Player Suggestion Odsonne Edouard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Being very, very Celtic-minded.
I really do think Wilder should head up to Glasgow,
knock on the manager's door and offer £12m.

That's what Gerrard would accept for Alf.

French Eddy stays put!

Being very, very Celtic-minded.
I really do think Wilder should head up to Glasgow,
knock on the manager's door and offer £12m.

That's what Gerrard would accept for Alf.

French Eddy stays put!

Well he'd certainly be a good subject for CW's knobhead test. With Morrison and Madine passing it and rumours of Cantwell circulating, it makes you think whether anyone ever has or ever could fail it.

Well he'd certainly be a good subject for CW's knobhead test. With Morrison and Madine passing it and rumours of Cantwell circulating, it makes you think whether anyone ever has or ever could fail it.

My initial valuation was short by £5m.
£17m perhaps, maybe £18m if that's what Lille have offered.
Bilic at WBA is also serious about Morelos too.
A wild-card deal, the lad can definitely score a goal or two,
a far better prospect than Timo Pukki was and he scored a few for Norwich City
this last season.

Maybe Foderingham's been spoken to about Morelos?
I think United have to look at every viable possibility on the transfer front,
a double-figure scorer this coming season would be a bonus.

this last season.

Keeping Morelos on the pitch is the biggest challenge. Red card potential every time he runs out to play

hello, thanks for your reply. off the bat, my assumptions are based solely on the strength of your argument and the evidence you provide.

definitely can’t think of any recent examples of high-profile scottish or scottish-based players failing after transferring from scotland and i had googled it before you even suggested and still i’m still none the wiser, unfortunately.

if there are truly ‘countless’ as you say, please educate me. i’m receptive to persuasion. one or two ought trip off the tongue.

your argument appears to based on a myth; i’ve provided four examples of recent transfers from scotland who are doing very well.

as someone who is familiar with scottish football i personally feel the guy has all the attributes to be a huge success. discounting him as a suggested on the basis that the overall standard of scottish is lower than in the epl is really rather silly. do we discount championship players on that basis?

perhaps this will interest you: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/02/celtic-hamilton-scottish-premiership-match-report

the last high profile striker to leave scotland for a big fee was moussa dembele, if you have a moment have a look at his goalscoring record since he joined lyon. i think edouard can be as good.

Gary Hooper, Anthony Stokes and Kenny Miller. All top strikers in the SPL, all proven to be at best, Championship standard players.

Marc McNulty.

Michael Higdon.

Leigh Griffiths and Ryan Kent are two of the best up there at the moment.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Good strikers have come out of Scotland, so to suggest a lot just don't cut it at a higher level is completely accurate.

this last season.

Morelos has a face only a mother could love. Doesn't strike me as a Wilder type player in the slightest.

this last season.

Totally agree that Utd have to look at all viable option given their inability to simply pay more than the competition for players.

At a few £m then maybe but £17-18m for Morelos strikes me a huge gamble. How often would he be available and even then be certain to stay on the pitch for 90 mins?

Undoubtedly a talent on his day and one that could probably do it at Prem level but the baggage that would come with him would probably make him a no from me.

Play sample size games if you want, but Tierney has been immense since the restart

Pa and me, we'd watch all the Celtic games together on the TV.
We've seen this lad come thru' the ranks at Celtic, he outgrew Celtic FC, it was inevitable he would
move to EPL. I always thought it would be Manchester United, Pa said "City" - but it was Arsenal.

It's not only his footballing talent, his humility and persona, in a world of Grealish/McBurnie/Lingard,
Kieran Tierney is the footballer every mother would want their daughter to marry!

I was overjoyed when Arsenal won the FA Cup, purely because of Kieran Tierney.

Totally agree that Utd have to look at all viable option given their inability to simply pay more than the competition for players.

At a few £m then maybe but £17-18m for Morelos strikes me a huge gamble. How often would he be available and even then be certain to stay on the pitch for 90 mins?

Undoubtedly a talent on his day and one that could probably do it at Prem level but the baggage that would come with him would probably make him a no from me.

I'm no fan of him by a long way, but the fish-bowl life of a footballer playing for Rangers/Celtic can sometimes be a huge obstacle to overcome. Some will thrive and be a success, some will flounder and leave a career in tatters. Playing in another city, albeit two-clubs, but nothing like the scrutiny of the media circus that follows both Celtic and Rangers around, might be the best thing he can do. Lille have allegedly agreed terms with Rangers and are now just waiting for Morelos to agree terms, though forgive me, because it may be the other way around!

I'm no fan of him by a long way, but the fish-bowl life of a footballer playing for Rangers/Celtic can sometimes be a huge obstacle to overcome. Some will thrive and be a success, some will flounder and leave a career in tatters. Playing in another city, albeit two-clubs, but nothing like the scrutiny of the media circus that follows both Celtic and Rangers around, might be the best thing he can do. Lille have allegedly agreed terms with Rangers and are now just waiting for Morelos to agree terms, though forgive me, because it may be the other way around!
News reports suggest £17m from Lille which as others have said sounds a big risk for our budget. That said it does depend what else is out there

News reports suggest £17m from Lille which as others have said sounds a big risk for our budget. That said it does depend what else is out there

Ah! That's where i'm at a loss. I have no idea of what the transfer-budget is/will be.
If it's £30m, then it's a no deal. Does anyone have an idea on what money United have to spend this window?

Ah! That's where i'm at a loss. I have no idea of what the transfer-budget is/will be.
If it's £30m, then it's a no deal. Does anyone have an idea on what money United have to spend this window?
Lots of guesses as always but as with last season we may be surprised either way. £17m would on face value seem to be a big chunk though

At 17m you sign this man - he's a baller. Scottish football can get in the bin, but he's scored 11 goals in 29 european games - that's not too shabby. He's only 22, can score with both feet (not at the same time), great footwork and control, can hit a freekick...what more do you want for 17m beans?

He ain’t 17m
Rangers are wanting 20m for their main striker who ain’t no where near as good.

The Rangers lad was very poor in the games I saw him last season. He missed loads of sitters, particularly vs Celtic.

At 17m you sign this man - he's a baller. Scottish football can get in the bin, but he's scored 11 goals in 29 european games - that's not too shabby. He's only 22, can score with both feet (not at the same time), great footwork and control, can hit a freekick...what more do you want for 17m beans?
The rumoured £17m from Lille is for Morelos.

Édouard is being touted in the £30-40m bracket.

The rumoured £17m from Lille is for Morelos.

Édouard is being touted in the £30-40m bracket.

giphy.gif

I'd say there's more chance of him signing for Barca than the Blades. Completely unrealistic target.

Aye, it's not so much ITK (I have never been ITK, nor would I claim to be if I was) as common sense. We've as much chance of signing this lad as I have of being elected Pope.

Sure we all said this before Berge signed too.

True enough but he wasn't rated at £35m ( at least not that I saw). If we could even pay the fee for Edouard, which we can't, surely there are a lot of far more attractive offers in for a striker of his quality?

The match report in the Guardian for Celtic's win over Hamilton was basically just 500 words pimping this guy to Europe's top clubs.

True enough but he wasn't rated at £35m ( at least not that I saw). If we could even pay the fee for Edouard, which we can't, surely there are a lot of far more attractive offers in for a striker of his quality?

The match report in the Guardian for Celtic's win over Hamilton was basically just 500 words pimping this guy to Europe's top clubs.
No, he was rated as one of the top talents in Europe. Arguably quoted to be a bigger talent than Edouard (admittedly in a different position) maybe so. However I'd like us to be still sat at the table.

Morelos has a face only a mother could love. Doesn't strike me as a Wilder type player in the slightest.

He's a very charitable man, and does a lot of great work. Maybe more of a Wilder type player than his media persona would suggest.

Back
Top Bottom