Player Suggestion Odsonne Edouard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A player destined for great things. A dream signing. However, I feel some club with megabucks will take the risk on him soon enough.

A player destined for great things. A dream signing. However, I feel some club with megabucks will take the risk on him soon enough.
Rumoured to be Leeds that are interested. Surely we will have significant pulling power in that regard.

interesting shout. Add in that Celtic were interested in signing Moose previously maybe we could move him on as a makeweight in the deal ? Moose plus 10 million for Edouard sounds like win win for both sides.
To be honest I'm not sure why nobodys mentioned him yet. He's a beast on FM20. A beast in real life, and he's the exact signing I'd hope wilder would be looking at.

Rumoured to be Leeds that are interested. Surely we will have significant pulling power in that regard.
Arsenal the main rumour I’ve seen. Although slightly perturbed to note a Scottish blade, I think on here, called him idle And flakey!

Arsenal the main rumour I’ve seen. Although slightly perturbed to note a Scottish blade, I think on here, called him idle And flakey!
I saw it on transfer market that Leeds were interested. Lmao guys quality. Definitely going to be special.

I saw it on transfer market that Leeds were interested. Lmao guys quality. Definitely going to be special.
Looks quality when I’ve watched him to be fair, but then again the Scottish premier isn’t like the quality down here?

Looks quality when I’ve watched him to be fair, but then again the Scottish premier isn’t like the quality down here?
Looking at this season alone he's scored in every contest Celtic have been in, he's scored in the Europa League, the champions league and has a ridiculous PPG ratio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200722-175742_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722-175742_Chrome.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 35
Where did Celtic get him from?

we cant afford the finished article so we need to start doing a Brentford and getting these players identified and signed before they make a Name for themselves

Where did Celtic get him from?

we cant afford the finished article so we need to start doing a Brentford and getting these players identified and signed before they make a Name for themselves
PSG youth team. Must be some more quality in there that they ignore.

PSG youth team. Must be some more quality in there that they ignore.

PSG youth set up is bonkers & they almost always bin them off for some reason. They’ve allowed a kid called Adil Aouchiche leave (for free) to St Etienne in the last couple of weeks... it’s thought that he’s part of the next generation of quality French players, and they’ve just let him walk out the front door.

I know this was mentioned a while back as a possible signing along with Marelos as potential SPL incomings before the latter stopped scoring.

I think he'd be a good 'next level' type signing. Though with Celtic looking for 10 in a row and being pretty well placed in terms of cash, I can imagine them not being overly in a rush to sell their best forward.

I have reservations about signing players from the Scottish Sunday League. I would rather Watkins or if the budget is tight even Brewster on loan would be preferred.

Edouard may well turn out to be a top player but it would be a complete gamble. We have no point of reference for it. It’s like saying “I could win the British Grand Prix” after a few 1st placed finishes at the local go karting track.

I have reservations about signing players from the Scottish Sunday League. I would rather Watkins or if the budget is tight even Brewster on loan would be preferred.

Edouard may well turn out to be a top player but it would be a complete gamble. We have no point of reference for it. It’s like saying “I could win the British Grand Prix” after a few 1st placed finishes at the local go karting track.

i’d say calling signing him a ‘complete gamble’ would be a gross overstatement friend.

armstrong, mcginn, tierney and van dijk have all come from scottish clubs recently and are enjoying success in england.

which high-profile signings from the scottish league would you suggest to reinforce your point? genuinely curious.

i’d say calling signing him a ‘complete gamble’ would be a gross overstatement friend.

armstrong, mcginn, tierney and van dijk have all come from scottish clubs recently and are enjoying success in england.

which high-profile signings from the scottish league would you suggest to reinforce your point? genuinely curious.

Hmmm. Are we talking Armstrong from Southampton? He’s ok.

Tierney has proved very little yet. McGinn has done ok in a poor side, so again I need a bigger sample of proof over a slightly longer period. Van Dijk fine....that’s one. I hasten to add that none of them are strikers. Scoring goals is by far the hardest skill at that level.

I don’t know how anyone could assume an SPL striker simply going to flourish in the EPL. Countless have moved south and been useless.

Hmmm. Are we talking Armstrong from Southampton? He’s ok.

Tierney has proved very little yet. McGinn has done ok in a poor side, so again I need a bigger sample of proof over a slightly longer period. Van Dijk fine....that’s one. I hasten to add that none of them are strikers. Scoring goals is by far the hardest skill at that level.

I don’t know how anyone could assume an SPL striker simply going to flourish in the EPL. Countless have moved south and been useless.

thanks for your reply. all four i mentioned, i’d have at our club in a heartbeat, i’d suggest anyone with any sense would agree with that so let’s put it to one side.

of these ‘countless’ players you mention, would you mind referencing one or two please. just for my own education.

i don’t believe anyone with any sense would assume anything about signing anyone. respectfully, it seems to be you who is making the assumptions.

Out of interest, other that Utd got into the Prem a year prior to Leeds and of course did well last season, why do you think the club would be more attractive to a player than Leeds? To the neutral, there are a number of factors that would point to the opposite - some of which could of course be countered but a player's (& agent's) head may be turned by Bielsa, higher profile city (& better nightlife!), larger (albeit worse) stadium, larger crowds, likely higher salary on offer.

As I suspect we'll find out, Leeds' recruitment may well be a thorn in Utd's side this summer, just as Villa's was last season (& may well be again!)

thanks for your reply. all four i mentioned, i’d have at our club in a heartbeat, i’d suggest anyone with any sense would agree with that so let’s put it to one side.

of these ‘countless’ players you mention, would you mind referencing one or two please. just for my own education.

i don’t believe anyone with any sense would assume anything about signing anyone. respectfully, it seems to be you who is making the assumptions.

Why can't you just reply respectfully without the "anyone with any sense" shit, just because the person doesn't agree with you? Arrogance.

And anyone with any sense would know how to use capital letters.

Seriously? You can’t think of any? I have better things to do pal. Just google Scottish players that have played in the PL. The list will show more hits than misses that’s common knowledge.

Everything is an assumption before it’s been proved. Mine is based on the fact that the guy plays in a much poorer league and hasn’t played in the PL, with most imports from that league having been underwhelming in recent times. Law of averages, might be wrong but it’s a good shout.

Not sure what your assumptions are based on.

Seriously? You can’t think of any? I have better things to do pal. Just google Scottish players that have played in the PL. The list will show more hits than misses that’s common knowledge.

Everything is an assumption before it’s been proved. Mine is based on the fact that the guy plays in a much poorer league and hasn’t played in the PL, with most imports from that league having been underwhelming in recent times. Law of averages, might be wrong but it’s a good shout.

Not sure what your assumptions are based on.

hello, thanks for your reply. off the bat, my assumptions are based solely on the strength of your argument and the evidence you provide.

definitely can’t think of any recent examples of high-profile scottish or scottish-based players failing after transferring from scotland and i had googled it before you even suggested and still i’m still none the wiser, unfortunately.

if there are truly ‘countless’ as you say, please educate me. i’m receptive to persuasion. one or two ought trip off the tongue.

your argument appears to based on a myth; i’ve provided four examples of recent transfers from scotland who are doing very well.

as someone who is familiar with scottish football i personally feel the guy has all the attributes to be a huge success. discounting him as a suggested on the basis that the overall standard of scottish is lower than in the epl is really rather silly. do we discount championship players on that basis?

perhaps this will interest you: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/02/celtic-hamilton-scottish-premiership-match-report

the last high profile striker to leave scotland for a big fee was moussa dembele, if you have a moment have a look at his goalscoring record since he joined lyon. i think edouard can be as good.

Surely this is cloud cuckoo land stuff? Not necessarily for the figures involved, but due to the competition for his signing.

Does look very very handy in highlights. I suppose it's not impossible as a lot of the best Celtic players tend to have a stepping stone to e.g. Southampton.

hello, thanks for your reply. off the bat, my assumptions are based solely on the strength of your argument and the evidence you provide.

definitely can’t think of any recent examples of high-profile scottish or scottish-based players failing after transferring from scotland and i had googled it before you even suggested and still i’m still none the wiser, unfortunately.

if there are truly ‘countless’ as you say, please educate me. i’m receptive to persuasion. one or two ought trip off the tongue.

your argument appears to based on a myth; i’ve provided four examples of recent transfers from scotland who are doing very well.

as someone who is familiar with scottish football i personally feel the guy has all the attributes to be a huge success. discounting him as a suggested on the basis that the overall standard of scottish is lower than in the epl is really rather silly. do we discount championship players on that basis?

perhaps this will interest you: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/02/celtic-hamilton-scottish-premiership-match-report

the last high profile striker to leave scotland for a big fee was moussa dembele, if you have a moment have a look at his goalscoring record since he joined lyon. i think edouard can be as good.

Ok

Back
Top Bottom