Now the dust as settled

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Weston blade

Reaction score
Let's now take stock , past 24hrs or so we have lost Slava and replaced him with Hecky. Why we will never know, however nothing else has changed. The players are still the same we are all still passionate for the blade's. So let's sit back and see what transpires. We all knew that the transfer fund was low and we would have to use the loan market. Bring on the younger players etc etc. I'm still confident our season will not be all doom and gloom in which I've read by some fellow blades. Which they are intitled to voice. All I ask for is time to see where we go. Now is the time to be United. UTB FTP

We need major investment to overhaul the squad and whilst rhetoric about “playing the youngsters” is great, the reality is maybe two or three every 3-4 years are capable of making and performing in the first team. It’s a sticking plaster for a gaping wound. We’ll go nowhere without meaningful investment in playing staff this next couple of seasons as the core of the squad have run their course. Wilder recognised it, Slav recognised it.

Our owner and chairman have basically receded into the background so my expectation is they will / are trying to sell the club whilst cutting any investment into the playing squad.

The best we can look forward to is that we tread water rather than do a Wednesday and the Prince sells the club as soon as possible.

Let's now take stock , past 24hrs or so we have lost Slava and replaced him with Hecky. Why we will never know, however nothing else has changed. The players are still the same we are all still passionate for the blade's. So let's sit back and see what transpires. We all knew that the transfer fund was low and we would have to use the loan market. Bring on the younger players etc etc. I'm still confident our season will not be all doom and gloom in which I've read by some fellow blades. Which they are intitled to voice. All I ask for is time to see where we go. Now is the time to be United. UTB FTP
At last a voice of reason, it's often said on here that the Prince hasn't got a pot to piss in, well, whatever your views, yesterday's clear out won't have come cheap, not by Blades standards anyway.
It's said the Prince lacks ambition, again, yesterday's actions show different, whether you are for or against the new regime. It had all gone a bit flat with Slav and co. any interaction between manager and fans was zero, had been from day one. Let's give it a good go Sunday UTB

Now the dust as settled. Personally, I feel worse, the more I think about it the more I worry there is worse to come. Got more questions than answers.
To me it sounds like Hecky got a letter from a long lost Aunty saying you’ve just been left a big old house , problem is , it’s in a state of disrepair , got huge running costs and the staff ain’t been paid for months. The Butler running the place as buggered off ( Foreigner he was, and no interest at all in taking this job on) and now it’s been looked after by the Gardener. But don’t worry there are a few bits of treasure hanging about that could be of value , and round the back we have a few young Chickens and a hen house , of course you can always use the eggs to feed the staff or maybe sell off some of the young chicks to feed the staff.
Aunty is in no doubt Hecky that you are the man for the job and won’t be judged on a weekly basis , even if the house collapses or becomes unsaleable. Another thing Paul, the land it’s built on is owned by Tesco. Their plan is to build a big Fxxk off distribution centre which will totally mess things up if we ever get any visitors again.
OH, by the way, please stay away from the garage , it’s unsafe and got a great big Fxxk off hole in the roof. I was warned about this by the previous Butler but chose not to listen as I thought he had got too big for his boots so showed him the Back door.
That’s all for now Paul, must dash my flights just been called, any problems I’ve left 10p on the big mantle piece, that way you can call someone who gives a FXXK.
Your loving Aunty.

Now the dust has settled. Will United still play on Saturday and Tuesday? Yes. Will the pubs be open before and after? Yes. Will my mates still be going? Yes. Will we still be playing in red and white? Yes. I don't think we'll go down this season, next season who knows? As long as there's a team to get behind/criticise it's really all ok.

At last a voice of reason, it's often said on here that the Prince hasn't got a pot to piss in, well, whatever your views, yesterday's clear out won't have come cheap, not by Blades standards anyway.
It's said the Prince lacks ambition, again, yesterday's actions show different, whether you are for or against the new regime. It had all gone a bit flat with Slav and co. any interaction between manager and fans was zero, had been from day one. Let's give it a good go Sunday UTB

He hasn't got a pot to piss in yesterday made that very clear.
That's why we have appointed the cheap option, and someone who's not going to ask for new players if he ever managed to find the owners.

Now the dust as settled. Personally, I feel worse, the more I think about it the more I worry there is worse to come. Got more questions than answers.
To me it sounds like Hecky got a letter from a long lost Aunty saying you’ve just been left a big old house , problem is , it’s in a state of disrepair , got huge running costs and the staff ain’t been paid for months. The Butler running the place as buggered off ( Foreigner he was, and no interest at all in taking this job on) and now it’s been looked after by the Gardener. But don’t worry there are a few bits of treasure hanging about that could be of value , and round the back we have a few young Chickens and a hen house , of course you can always use the eggs to feed the staff or maybe sell off some of the young chicks to feed the staff.
Aunty is in no doubt Hecky that you are the man for the job and won’t be judged on a weekly basis , even if the house collapses or becomes unsaleable. Another thing Paul, the land it’s built on is owned by Tesco. Their plan is to build a big Fxxk off distribution centre which will totally mess things up if we ever get any visitors again.
OH, by the way, please stay away from the garage , it’s unsafe and got a great big Fxxk off hole in the roof. I was warned about this by the previous Butler but chose not to listen as I thought he had got too big for his boots so showed him the Back door.
That’s all for now Paul, must dash my flights just been called, any problems I’ve left 10p on the big mantle piece, that way you can call someone who gives a FXXK.
Your loving Aunty.
Now I love a good metaphor but that’s taking a sledge hammer to crack a peanut!

See what I did there? Keep em short.

As for OP Prince is skint he had one massive chance but cost and time fighting McCabe resulted in him take his eye off the ball and was hoodwinked by Wilder who pi55ed his £120m pot up the wall.

So most of us have been saying we need some brick out house defenders and a hard man defensive midfielder,and that's just for starters,now apparently,bringing in the kids is the answer and some are actually believing that this will work.

We need major investment to overhaul the squad and whilst rhetoric about “playing the youngsters” is great, the reality is maybe two or three every 3-4 years are capable of making and performing in the first team. It’s a sticking plaster for a gaping wound. We’ll go nowhere without meaningful investment in playing staff this next couple of seasons as the core of the squad have run their course. Wilder recognised it, Slav recognised it.

Our owner and chairman have basically receded into the background so my expectation is they will / are trying to sell the club whilst cutting any investment into the playing squad.

The best we can look forward to is that we tread water rather than do a Wednesday and the Prince sells the club as soon as possible.
We didn't need major investment on the last two occasions we got promotion

Now the dust has settled. Will United still play on Saturday and Tuesday? Yes. Will the pubs be open before and after? Yes. Will my mates still be going? Yes. Will we still be playing in red and white? Yes. I don't think we'll go down this season, next season who knows? As long as there's a team to get behind/criticise it's really all ok.
This 👏👏👏👏

So most of us have been saying we need some brick out house defenders and a hard man defensive midfielder,and that's just for starters,now apparently,bringing in the kids is the answer and some are actually believing that this will work.
It's possible to have both

We spent £4m on Egan and £2m on Norwood in the promotion season. And that team was on the ascendancy.
Don't see your point.

Are you counting that as major investment then? I'd say Ramsdale, Brewster, McBurnie, Mousset and Berge are major investments at £10m+ each.

I'm sure we will still be buying players at sub £5m level in January.

Don't see your point.

Are you counting that as major investment then? I'd say Ramsdale, Brewster, McBurnie, Mousset and Berge are major investments at £10m+ each.

I agree… free transfers and the odd signing on fees are sub £5m !

Don't see your point.

"The plan should not be 'fresh blood' or 'new bodies' in the coming window. We will not work this way. We will work with the manager and the team on a longer term plan and promoting players + staff from within

We’ve got an ageing squad papered over with over priced sick notes, loans and flops. Appointing Slav showed some long term vision with a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season. We seem to have ripped that up and replaced it with Bettis’ mate on the cheap trying to get the dregs out of the old boys. I’m not one to worry about football, but a chairman holding the fans in contempt is not a good sign. If it gets that bad I’ll vote with my feet but for a lot of people this club is their main outlet or hobby and it’s not nice seeing it go like this. It very much looks like a Hull scenario at the moment the way it’s heading. But yes, unfortunately, it’s a business and there is absolutely fuck all we can do about it it. We might as well get behind the players because god knows what they’re thinking at the moment.

Trying to be positive. Maybe there is a lot more good football to be had from the likes of stevens , Norwood, fleck, mcburnie and mousset with a manager that A) hasn’t had mental meltdown under the pressure of losing against vastly better resourced clubs in the prem B) has got language issues and is trying to radically change the style of play with no success or buy in from the players. All our team have shown that they have the capacity to play at a high level in the champ and are not to old to have a revival ( Billy Didsy already fine ) . I think Hecky will be a breath of fresh air to them and a few good results restore confidence. He will go back to basics - not playing out from back, high energy ball winning and attacking which will be better to watch. The narrative could be completely different and on a roll by the new year. Like I said trying to be positive.

I wonder if King Kev will buy us back. Hopefully he does and as usual sells all the best players McBurnie,berge and Brewster.
Fingers crossed/not crossed/ really don’t want that to happen.

I don't see all the negatives ask yourself was it working under Slav was the football tremendously exciting? Was it fuck it was slow boring side to side and backwards strewn with errors and most of the players looked like they couldn't be arsed. Slav tried every formation in the book to try and find a winning formula it didn't work no amount of playing players out of position was going to change it. Glad he has gone now rather than at the end of January at least Hecky has a bit of scope to make a few changes both in and out and by God some need to go out the squad is way too big.

And on each occasion was anything sustained nope it wasn’t
Promotion on the cheap is one thing consolidation at the top table another
We were always living on borrowed time in the EPL. They're very few clubs get promoted and stay there. Having a second season was a surprise to me. What I want to see is us bounce back, stronger each time, and that's why this season and next are so crucial, as this is our best chance, and Slav was included in this statement. Really disappointed he's gone, but there must be a lot things gone on we don't know about. And the football was dire.

It appears the big investment into the company the Prince mentioned recently has fallen by the way side
Why say these things and then they don’t happen, better to announce when the contract has been signed

"The plan should not be 'fresh blood' or 'new bodies' in the coming window. We will not work this way. We will work with the manager and the team on a longer term plan and promoting players + staff from within
Jeez, now I've got to watch the whole thing properly to find a counter quote. Including all the stuff about a Strategic Plan, which was bigged up as if they'd just invented the wheel.

Leave it with me......

I don't see all the negatives ask yourself was it working under Slav was the football tremendously exciting? Was it fuck it was slow boring side to side and backwards strewn with errors and most of the players looked like they couldn't be arsed. Slav tried every formation in the book to try and find a winning formula it didn't work no amount of playing players out of position was going to change it. Glad he has gone now rather than at the end of January at least Hecky has a bit of scope to make a few changes both in and out and by God some need to go out the squad is way too big.
I find it hard to believe the players will be upset he has gone. There was no connection or empathy between Slav and the players. I hope Hecky can bring ‘em on and recall Jebbison, Lopata, Sarki and Coubilaye

The issue is that it's quite obvious Slav was brought in with certain promises, which were not stuck to - So why are you now trusting of their new plan, when they've shown that they are quite obviously untrustworthy, and even worse... Couldn't give a shit about the opinion of the fans? That press conference yesterday was the most amateur thing I've seen in a long time in football. They were all continuously contradicting each to the point of embarrassment.

I've defended the Prince a lot over the last few years, but this has done it - I wouldn't trust the guy with a cup of tea anymore.

I find it hard to believe the players will be upset he has gone. There was no connection or empathy between Slav and the players. I hope Hecky can bring ‘em on and recall Jebbison, Lopata, Sarki and Coubilaye

If they're happy that a manager with a winning mentality is gone, I then have issues with the players as well as the board. The manager shouldn't need to be the players friends, he's their boss.

The positive is we have restructured off the field and delegated responsibility for running the day to day football operations of the club to those who are at least semi qualified. This is a big step forward from the chaos of the last 9 months and was badly needed.

Yet to be seen is the on field performance we weren’t doing particularly well but we had a manager who’s record spoke for itself and so I had faith would improve things if the rest of the club could be sorted. We’ve now appointed a staff who are apparently well respected and good coaches but who’s leader has an at best spotty managerial record and worst pretty poor one. That said the players like him and apparently he’s respected within the club so who knows the stars might align for him let’s see.

The negative there’s been a clearly communicated disengagement from ownership this inevitably destabilises the club and raises serious questions over the long term trajectory of the club and it’s unlikely to be fixed unless investment is secured or the club is sold.

If they're happy that a manager with a winning mentality is gone, I then have issues with the players as well as the board. The manager shouldn't need to be the players friends, he's their boss.
well they certainly wernt playing for him were they so i think they will be happy him and his staff have gone something wasnt right

Dust settled....we are fucked with a complete clown as an owner and heading towards League 1 next season

Back
Top Bottom