of a manager following Wilder leaving failed us last season.
Slow to decide and appoint and ultimately led to the shocking preparation of the players for the new season with everything from Friendlies to player fitness and squad prep completely buggered.
Season starts early this coming season, and yet again the present manager has fired warning shots to the board about being too slow to get its work done. I have my doubts they will be able to put it right and expect therefore for us to be starting from a position of disadvantage.
In fairness, the window not being open, and us consequently not being able to legally sign anyone, is a pretty decent excuse for not signing anyone at this point. How many transfers involving Championship clubs have been announced so far? No more than a handful.

Yes we can look at the end of the window in hindsight once it shuts .... really hope we don't leave it late again ... really need to be away from the blocks quickly this year!

In an ideal world we'd get players in early whobare just what we need.

In reality, how often does that happen at any club, let alone at ones that haven't got pots of gold.

I know it can be silly season with ITK posts but some can't wait to wade into anyone saying we're close to signing a player.

Every season we'll show interest in players we don't sign, some may even get close. Some of these may not get media coverage.

Transfer window doesn't open until Friday so we wont be doing anything this week
A, free transfers can be outside of the window.
B, it was a bit of piss taking, as mentioned earlier in the thread.
😉

Most players are contracted until the end of June - even releases l assume - so have a few weeks to shop around for a better deal. Yes, no?
Bloody play off final last weekend and already complaints about lack of singings.

Contracts often run to July and players on holiday/international duty.

I don't see a problem as long as we have most in place for the beginning of July.

If only it were as easy to sign players as it is on Football Manager!

Unfortunately, Messi doesn't sign for Hallam in real life. Similarly, some people on here appear to have totally unrealistic expectations.

Those that are already moaning about the lack of signings are just naïve

My point in general is that your point that buying "permanents" saves money is not accurate as far as I'm concerned
I'd be repeating myself JT if I just out the same points again. I think as others have said, the loan market is definitely something to be used in conjunction to the permanent market, because you can get some really decent players on loan from the PL that you wouldn't be able to afford permanently. On the flip side you could spend the loan fee and expensive PL wages on someone permanent and a young and up and coming players like we did with Lundstram and Baldock who then become the club's asset to develop. Ok we haven't sold either of those on, but there's hundreds of examples where we have sold permanent players on for huge profits, or we've retained them and have had those players services for years like Norwood and Fleck. That is cheaper than buying in loans every season which are frequently cannot be retained and if they can often it's because they've not done that well and you wouldn't want them back anyway for the fee and/or wages required for Hourihane, Olsen, and Davies, only one MGW came off and we can't afford him, had we gone up it would maybe have been different.

Here's a "stating the obvious" post.

At the end of the day, every deal is different.

Some loans can be cheap, if the parent club doesn't ask for a loan fee and the player is on low wages (i.e. young players).

Other loans are expensive, especially for established players with loan fees calculated essentially as a proportion of a transfer fee. Loans are usually over in a year, mind you, so the outgoings are easy to plan at least.

Similar story for transfers. Fees can vary from free to many millions, plus signing on fees, bonuses etc, weekly wage. All vary depending on player and various circumstances.

As fans, nearly all the numbers are a mystery, because they're private. We may see guesses in the media... We very rarely know for sure.

Isaac Hayden to Norwich is an excellent piece of business
A solid premier league player an outstanding championship one

Back
Top Bottom