Not waving but drowning…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony - we won the "occasional match "- whats your take now.?
It's one game and one result. It's all well and good throwing words back in someone's face after just one result. My judgement was based on 10 matches of poor football, yours is based on what? 45 minutes of good football? If we win the next two or three games then come back throwing words in people's faces, or can I do this to you if we go on to lose then next four? If Hecky is so amazing and we've turned the tide, explain the first half against Wolves, which was, by my understanding, as poor as any other match we've played this season? It's all well and good trying to make someone look like an idiot after 45 minutes of good footall after 10 winless games, but you might equally look as foolish (which I don't feel as you're post is pathetic), if we don't win any of the next four or five matches.

I really hate this bigger blade, I told you so stuff on this forum. It's petty and pathetic and serves no purpose other than to fuel your own ego to make yourself feel superior to others. Why not argue objectively, naming specific things that are wrong with something that someone wrote, but offer a reasonable argument against their views other than "I told you so because I had faith and thought we did." Offer something tangible in debate back. If you can't do that then I feel sorry for you as you obviously have very little else to do than scour message boards to single out someone for something they posted that you don't agree with just so you can post "I told you so" in a petty manner. Grow up.

Ask yourself this, if we hadn't have been given that penalty or if Norwood had missed it, then what would people be saying now? Would Hecky still be in a job?

I'm pleased we won, because, and this might shock you, I'm a Sheffield United fan like you and everyone else on here. I come on here to chat and debate about Sheffield United. I don't always agree with people and I don't expect people to agree with me. When I don't agree with someone I'll always say WHY but I'll never say they're wrong. I'll always offer a counter argument so I can show that I understand where their view is coming from and they can understand where mine is coming from and can offer counter argument and open up debate.

Last edited:

I think changing your opinion just because we've won, or trying to wind people up who still would rather we change managers is a bit silly. We beat Wolves at home in a poor game of football via one spozzy deflection sending Archer through (great finish) and a dodgy pen (great pen).

Great to win, step closer to 12 points, but lets not pretend it was anything special or groundbreaking.
I'm still in team 'I'd like a change' - and it's gonna take more than that to sway me.

Hecky needs to bottle whatever he said to them at half time on Saturday, and force-feed it to them before every game for the rest of the season. It was chalk and cheese...like watching a completely different side 2nd half. If we can recreate that going forward, we might have the very slimmest chance of survival, as long as the rest of the bottom 4 keep being shit as well.

Hecky needs to bottle whatever he said to them at half time on Saturday, and force-feed it to them before every game for the rest of the season. It was chalk and cheese...like watching a completely different side 2nd half. If we can recreate that going forward, we might have the very slimmest chance of survival, as long as the rest of the bottom 4 keep being shit as well.
I don't think he said anything ground breaking I just think the enforced change was the key maybe it was the players who took the shackles off not the manager.

It's one game and one result. It's all well and good throwing words back in someone's face after just one result. My judgement was based on 10 matches of poor football, yours is based on what? 45 minutes of good football? If we win the next two or three games then come back throwing words in people's faces, or can I do this to you if we go on to lose then next four? If Hecky is so amazing and we've turned the tide, ex
Tony- sorry did not mean to wind you up- My view is simple - irrespective of result today- sacking Hecky is not the answer. Its the idle response to any clubs dismal performance.
The guy got us up into this Division, lost 2/3 of our best footballers and is paddling hard against a tidal wave of big clubs with bottomless pockets of cash. Yes the result last week was on fine margins , but so were a lot of our losses earlier this season.
Lets give them all a bit of encouragement
Keep the faith.

It’s obviously a bit more nuanced than win a game…he keeps his job, lose a game and he’s sacked. That’s no good for us, the club or Hecky. Sorry Blades, but this debacle of a season has got to run its natural course. Yes, I’ve also looked round for alternative managers, but I keep coming back to the same conclusion. This fuckin club of ours have given Hecky a wooden sword to take into a gun fight, we have to let him see the season out, there’s simply no obvious choice out there that can keep this listing afloat…

Back
Top Bottom