Not being negative but I now think Boro will take 2nd now 😔

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Needs to be Luton in fairness. We finished 11 points clear of Luton, and they were 10 clear of Coventry. I know the playoffs is a bitch, but with big points gaps like this it doesn't sit right with me.
S6 finished 19 points in front of Peterborough, looks like they won’t go up now.. would posh sitting back and letting them win 5-0 be fair enough for you?

Having watched the Boro v Coventry match i thought Boro were really poor and it would have been best for us if they were promoted as they would def occupy one of the relegation places

for that reason I now want Luton promoted
now lets rub it in by taking Giles

I didn’t say we shouldn’t try, however he’s going to cost more than £20m which means he’s out of our grasp. Also, quite a few other PL clubs like Wolves are supposedly interested which means we can’t match wages.
Aside from logic and reality there’s no reason why we shouldn’t get him through.
An excellent logical reply.
In reality it is not impossible he could arrive at BDTBL.

An excellent logical reply.
In reality it is not impossible he could arrive at BDTBL.
We can agree on that. It’s not impossible and we’d both be pretty happy if it happened.

It just won’t 😀

There are exceptions!!
I hope posh do the same as last match in this one.
There are exceptions!!
I hope posh do the same as last match in this one.

Noooooo.. let em get 2 in the first half.. get giddy, bounce a bit.. call us wankers etc, miss a penalty.. then Posh go down the other end, bang one in.. then as one run to Barry Banana and start pretend crying

Having watched the Boro v Coventry match i thought Boro were really poor and it would have been best for us if they were promoted as they would def occupy one of the relegation places

for that reason I now want Luton promoted
now lets rub it in by taking Giles
I hope not - I don't want any of Boro's players....they all look bang average to me. Archer from Villa looks decent though. Giles can't defend - I rather stick with RND.

My first visit to Coventry was in their first ever season in the old First Division at their first home match of the season. Drew 2-2 O think. I next came across some lads from Coventry at college in Horsforth, Leeds in 1969. Nice lads but arrogant. Coventry was full of the motor industry and wages were good. Went back in 2004/5 for 7 months to straighten out my then companies B2B telemarketing operation in Coventry Point office block. I was shocked at how dour the place was. It was during winter I was there and Christmas decorations and lights in the town centre had been replaced by "Winter Festival" signs and images. The place was scruffy and, oh, that ring road on stilts...
If you say Coventry is ok now then good, cos it was sh1te back then
That ring road is a nightmare to drive on unless you're familiar with it! I though Cov seemed ok in fairness, didn't see that much of it in my brief stay there but seen a lot worse places. Went to the old Highfield Road ground too back when Warnock was manager. Seem to recall Jack Lester scored a pen and we won 1 - 0!

Off topic I know, I messaged a ex business contact who's a Coventry supporter to say well done (he also played for them back in the 70s ) after all the crap we got about our fans up there he rang me and was telling me that a number of their fans were throwing various missiles at them as they came out of the ground and being generally obnoxious

Amazing that after all their scoring exploits this season they didn't score a single goal in the play offs

It's a shame really because they at least deserve to be in the play off final

But they've paid the price for taking their foot off the gas after 2nd was out of reach. They were unable to turn it on again. This was always a worry. Anyone hitting the play offs with momentum like Coventry were a big danger to them. Particularly Coventry actually because they're real awkward bastards

It seems they just didn't have the mental strength. Whenever they got near us, they slipped up. And now this in the play offs - not even scoring at home, when they have every other time under Carrick

The Great Chuba Benzema deserves more. Will be interesting to see what happens to him and some others. Will be difficult for them to maintain their strength next season.... Archer won't be there for a start. Hopefully he'll be here. That would be a nice low blow akin to Forest getting MGW

I want Luton to go up. Be nice for them. I also want to see how they get their ground PL ready.

Thing is though, I can see them staying up. They play some good football and the narrow tight pitch will cause problems for a lot of the pampered stars of the PL.

It's great to watch when it's a throw-in on the nearside of the pitch, the camera is literally straight above the thrower

View attachment 160887
I think you will find the pitch size is actually the same as the vast majority of grounds in the EFL (pitches must be between 110 and 120 yards long and between 70 and 80 yards wide - Lutons pitch is actually 110 (the shortest possible) x 72. Bramall Lane is actually 112 x 72 so if Luton is narrow, Bramall Lane is narrow). I think what you are trying to say it appears to be narrow and tight due to the close proximity of the stands.

Their head of recruitment analytics is widely known as a massive Blade. You can never really get a full understanding of everyone’s input from the outside but to go from essentially just running a Twitter page sharing thoughts on football data (specifically starting with Sheff Utd focused stuff if I remember rightly) to where he is now is brilliant.
We should definitely sign Jay Socik!

end of the day when the prem fixtures come out we will feature , whereas Boro wont

Im ok with that

surely if they gave Carrick manager of the year for getting in the playoffs after a poor start surely Hecky should have got it the previous season

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom